MSAP!!!!! - Page 9 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-04-2012, 23:24   #121
Checho

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfield bound View Post
I'm in for law on the 24th and a friend of mine thinks I should dress a bit more formally for that, today was fairly casual...there was a couple of others waiting to do interviews and they were casual too.psychology...hmm, not sure...you have to assume they, of all people, will analyse everything you do!
Hi Anfield bound...! I have an interview for psychology on the 24th, I was looking for info through the posts. I posted another thread somewhere else as well but I'm new in boards.ie and I'm a bit lost :-P
Thanks a lot for the info you shared, it's very useful, and of course good luck, I wish you got a place....!
I have some other questions if you don't mind:
Did they ask you about how you would support yourself financially? did they seem concerned about that?
who were the interviewers?
Was it long?...
Thanks a million, honestly!
Advertisement
11-04-2012, 23:27   #122
Checho

Hi HollyRichter! I saw your reply to my other post, thanks a lot and I wish you good luck! and thanks for asking those questions, it's of great help...
My interview is on the 24th as well, what time is yours? :-) I also have an interview for Philosophy on the 17th, so maybe that will help me for training hehe... I'll keep you posted.
12-04-2012, 10:52   #123
anfield bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checho View Post
Hi Anfield bound...! I have an interview for psychology on the 24th, I was looking for info through the posts. I posted another thread somewhere else as well but I'm new in boards.ie and I'm a bit lost :-P
Thanks a lot for the info you shared, it's very useful, and of course good luck, I wish you got a place....!
I have some other questions if you don't mind:
Did they ask you about how you would support yourself financially? did they seem concerned about that?
who were the interviewers?
Was it long?...
Thanks a million, honestly!
No, there was no mention of finances at all by them. I was Interviewed by a woman from the History dept. and a guy from Political Science, they were both very friendly and casual about it....I subsequently got a rejection letter though so its difficult to judge!full steam ahead for the 24th now.best of luck with your interview.
14-04-2012, 09:29   #124
Poly.anna

Rejection letters from Trinity.

Quote:
No, there was no mention of finances at all by them. I was Interviewed by a woman from the History dept. and a guy from Political Science, they were both very friendly and casual about it....I subsequently got a rejection letter though so its difficult to judge!full steam ahead for the 24th now.best of luck with your interview.
How soon after your interview did you get a rejection letter..?? That seems very soon ? Did you apply as a Single Honour or TSM?
14-04-2012, 16:03   #125
anfield bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly.anna View Post
How soon after your interview did you get a rejection letter..?? That seems very soon ? Did you apply as a Single Honour or TSM?
single honour. did the interview on tuesday and got the letter that thursday. they said they'd be making their decision that day but it was still a bit of a shock to receive the 'thanks but no thanks' 2 days later.
Advertisement
23-04-2012, 14:21   #126
murphybyrne

hey everyone i just received my letter from nuim today i got in yay! least now i can feel a little confident, its bittersweet cus if i dont get accepted to ucd through my msap score il have to take nuim and all my plans will need to be changed dramatically. i never realised how nerve wreaking and stressful waiting would be.
does anyone know how long it takes to receive a letter from ucd? my overall msap was 75% and by what ppl have been saying if 90% is the cut off then i obviously wont get a ucd spot. i just wish i could know so i can start sorting out everything.
23-04-2012, 14:58   #127
Maldesu

Quote:
single honour. did the interview on tuesday and got the letter that thursday. they said they'd be making their decision that day but it was still a bit of a shock to receive the 'thanks but no thanks' 2 days later.
A friends brother had the same thing from Trinity last year. Think it was of social studies he applied. He rang and asked for feedback on his interview as he did get rejected. He was told that the didn't think he would complete the course as he had not previously done any type of courses in it before. Asked if he did an access course in it would it help. They said yes as it would show he could complete something.

I'd suggest you ring up and ask for the feedback to see what they say. Can only help.
02-05-2012, 16:57   #128
Azures

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphybyrne View Post
hey everyone i just received my letter from nuim today i got in yay! least now i can feel a little confident, its bittersweet cus if i dont get accepted to ucd through my msap score il have to take nuim and all my plans will need to be changed dramatically. i never realised how nerve wreaking and stressful waiting would be.
does anyone know how long it takes to receive a letter from ucd? my overall msap was 75% and by what ppl have been saying if 90% is the cut off then i obviously wont get a ucd spot. i just wish i could know so i can start sorting out everything.
Hi murf, congrats on NUIM - I haven't heard from them. For UCD check out the 'news' section of the mature student portal on UCD it says which courses have made their decisions. You should have got e mail notification either way, but I didn't get anything- the email got lost - so if you're still wondering give em a ring... They're very nice
04-05-2012, 14:27   #129
ITS_A_BADGER
Closed Account

Can i just ask, is it the Overall Percentile the colleges use or just the overall combined score of the two tests like, I kinda have a feeling already that its the percentile they use use to determine your application, but just to confirm thanks
Advertisement
04-05-2012, 18:04   #130
Azures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS_A_BADGER View Post
Can i just ask, is it the Overall Percentile the colleges use or just the overall combined score of the two tests like, I kinda have a feeling already that its the percentile they use use to determine your application, but just to confirm thanks
Think they use the overall score, not percentile, as that was supplied to CAO. Score was also what was on the NUIG ansaphone message...
05-07-2012, 17:49   #131
sara1

Anyone else get offers today from cao? I got offered arts un nui so happy woo!!!
05-07-2012, 19:03   #132
sean1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1 View Post
Anyone else get offers today from cao? I got offered arts un nui so happy woo!!!
Hi Sara I got offered history and political science In trinity today my 1st choice. Still can't believe the thick builder from Limerick has got into TCD.

good luck with the future
05-07-2012, 20:21   #133
sara1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1976 View Post
Hi Sara I got offered history and political science In trinity today my 1st choice. Still can't believe the thick builder from Limerick has got into TCD.

good luck with the future
haha yes well done! All our efforts paid off, now onto the real hard work! Best of luck to you also
Thanks from:
05-07-2012, 23:40   #134
Azures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1 View Post
Hi Sara, also got NUIG - woo hoo! See you there in a few weeks!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion