Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well it's been a while since posting in here.

Today i finally decided I'm going to play the dlc I purchased a year or so ago in that psn sale!

Loaded up my new game plus character and so far I've rang both bells (dear lord Blighttown.. I do not miss you) and killed the hydra, crystal golem behind the hydra and said yes to the npc.

So next up is to go to Sens Fortress I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tok9 wrote: »
    Well it's been a while since posting in here.

Today i finally decided I'm going to play the dlc I purchased a year or so ago in that psn sale!

Loaded up my new game plus character and so far I've rang both bells (dear lord Blighttown.. I do not miss you) and killed the hydra, crystal golem behind the hydra and said yes to the npc.

So next up is to go to Sens Fortress I believe.

Yep Sens, you have to complete Anor Londo and reach The Dukes Archives before you can enter the DLC

Yup.. finally made it and beat the first boss. Man is this game still great. Pity about the framerate at times.

Got a nice surprise just before passing that second bridge.. those are the moments I love.

Well the artorias knight is damn tough. Got him down to about a 1/5 health and I was logged off the network so it stopped the fight :(

Doesn't seem to be as much summon activity although that could be down to the time.

Helped someone else beat the dragon which was my first time seeing it. I'm not sure he's any easier :p

Right well I finally managed to beat him. Just took some good timing and patience.

Then went on to lose all the 150,000 souls and 6 Humanity as I was invaded and then rushing back to get them.. I did something stupid :(

Leave it there for the night.

Well the DLC is well worth it anyway. Really enjoying it. Only have the dragon left to beat which looks like it may take a while.

I'm beginning to think my levels are all over the place as I'm only doing about 200-250 damage with my +5 Raw Halbred.

I've:
    Vit 38
    Att 12
    End 37
    Stre 39
    Dex 28
    Res 14
    Int 14
    Fai 9

I use the Raw Halbred and Greatshield of Artorias.

Any way I can readjust my stats or anyone have a recommendation on a weapon I should use?

Well the DLC is well worth it anyway. Really enjoying it. Only have the dragon left to beat which looks like it may take a while.

I'm beginning to think my levels are all over the place as I'm only doing about 200-250 damage with my +5 Raw Halbred.

I've:
    Vit 38
    Att 12
    End 37
    Stre 39
    Dex 28
    Res 14
    Int 14
    Fai 9

Any way I can readjust my stats or anyone have a recommendation on a weapon I should use?

You can't readjust stats in this game, but a raw weapon is being wasted with such high strength, your Dex is pretty high too. Have you any good strength weapons? Like Zweihander? Most greatswords will be better, check for something with A or B scaling, and don't Raw infuse it! Get it to normal +15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

defeated the crystal golem, and had a tough tussle with the humans and giant cats in darkroot garden, defeated the red dragon on the bridge as well tonight.

now sens fortress is making me rage. first time so far that I've quit in frustration. I'll come at it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sens is ok, just a few nasty beams to walk over , and you will be fine. if it is pissing you off , look up the next bonfire when you get out in the open again , so as not to have to do it all again.

also, you are very near the majestic Anor Londo now :)

• Advertisement

Sens is a nightmare the first time, but once you've beaten it, you can run through in about 5 minutes everytime after, even without the shortcut. Make sure you don't miss the covetous gold ring

Sens is a nightmare the first time, but once you've beaten it, you can run through in about 5 minutes everytime after, even without the shortcut. Make sure you don't miss the covetous gold ring

Ah I know exactly what was wrong, It was late when I started playing after a long day, and you know yourself, a few deaths and you start to go on tilt, rushing to make up progress. this game does not encourage rushing! Also, I took on the titanite demons a few times to collect their loot.

those rolling boulders caught me out a few times as well,
    id turned the device so they were out of my path, but it must have reset after a certain amount of time and got me, that and the elevator that lifts you up into the spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thats 2 things crossed off the "thinks that will kill you in sens" list, I'm expecting you to get stung by something else in that area :p

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I've:
    Vit 38
    Att 12
    End 37
    Stre 39
    Dex 28
    Res 14
    Int 14
    Fai 9

Did you beat Manus? Fair fvcks to you...hardest boss for me in that game...I'm pretty sure I never manged to solo him...always had to get help.

Ya I did.

I was doing fine until he started using dark magic. So I went back and got the silver pendent which helps a lot.

Also I noticed while helping someone else that he was able to summon sif. So I went in search of his summon sign too and got him to help. That said I didn't think he was much help. He distracted him twice I think which was the best he did. None of his hits seemed to connect.

