Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

TheChevron wrote: »
    I'm not missing anything. You have to top up by €20 euro to get all the stuff. How is that free?

So, 15 is less than 20.

I think the point he's trying to make is that you don't really have to top up by €20 when your freebies run out because apart from the remaining credit left, three also gives you an extra €10 credit at the end of the 30 days. In other words, why would you top up just for the sake of having the free stuff again when you will likely have loads of credit to burn on data, calls, texts etc, just top up when you need it.
    For example, when my freebies ran out, I purchased a €5 500mb 30day internet addon with remaining credit. This gives me my internet, and I also have 333 web texts that I can send using K2 meaning i'm essentially only paying for calls with my remaining credit. I topped up just the other day after 2 months of usage with still €2.50 credit left meaning that realisticly i'm paying €10 a month.

I don't understand folks who top up every month when their bonuses expire regardless of the fact they might have plenty of credit still remaining :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Grimm you say you have all this credit left but most people don't. Your 20 euro credit only gets you 68 mins of calls during the week for an entire month. I don't know about you but after a few phone calls that's is gone in a few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lads im onl this bill since last october.Its been costing me about €30 euro a month.How would i go about getting the deal down to €15 euro.As i mentioned before, Im already on this tariff and have been for over 12 months, but i think id prefer to save €15 a month than give it to meteor.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

vodkatime wrote: »
    Grimm you say you have all this credit left but most people don't. Your 20 euro credit only gets you 68 mins of calls during the week for an entire month. I don't know about you but after a few phone calls that's is gone in a few days..

Fair enough, i guess it depends on your usage, I wouldn't make any long phone calls myself, mostly quick "where are you?" type calls that would generally last under a minute, other then that i would mainly text. I used to be on this meteor plan (paying €25 a month at the time) and rarely used more than 20 of my minutes a month.

That said, i also use viber which uses wifi/3G to make free calls to other viber users, which anyone with an iPhone or Android phone can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

silly question-i have a 30 day rolling contract with 3 and i'm going to switch back to meteor for this....can i port my number before the 30 days are up? obviously i'll pay for the 30 days from the date i give notice but i'd like to move my number over asap as i'm so sick of the crap reception where i live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Lads im onl this bill since last october.Its been costing me about €30 euro a month.How would i go about getting the deal down to €15 euro.As i mentioned before, Im already on this tariff and have been for over 12 months, but i think id prefer to save €15 a month than give it to meteor.:D
    Are you on a 12 or 18 month contract. If it a 12, then you should now be out of contract. And free to go on any plan of your liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

From reading his post, he seems to be on a 30 day contract, but took it out lat October and never availed of the lower rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

October 2010 is what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

if its 30 day plan give them a ring, i was on 30 day contract 200 min and texts with 1gb net and free meteor calls and texts for 25 a month. I rang them to give notice because i was moving to 3. they offered me plan at 15 so sholdnt be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I think the point he's trying to make is that you don't really have to top up by €20 when your freebies run out because apart from the remaining credit left, three also gives you an extra €10 credit at the end of the 30 days. In other words, why would you top up just for the sake of having the free stuff again when you will likely have loads of credit to burn on data, calls, texts etc, just top up when you need it.
    For example, when my freebies ran out, I purchased a €5 500mb 30day internet addon with remaining credit. This gives me my internet, and I also have 333 web texts that I can send using K2 meaning i'm essentially only paying for calls with my remaining credit. I topped up just the other day after 2 months of usage with still €2.50 credit left meaning that realisticly i'm paying €10 a month.

I don't understand folks who top up every month when their bonuses expire regardless of the fact they might have plenty of credit still remaining :confused:
    Exactly. Sure my free tenners are queued

Its bollixy though that they dont send you an alert that your data bundle has expired. Just the one sayin you spent loads of you credit A DAY LATER

boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Rang them today asking them to switch me to this plan as My contract has been up for a few days.

They said it wasnt possible at the moment as I am an existing customer and the offer is for NEW customers only. Spent 45mins on Hold so I really didnt wanna ring back and try get someone who could slip me through. She did say that allot of people had asked about this and they are going to email head office and ring me back on monday.

Either way I'll cut my contract and switch ,would like to keep my number tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tunner

Are you sure you can port your old number across?

ronano wrote: »
    if its 30 day plan give them a ring, i was on 30 day contract 200 min and texts with 1gb net and free meteor calls and texts for 25 a month. I rang them to give notice because i was moving to 3. they offered me plan at 15 so sholdnt be a problem

Yeah im on the same deal.I will do that and see what they say to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Don't forget to order through fatcheese, €10.00 Cashback when you take out a new SIM Only contract on Bill Pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I've moved to England and I'm using the Irish 3 offer. It is much better value than the 3 deal here and I can ring family and friends for free if they are 3 and anyone for free at weekends. I use my phone to tether internet on my laptop and have free txts too, with €20 to spend then, and €10 added at the end of the month for topping up by 20. Its an offer that can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zzyxxx

papu wrote: »
    Rang them today asking them to switch me to this plan as My contract has been up for a few days.

They said it wasnt possible at the moment as I am an existing customer and the offer is for NEW customers only. Spent 45mins on Hold so I really didnt wanna ring back and try get someone who could slip me through. She did say that allot of people had asked about this and they are going to email head office and ring me back on monday.

Either way I'll cut my contract and switch ,would like to keep my number tho..

Phoned them 3 times myself, first time the girl said I was looking at an old version of the page that the prices had changed and to delete my cache and refresh :rolleyes:
    Second time the girl said to call back Monday when I could speak with sales, that cust service didn't have the ability to do it for me.
    Third time the girl put me on hold for about 1 min, then told me it was done and would take effect after next bill.
    Each time on hold for approx 25 mins.

Depends on who you get, so keep ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

quick questions on this - am transferring my missus across from a rip-off vodafone deal

if you order the sim online when does you phone 'port' across?

do i have to contact vodafone to cancel her existing finished contract? or do meteor do that upon 'porting'

how long roughly will it take to get the sim/when do i start paying register with metoer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

quick questions on this - am transferring my missus across from a rip-off vodafone deal

if you order the sim online when does you phone 'port' across?

do i have to contact vodafone to cancel her existing finished contract? or do meteor do that upon 'porting'

how long roughly will it take to get the sim/when do i start paying register with metoer?

When the SIM arrives call Meteor, they'll do the rest. If she is out of contract there shouldn't be a problem, but check this first or you'll be hit with a cancellation fee, which is remaining months x monthly base rate.

I was on the 30 day rolling contract of 200 Mins, 200 Texts, 1 gig of data and Free Meteor to Meteor Calls and Text.Rang them up today and asked to be put through to the sales department.

I explained i was thinking of leaving and he offered me the deal of €20 a month, with 200 mins and Texts, 1 gig of data and free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

So pretty Happy with that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

So if I order the Sim and choose to port my number over, this won't happen till I get in touch with Meteor after my Sim has arrived?

Do you have to give bank details etc when you order the sim? When does this kick in or when does the "contract" as such start.

I want to do this but probably not activate it for another few weeks.

Will I be able to use this Sim in an Iphone, if I buy one on PAYG from Meteor?

Just seems they have their own plans for Iphone customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 maulikdesai1

I've moved to England and I'm using the Irish 3 offer. It is much better value than the 3 deal here and I can ring family and friends for free if they are 3 and anyone for free at weekends. I use my phone to tether internet on my laptop and have free txts too, with €20 to spend then, and €10 added at the end of the month for topping up by 20. Its an offer that can't be beat.
    How does that work? do u not get roaming charges for internet and calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

PopTarts wrote: »
    So if I order the Sim and choose to port my number over, this won't happen till I get in touch with Meteor after my Sim has arrived?

Do you have to give bank details etc when you order the sim? When does this kick in or when does the "contract" as such start.
    ?

I tried going through with this deal online and unfortunately you HAVE to enter your bank details as they will only accept direct debit which IMO is bullsh!t especially with the deal only being €15 a month - they of course don't state this anywhere on the site

i would call their customer service but with an average wait time of over an hour on average according to the mobile forum on boards it is just ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dragonslayer1

I regret ever going to eMobile, 100 euro a month including VAT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I regret ever going to eMobile, 100 euro a month including VAT :(

WTF . . Did you not do the unlimited calls and texts for €50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dragonslayer1

Drumpot wrote: »
    WTF . . Did you not do the unlimited calls and texts for €50?

Its 79 and its unlimited everything and 15gb internet. But with VAT its 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

fried to be you dragonslayer....

my prev 12 month contract just ended,rang yday and had deal within 10 mins...wen i said 15 quid she put me on hold for bout 3-4 mins and said it was done...so i was paying 35-15= 20 x12 = 240 saving p.a! Cheers!! doesnt come into effect till after this billing month tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its 79 and its unlimited everything and 15gb internet. But with VAT its 100!

Are you sure its 79 + Vat. Unless they have changed something since you signed up, the package is 79 incl VAT.

350m8h0.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

How does that work? do u not get roaming charges for internet and calls?
    When your with three you get "like home" charges if you are in a country that also has 3 and connect to 3. So I can use all the data, calls and texts I like over here and not get charged. The 3 deal here is £15 for 200 mins and 200 txts with unlimited data and your credit is gone then. With three you get €32 credit for €20 and get free txts, free 3-3 calls, all you can eat data and free weekend calls.
    I've wrote about this on about 10 threads so it probably looks like I work or own 3. The value in that deal is unbelievable compared to the "bigger" networks offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Same here as Vibe,kept getting mental bills from O2,Went to Meteor and havent looked back,cant fault them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jasper1422

rang meteor there after a hour of waiting! and they said that 1gb data is not included in that 15 euro deal.

Is anyone on this deal yet?

Advertisement