Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

• 10-03-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

OnePlus One is now available directly to Ireland and is only €299. Down from the Sterling conversion of about €369 from the UK store.

Available without an invite today and every Tuesday.

https://oneplus.net/ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Both models out of stock already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Absolute bargain. Only downside is that it's going to be recommended constantly whenever anyone asks for phone advice on boards! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yes, good deal alright, I ordered one from Germany last week using mailboxde.com, still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm assuming these are shipped from Europe yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I'm assuming these are shipped from Europe yes?

From the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

No stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Both models appear to be in stock at the moment.

Didn't see it mentioned but 16GB model (white) is 269 EUR, the 64GB model (black) is 299 EUR.

Edit: tried it again and both showing in stock. Am able to get all the way through to checkout. It says on the page "Every Tuesday. 24 hours. No invite needed".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

2 shipping options, nice to see.

€18.99 or €19.99

WTF?? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Has anyone tried their Silver Bullet Earphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What about shipping to parcel motel?

What about shipping to parcel motel?

Think you might have to use the UK site then, meaning higher price for the unit, but you'd still have to pay shipping to 1+ so it would be way dearer.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Also, I though that goggle charging £10 to ship the Nexus' was a bit steep, but turns out it's cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

ordered!

Ordered too, thanks OP.

Bit the bullet and went for the posh 19.99 delivery :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OnePlus are going to corner the market at that price tbh when it sinks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Has anyone tried their Silver Bullet Earphones?

I have them. There grand...Not sure what else you can say about them. They play music. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have them. There grand...Not sure what else you can say about them. They play music. :p

Sadly, not all earphones are created equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Ordered... Damn it... I didn't need a new phone.. Oh well, Another Nexus 5 will be hitting Adverts :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Tempting but I just realised how large the screen is. I've a nexus 4 and I consider that verging on a bit too large for ease of use. A comparison tool below for anyone wanting to compare screen sizes.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size#/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size/Apple-iPhone-6,OnePlus-One/phones/8346,8603

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

machalla wrote: »
    Tempting but I just realised how large the screen is. I've a nexus 4 and I consider that verging on a bit too large for ease of use. A comparison tool below for anyone wanting to compare screen sizes.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size#/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531/size/Apple-iPhone-6,OnePlus-One/phones/8346,8603

I went from a Nexus 4 to the Oneplus, at first I was worried about the size but you get used to it in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

machalla wrote: »

xtal191 wrote: »
    I went from a Nexus 4 to the Oneplus, at first I was worried about the size but you get used to it in no time.

This +1. Went from N4 to OnePlus. No bother with size and you don't notice it after a few days. Great upgrade. With the pricing, make sure you pay the small bit extra for the 64gb over the 16gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

xtal191 wrote: »

Same here, In fact using my work phone (HTC One M7)

It feels like a child phone now,

Go away childs phone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Great price for 300 euros. But for me too late as I recently bought an S5 in January :( couldv'e waited a bit longer for this 64gb O+O

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

thanks OP.. ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The Oppo Find 7a - a very similar handset - is on sale for €349 at present, including delivery, bluetooth headphones, a 32gb Micro SD card, a screen protector, case and charger. The battery isn't as good but it is removable, as is the storage.

Link: https://europe.oppostyle.com/find-7a-reloaded

Comparison with OnePlus One: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6215&idPhone2=6327

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I have z3 compact which I really like but it overheated and the rare glass cracked. I need to send it away to my insurance company when I get back to Ireland and I'll be without a phone for about 10 business days while it's repaired. I'm considering just getting this and selling the Z3 Compact when it comes back from being repaired.

Anyone think I'm mad? Z3 gets slightly higher reviews and has a ridiculously good battery but I'm really annoyed with the screen cracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Cant signup to the site, guess the site is swamped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I've heard you can't get 4G on it in Ireland due to it not supporting band 20.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-europe-4g-lte-incompatibility.962/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

I couldn't get an invite when I was looking at purchasing a new phone back in December and, after research, I had decided on a OnePlusOne. Eventually I ordered it from Onepulsone.eu and it came in at about €350 at the time inc delivery.

I will say however that it's not a decision I've regretted - excellent phone with phenomenal battery life (i.e. rarely less then 50% when it gets charged at night and I've never had it run out).

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    I've heard you can't get 4G on it in Ireland due to it not supporting band 20.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/uk-europe-4g-lte-incompatibility.962/

Only true for Vodafone and o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

Thanks op.

I'm seriously considering replacing my iPhone 4s with this. I find the 4s to be a grand size to fit in the pocket and hold/use with one hand. Am I mad to go up in size to this ?

Any ideas as to how long delivery takes ?
    I saw somewhere that it was up to a month before.

Cheers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have z3 compact which I really like but it overheated and the rare glass cracked. I need to send it away to my insurance company when I get back to Ireland and I'll be without a phone for about 10 business days while it's repaired. I'm considering just getting this and selling the Z3 Compact when it comes back from being repaired.

Anyone think I'm mad? Z3 gets slightly higher reviews and has a ridiculously good battery but I'm really annoyed with the screen cracking.
    It got so hot the screen cracked? What happened?

both phones get great reviews tbh, I do like the look of the Sony ones but would never spend that much on a phone, if I could get a price of a Oneplus plus a nice chunk of profit from selling the Z3 thats what I would do personally.

Thargor wrote: »
    It got so hot the screen cracked? What happened?

both phones get great reviews tbh, I do like the look of the Sony ones but would never spend that much on a phone, if I could get a price of a Oneplus plus a nice chunk of profit from selling the Z3 thats what I would do personally.

Just plugged it in to charge, came back two hours later, gave it a rub before putting into the case I use and noticed a crach in the top right of the rear glass. googled it and its pretty common, most common cause seems to be leaving the torch on which is possibly what I did but I don't remember turning it off at the time...

According to the features page, 4G works on 3 and EE in this country!
    Didn't know we had EE in Ireland :D

https://oneplus.net/ie/one#features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

If only i had bigger hands and bigger pockets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

@bmm I'm wondering myself if pocket size will be an issue with this one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Ordered mine, damn you Bargain Alerts. It will be a nice upgrade from the Landvo L200G. A cracked screen is my excuse.

Anyone know when we can expect shipping?
    I saw 4 business days on the order email earlier, but will it take that long?
    I'm too impatient for my own good haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rainbowmoose

Anyone know if VAT can be claimed back for a business purchase?

Anyone know if VAT can be claimed back for a business purchase?

Can't see why not. You get an invoice and as far as I remember it had a Vat number on it. Now that there selling in Ireland I'm sure they will have an Irish Vat number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

not that I know of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Does Irish consumer law apply to purchases from them now? i.e could I take them to Small Claims court if they were being difficult about a repair etc.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Does Irish consumer law apply to purchases from them now? i.e could I take them to Small Claims court if they were being difficult about a repair etc.

Most people who've had a problem have had very few complaints.
    And most who complained, complained about the hassle of sending the OnePlus back to the UK to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Most people who've had a problem have had very few complaints.
    And most who complained, complained about the hassle of sending the OnePlus back to the UK to be sent back to Hong Kong for repair.

Ok, but does Irish law now apply to them, as they are selling in Ireland?

Ok, but does Irish law now apply to them, as they are selling in Ireland?

I assume it would. But why are you asking this now before you've even bought the phone ? Don't be expecting the worse :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I assume it would. But why are you asking this now before you've even bought the phone ? Don't be expecting the worse :)

I'm a worrier :D

When its this amount of cash, I'm always wary.

The non-expandable storage is the only thing putting me off. I love my 64GB MicroSD card!

I'm a worrier :D

When its this amount of cash, I'm always wary.

The non-expandable storage is the only thing putting me off. I love my 64GB MicroSD card!

I have the phone about 6 months now and it's never missed a beat. I've had an iphone 4s, an HTC M7 and a Samsung Note 3 before the One Plus and for the money this costs it easily beats all the above.
    You hardly need 128gb of space on a phone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you can wait a couple of months more, don't buy this phone. The oneplus 2 will be announced at the start of april. Then you just need to get an invite to buy it. getting an invite will take about 4-5 months i think unless you are extremely lucky
    I'm holding out for this too, hoping it is around the same price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just picked up one, presume next week or thereabouts for deliveries? Cheers OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Was actually going to upgrade this week since my contract is out. You'd hardly think meteor would order this in it I paid them part? Otherwise HTC one M8 will have to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement