Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

goals for 2014

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Only 1 goal this year, and only 1 shot at it.

- run 220 km in the 24 hrs to achieve the IAAF B standard and qualify for the Championships

- run 220 km in the 24 hrs to achieve the IAAF B standard and qualify for the Championships

It's been a good year! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Reviewing my 2014 goals posted on 9th January 2014

---
    echancrure wrote: »
    My Goals:

Staying injury free ; almost, had ITBS in June/July after Portumna. And Sinusitis for the past 6 months (does this count?)
    Enjoying my training ; yes, can't remember it ever being a shore
    Running my first Marathon ; yes Connemara Marathon in April
    Running a Marathon under 3 hours 20 ; yes 3:14 in Connemara !
    Running a half-marathon under 1 hour 30 (currently 1:38); yes 1:27 in Carlow
    Running a 10k under 40 minutes (currently 42'25''); yes 38:10 in SLOT Carlow
    Running a 5k under 19 minutes (currently 19'17''); yes 17:59 in IT Carlow fun run
    Running for pleasure everyday, early in the morning, for two weeks in Spain in the summer holidays; well that got shafted by the ITBS, but did it in France for a week
    Meeting other runners and sharing experience more: need to make more effort on that front!
    ---
    Overall a great year, overshadowed by a big DNF in DCM, but raised by 3:14 time in Connemara and my first 50k in Portumna

Brewing over 2015 goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

rom wrote: »
    get sick less. everything else will happen if this does.

Failed at this one. Under recovered post marathon. Went back too hard too soon. Took from Sept till now to get over it. PB over 5 distances. How bad. Goal for 2015 is to recover recover recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »
    Run 1,000+ miles in 2014 (727 miles in 2013)

Sub 1:42 HM (PB 1:44:37 - Aug 2013)

Sub 47m 10k (PB 49:25 - Apr 2013)
    donnacha wrote: »
    At 500 miles already :D

Ran 1:37:41 @ Wexford Half Marathon

Ran 44:24 in 10k race pace run in March as part of my HM training - not official race distance.

So my revised goals for 2014 are:

1. Run 1,500+ miles
    2. 1:35 HM
    3. 43min 10k

1. Crossed the 1,500 mark today whilst out for a breezy easy 6 miles.
    2. Managed a 1:33:43 at Clontarf in Nov. Was delighted and still coming to terms with the progress at this distance in 2014 :)
    3. Missed this one I think more due to a lack of planning - though Clontarf had a 10km mat which I hit in 43:45

Did my final race of 2014 yesterday at the Marlay ParkRun - went out way to fast (1km PB of 3:50) and paid the price at 3km when I had to stop and walk :eek: Had forgotten how much pain a 5km is - crossed the line in 20:35 which I'll take as its a 20sec PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

5k sub 20 (pb 20:52)
    10k sub 45 (pb 45:56)
    HM - 1:40:xx (pb 1:44:26)
    M - sub 4 (pb 4:37)

Run >1000 mile this year (964 miles in 2013:mad:)
    Don't get injured (again) by doing strength training and sticking to it this time

5k - didn't actually run a 5k - time wasn't right anytine one came up
    10k - 44.26 - K club
    HM - 1:40:52 - Waterford HM,
    M - 4:10 - Barcelona
    >1000 miles - 1116

Bit of a disaster with marathons, 4:10 in Barcelona and 4:22 in Dublin:mad: Know where I went wrong and it was the last goal - strength training to remain injury free did not happen and only myself to blame..
    On the run up to Barcelona had a good routine going and stayed relatively injury free (a few niggles) and did pretty ok on the day. After that left the S&C slide and found it very hard to get back into it, result: 34 days missed due to injury and a clusterf**k of a Dublin marathon, hopefully lesson learned for 2015.

Advertisement