Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

8*500ml cans of Guinness for ten euro in supervalue Celbridge yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

seamusk84 wrote: »
    8*500ml cans of Guinness for ten euro in supervalue Celbridge yesterday.

€8 for the same thing in a lot of Aldi's lately. Guinness not my preferred stout, but hard to argue with €1 per can so got some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Carry Out Tyrrelstown have pre filled 1 litre plastic growlers of Rascals Wit Woo for €4. And Franciscan Well Friar Weisse or Rebel Red, 4 for €9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Carry Out Tyrrelstown have pre filled 1 litre plastic growlers of Rascals Wit Woo for €4. And Franciscan Well Friar Weisse or Rebel Red, 4 for €9.

Just polished off my bottle of 200 fathoms. It's really really good, gives the Franciscan Well Jameson Stout a run for its money. It was €8.49 in Bradleys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So you can now get whiskey aged in stout barrels, and stout aged in whiskey barrels!

http://www.bradleysofflicence.ie/jameson-caskmates-aged-in-stout-seasoned-oak-barrels/

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

So you can now get whiskey aged in stout barrels, and stout aged in whiskey barrels!

http://www.bradleysofflicence.ie/jameson-caskmates-aged-in-stout-seasoned-oak-barrels/

I got a bottle of it a few months ago, It's quite good.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got a bottle of the Franciscan Well stout recently. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to comparing it to 200 Fathoms and Leann Folláin Barrel Aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Caskmates is lovely. Apparently still a few bottles of it and FW's stout left in Dublin Airport so have a mate picking one up for me on the way back.

Where can I pick up some of the Leann Folláin Barrel Aged? I'm doing a pairing of 200 Fathoms and Teeling's Single Malt for a whiskey club at work, would love to have another irish barrel-aged beer on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Where can I pick up some of the Leann Folláin Barrel Aged?

I don't know if they regularly stock it, but I got one last Christmas in the local Molloys - was well worth it :)

I actually wanted to buy the last two on the shelf, but one was leaking from the swingtop... sigh

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I don't know if they regularly stock it, but I got one last Christmas in the local Molloys - was well worth it :)

I actually wanted to buy the last two on the shelf, but one was leaking from the swingtop... sigh

Oh just found some on Drinkstore. Worth a shot then? I do love me the standard Leann Folláin

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Oh just found some on Drinkstore. Worth a shot then? I do love me the standard Leann Folláin

Definitely worth a shot, it's superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Posted this in bargain alerts, may be of benefit to some people here....

Just spotted this in my local Tesco this evening

Deal on spirits (cant find a pic to link to..), buy 3 bottles of a 700ml and get 25% off. Brands I saw on it were
    • Jameson
    • Absolut
    • Hennessy
    • Paddy
    • Cork Dry Gin
    • Bacardi
    • Jack Daniels

Can do a mix and match.

Got 3 Jameson, theyre €27 each at the moment, so with the 25% off came to €60.75, which works out at €20.25 per bottle, which is pretty excellent. Ends on Saturday though, so only on for 3 days.

Zaph wrote: »
    Definitely worth a shot, it's superb.

Must pick up a bottle of that if its as good as you say! Where did you get the Franciscan Well stout, the one aged in whiskey casks? Want to get the 200 Fathoms and have been able to find it and the O Haras barrel aged, just cant find the Franciscan well anywhere. Thanks

Flex wrote: »
    Must pick up a bottle of that if its as good as you say! Where did you get the Franciscan Well stout, the one aged in whiskey casks? Want to get the 200 Fathoms and have been able to find it and the O Haras barrel aged, just cant find the Franciscan well anywhere. Thanks

It was bought in the Midleton distillery for me. It might be possible to get it in the Bow Street distillery if they have a gift shop, but other than that I don't know where else it might be available in Dublin. I had a look on a few sites, Martins and McHughs are out of stock and it's not listed on Baggot Street Wines or Drinkstore's websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Adnams ghostship, Explorer and lighthouse in aldi, 2.19.

Ghostship was 1.99 the last time it was in though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Howling Gale, Barefoot Bohemian & Sunburnt Red all 6 for 10 in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Portuguese wines in Lidl. Both really excellent for a low price tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Howling Gale, Barefoot Bohemian & Sunburnt Red all 6 for 10 in Dunnes

That's a superb deal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dunnes trying to bribe people back into their stores with cheap beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Dunnes trying to bribe people back into their stores with cheap beer!

Their much heralded 4 for 9 across most beers is now 4 for 10 across a smaller selection, I'm far from impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

For Northern Irish or GB based people - in Sainsbury Armagh yesterday and they had Dead Pony Club for 85p! Wasn't marked down price with a special sticker but having looked at their website it's £1.75 there.

Anyways they only had 1 bottle left, so near to victory yet so far!

By the way, Sainsbury Armagh has the worst beer selection I've ever encountered in a UK* supermarket.

*using UK to signify place of ownership of company not in any geo-political way.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Franziskaner back at 4 for €5 in Lidl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

By the way, Sainsbury Armagh has the worst beer selection I've ever encountered in a UK* supermarket.
    It really does. One of the best beer and cider off licences in Northern Ireland is right opposite it but I'm only ever beer shopping in Armagh on a Sunday, when it's closed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

One of the best beer and cider off licences in Northern Ireland is right opposite it
    Whats the name of this emporium... ? ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

San Juan wine in Dunnes = 7 bottles €40.25 if you have the €10 discount voucher.

laros wrote: »
    Whats the name of this emporium... ? ... :)
    The Wine Store. It's part of Emerson's supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Wine Store. It's part of Emerson's supermarket.

Ah if only i'd known. Will remember for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

Picked up some 8 degrees Howling Gale ale in my local tesco today (Tullamore) for €1.20 a bottle.... :D

I noticed Tesco on Fleet Street in Dublin has Leann Folláin for €2.59 a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

laros wrote: »
    Picked up some 8 degrees Howling Gale ale in my local tesco today (Tullamore) for €1.20 a bottle.... :D

Don't still have it in, do they?

Advertisement