One thing I won't miss from the game are the invasion.. The lag is a complete pain. I was constantly being backstabbed when they weren't anywhere near backstabbing. Probably the only thing Dark Souls 2 improved upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    Thats 2 things crossed off the "thinks that will kill you in sens" list, I'm expecting you to get stung by something else in that area :p

Things that will kill you in Sen's, everything really. I can leg it through mostly not a bother but I nearly always screw up on the very thin platform near where the bonfire is. Getting the timing just right and getting through the scythes is always satisfying. It reminds me of a 3D version of an 8bit platform game.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Things that will kill you in Sen's, everything really. I can leg it through mostly not a bother but I nearly always screw up on the very thin platform near where the bonfire is. Getting the timing just right and getting through the scythes is always satisfying. It reminds me of a 3D version of an 8bit platform game.

I'm passed all that and have opened a shortcut.
    Finally!

Just landed in anor londo. It looks incredible. Too bad I have to take a break to check out this lance Armstrong documentary on ch4.

Just landed in anor londo. It looks incredible. Too bad I have to take a break to check out this lance Armstrong documentary on ch4.

Lance is pretty but Anor Londo is prettier.
    Anor Londo will make or break you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Silver Archers FTW :pac:

2smiggy wrote: »
    Silver Archers FTW :pac:

For me the single most rage inducing part of the game....... once I figured I was meant to go that way and to then to end up missing the drop and fall to my doom during my moment of triumph :(

• Advertisement

just wrapped up the painted world of ariamis. levelled up nicely in there, but these electric demon b%stards are wrecking my day, coupled with a fella sniping me with arrows from halfway across the map. I presume these are the silver archers ye're referring to?

just wrapped up the painted world of ariamis. levelled up nicely in there, but these electric demon b%stards are wrecking my day, coupled with a fella sniping me with arrows from halfway across the map. I presume these are the silver archers ye're referring to?

Are the arrows moving you about 6 foot when they hit you? If so yes, if not, you have never known anger as you're about to experience.

Are the arrows moving you about 6 foot when they hit you? If so yes, if not, you have never known anger as you're about to experience.

Ha couldn't have put that any better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

First post here Playing dark souls for awhile now class game Just killed the Hydra in the lake(after a long time trying) climbed the ladders crossed a small stone bridge and just got massacred by some sort of Weasel/Cat scared the **** out of me and destroyed the superior feeling i had of killing the hydra. You got to love the way this game kicks you in the nuts. Ah well back into the breach again

these archers........

danger zone lana.

these archers........

danger zone lana.

Its been 4 whole days? Story?

Its been 4 whole days? Story?

I've been enjoying the fine weather (praise the sun!) in real life :-)
    And getting in a bit of the double xp weekend on battlefield 4. Tomorrow night I'll try again, I've a strategy planned that should hopefully get me through it.

Finally past those miserable b@$tards!
    I ended up running from the bonfire past all the enemies until the tower before the archers.then I rushed the guy on the right with my drake sword double handed, the pushback effect knocked him off the ledge and I've made it to the next bonfire. Been fighting in and around here for the last hour and am levelling up nicely. Going to make a push onwards again tomorrow.

Finally past those miserable b@$tards!
    I ended up running from the bonfire past all the enemies until the tower before the archers.then I rushed the guy on the right with my drake sword double handed, the pushback effect knocked him off the ledge and I've made it to the next bonfire. Been fighting in and around here for the last hour and am levelling up nicely. Going to make a push onwards again tomorrow.

Ah ha ha the boyz is gonna school ya soon !!!!!!! oh and "great chest ahead" ;) "use two handed" etc etc.

Seriously though bring lightning to the party.

Edit: and that is exactly what I did get to get by those archers too, you'll be able to ditch the drake for a quelaag fury sword soon

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah ha ha the boyz is gonna school ya soon !!!!!!! oh and "great chest ahead" ;) "use two handed" etc etc.

Seriously though bring lightning to the party.

Edit: and that is exactly what I did get to get by those archers too, you'll be able to ditch the drake for a quelaag fury sword soon

haha, so I'm told. the player count seems to be a lot higher in this area as well, I was no sooner after turning human last night and I was invaded almost immediately. lots of summon symbols dotted around too compared to seeing only 1 or 2 up until now.

I love the way the maps are constructed in this, the way you open shortcuts from section to section is great design. as tough as it is, you constantly feel like you've accomplished something.

Ye may hate me, and ye may never believe me, but I just took down orstien and smough solo.

On my first go. :-)

My heart is pounding in my chest here!
    I will admit that I'd seen the best way to do it in a YouTube vid beforehand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ye may hate me, and ye may never believe me, but I just took down orstien and smough solo.

I will admit that I'd seen the best way to do it in a YouTube vid beforehand though.

Bull****.

With a Drake Sword? I call all the bullsh it! :pac: Ah no I'm joking :D Well done! That is a serious accomplishment :D Now you have to stop playing and leveling and just beat them like 1000 times as a phantom because they're so awesome <3

Who did you kill first?

