Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

6'1", 248lbs (overweight), 4.93 40 yard dash, Didn't take part in the bench press. Small arms too but I forget the exact measurement. He was phenomenal in 2010, was okay for the first half of 2011, things went downhill towards the end of the year (resulted in him getting benched). I thought a good combine would salvage a first round pick or early 2nd, but showing up out of shape and running that slow is just pathetic. Let's just say his interviews won't save him, he's already blamed as many people as he can for his poor year.

In a way I'm happy because now the Ravens should draft an OL in the 1st round rather than Burflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

God, his second run was 5.10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

matthew8 wrote: »
    In a way I'm happy because now the Ravens should draft an OL in the 1st round rather than Burflict.

Give me Peter Konz, center, Wisconsin

God, his second run was 5.10.
    Burflict? Sounds terrible. But I don't know how fast that is. What would that translate to on a 100m track? 14 seconds?
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Give me Peter Konz, center, Wisconsin

I pay no attention to non-NFL football. What odds would you give on him being fully ready to start in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Dontari Poe, a 6'4", 346lbs defensive tackle ran a faster 40 than Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is instantly out of the first 3 rounds after his disgraceful weekend. Such a shame, was a huge fan of his when he looked like a sure fire 1st rounder after his 2010 season.

An 8'9" broad jump and just under 30" vert, wtf...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder if rich eisen will beat 6.18 in the 40 this year ?

Just watched a few of the workouts with Poe. That is a large man, doing some things a large man shouldn't be able to do.

How much will his stock be affected by this? Anyone know where was he predicted to be going before the weekend?

Walterfootball.com had him at 34 to the Colts.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Burflict? Sounds terrible. But I don't know how fast that is. What would that translate to on a 100m track? 14 seconds?

I couldn't tell you, not really sure what would be a good guess for 100m. To put it in perspective though, Peyton Manning ran a 4.89 at his combine!

I pay no attention to non-NFL football. What odds would you give on him being fully ready to start in 2013?

Konz was flawless all last year. He'd be a terrific pick. Only reason I don't have him going to the Ravens is Id be surprised if he's still available. If he is, it would be amazing value. He would be ready to start definitely but I'm not familiar with your situation at centre - are ye stuck for a starter immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

I hope Burfict goes undrafted. Doesn't deserve to take up a roster spot.

I couldn't tell you, not really sure what would be a good guess for 100m. To put it in perspective though, Peyton Manning ran a 4.89 at his combine!

Konz was flawless all last year. He'd be a terrific pick. Only reason I don't have him going to the Ravens is Id be surprised if he's still available. If he is, it would be amazing value. He would be ready to start definitely but I'm not familiar with your situation at centre - are ye stuck for a starter immediately?

Birk's fine for another year. And it's probably preferable not to start a rookie. Birk can still play to a high standard but not for much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liked this, RGIII comes across as pretty smart and a nice kid too. I really, really hope he makes it in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82742179/RGIII-shows-his-smarts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Just watched a few of the workouts with Poe. That is a large man, doing some things a large man shouldn't be able to do.

How much will his stock be affected by this? Anyone know where was he predicted to be going before the weekend?

i think the combine has to be take with a pinch of salt for every jpp theres 10 mike mamulas

nerd69 wrote: »
    i think the combine has to be take with a pinch of salt for every jpp theres 10 mike mamulas

Matt Williamson on Football Today was saying that performance could push him top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If ever there was a person in the world id to go mute it would have to be Jamie Dukes, a f*cking clueless idiot.

Bucky Brooks is on the other stream, he's knowledgable and doesn't shout everything like Dukes

Why are there official and unofficial times?

Surely the computer has the time and that's it. How could it change? :confused:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Why are there official and unofficial times?

Surely the computer has the time and that's it. How could it change? :confused:

They don't real the official times according to the computer till later on in the day. Everything else is stop watch AFAIK.

is there any players in this draft that you think look like mirror images of current nfl players

Currently Ron Brooks showing some blistering numbers, being in the secondary he was he was very much over shadowed but this guy could be a first round talent that drops into the 2nd/3rd down based on the reputation of his team mates. Going to be a steal for some team.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

Eisen vs Luck vs Cam vs RG3

rich_medium.gif

• Advertisement

RGIII wrote: »
    Eisen vs Luck vs Cam vs RG3

rich_medium.gif

lol go on ritch ya legend

steve mariucchi said interviewed rg3 and said it was one of the most impressive interviews hes ever done and that guy knows his qbs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone reckon there's even a slight chance that RGIII will go ahead of Luck, or is Luck being the number #1 pick all done and dusted now?

Also, give me your top 10 predictions for the first round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Colts are locked on Luck...if they did go with RG3 it would easily be seen as the shock of the draft, and would make for some frantic action for the teams picking after!

Definitely Luck, talk is that they want to wrap it up before the draft.

Also, Peter King says the Rams have received an offer for their #2 from "a team you'd never expect".

Jets anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Jets anyone?

Fingers crossed for Buffalo! please please please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Definitely Luck, talk is that they want to wrap it up before the draft.

Also, Peter King says the Rams have received an offer for their #2 from "a team you'd never expect".

Jets anyone?

Maybe, but with Sanchez being what he is they would hardly be the most unexpected of teams. Dallas?

Every summer i never read a gossip column related to the soccer because they are all bull**** rumours. Strange because i can't get enough of the bull**** rumours in the NFL @ draft time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

deise_boi wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Buffalo! please please please please please

Thoughts on Fitzmagic for the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The video for all the comparisons of Eisen's 40's is here. Worth a watch alone for his reaction to beating Tebow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Jets anyone?

Thought the Jets were in cap trouble, if they trade up for RGIII and cut Sanchez do they make much of a saving?

Advertisement