Great chest ahead !!!!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bah, you're still in the tutorial wait until you fight them NG+ or higher :p

With a Drake Sword? I call all the bullsh it! :pac: Ah no I'm joking :D Well done! That is a serious accomplishment :D Now you have to stop playing and leveling and just beat them like 1000 times as a phantom because they're so awesome <3

Who did you kill first?

On my life, I did it legit.

I stopped using The drake sword ages and ages ago, I have a black knight halberd +5 and a gargoyles shield +5 that I used for them.

Took down ornstien first, I got lucky as his dash attacks missed me for the most part.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bah, you're still in the tutorial wait until you fight them NG+ or higher :p

Tbh I'm probably overpowered, I'm level 75, stats are: vitality 75 endurance 31 strength 40 and maybe one or two points gone into the rest from the starting level. I just took down sif there and it wasn't overly taxing.

Tbh I'm probably overpowered, I'm level 75, stats are: vitality 75 endurance 31 strength 40 and maybe one or two points gone into the rest from the starting level. I just took down sif there and it wasn't overly taxing.

What were you doing that got you those levels so early? I only had about 25 vitality, 30 endurance, and 40 strength when I fought them two.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I made **** of the later bosses as I was overpowered by the time I reached them too. 40 strength is pretty much max damage from str scaled weapons. It's a shame if you fought Sif before doing the dlc, be sure to do the dlc first on your next play through. :)

What were you doing that got you those levels so early? I only had about 25 vitality, 30 endurance, and 40 strength when I fought them two.

Early? I've about 45 hours logged so far?

Early? I've about 45 hours logged so far?

I guess if you're taking your time it might be easier to level up. I had about 22-23 hours clocked when I reached them so assumed you'd be about the same.

I guess if you're taking your time it might be easier to level up. I had about 22-23 hours clocked when I reached them so assumed you'd be about the same.

I reckon I've made a mistake typing ny stats in my earlier post, vitality should be 35, not 75.

Yeah I'm taking my time, I'm also gathering lots of advice from this thread and the wiki online so I'm probably not missing out on a ton of stuff. That being said, just before I finished up for the night, I got mauled by a boar in anor londo, so you're never invincible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Then it wasn't really your first try then, was it?

That's sort of like looking up the answer to a maths problem, and "getting it right" on your first try. If the maths problem had a spear. Wait......:p

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Then it wasn't really your first try then, was it?

That's sort of like looking up the answer to a maths problem, and "getting it right" on your first try. If the maths problem had a spear. Wait......:p

True enough, and I'm the first to admit that I did check a vid beforehand, I still feel incredibly lucky to have done it first go around. , My gaming time is limited, and after my spending the best part of 3 hours getting past the silver archers earlier, I was anticipating O&S being the point where I threw my hat at the game as a whole. The web in general has these two hyped to the max so my fear of failure was high.

anyway, ye cant judge me - ye're just people on the internet! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

True enough, and I'm the first to admit that I did check a vid beforehand, I still feel incredibly lucky to have done it first go around. , My gaming time is limited, and after my spending the best part of 3 hours getting past the silver archers earlier, I was anticipating O&S being the point where I threw my hat at the game as a whole. The web in general has these two hyped to the max so my fear of failure was high.

anyway, ye cant judge me - ye're just people on the internet! :p:p

Not to take away from your victory but, for me going into that fight blind was one of my favourite moments. 'Oh **** oh **** oh **** oh ****...WAIT, there's two?!?!' Then because I was in awe of the boss fight I stood at the fog wall and got shanked from behind through the fog wall from the big knights I'd legged it passed. Hahaha, oh I love it. Masochism at its finest.

Not to take away from your victory but, for me going into that fight blind was one of my favourite moments. 'Oh **** oh **** oh **** oh ****...WAIT, there's two?!?!' Then because I was in awe of the boss fight I stood at the fog wall and got shanked from behind through the fog wall from the big knights I'd legged it passed. Hahaha, oh I love it. Masochism at its finest.

I get you completely dude, I think one of my future gaming regrets will be that I didnt play this when it was first released. The community is kind of quiet online now that pretty much eerything has been discovered. It must have been great back in the day. I'd heard about theses bosses in passing long before I ever got a copy of the game free on games with gold.

I'm seriously considering picking up a ps4 after christmas in time for Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

O&S took me an entire day to beat, I seriously considered throwing in the towel several times, and even when I did beat them the sly strategy I used left me feeling like a bit of a cheat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

O&S took me an entire day to beat, I seriously considered throwing in the towel several times, and even when I did beat them the sly strategy I used left me feeling like a bit of a cheat :D

To be fair, facing two of Lordran's strongest warriors against you at the same time is unfair as it is so any tactic against them should suit ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement