Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yes that's right, everyone transfer Sanchez out....three very tough fixtures coming up, you know it makes sense.

Everybody is saying Sanchez -> Ozil....who do you think he plays for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Yup, that's why I've been thinking of getting rid of Bertrand..and assists don't seem likely with Pelle doing sweet **** all. Haven't even given any Chelsea players a thought given their ****e run of form. How about Everton? They've also got nice fixtures as well as Spurs.

My current back line is:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bertrand/Bellerin/Moreno/Soaure/Simpson

Bertrand certainly looks like the weakest link there. Keep an eye on Bellerin too. If Coquelin is out, Arsenals clean sheets may be tougher to find. I haven't considered Everton defenders since last season. A bit too leaky for my liking. Though with their fixtures they might be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Current team is

Schmeichel (Myhill)
    Williams Kolorov Dann (Subs Cédric/Francis)
    Barkley Sanchez Ozil KDB Mahrez
    Vardy Lukaku (Wilson)

Tempted to take hit to bring in Augero. Is it worth it, with his favourable home fixture.

Or do i just to Wilson to Kane and offload KDB.

I need to offload some of my defenders too. Kolorov and Williams and tempted to take out under performing KDB for Cayabe.

Head fried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You still have Wilson? Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Took a big gamble on Sat Night, time will tell if if was a stupid one or not.

de Gea McCarthy
    Bertrand Dawson Francis Coleman Bellerín
    Drinkwater Özil Mahrez Barkley Coutinho
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Made the following transfers for -8:

Vardy --> Agüero
    Sanchez --> Coutinho
    KDB --> Barkley

Current ITB: 2.5m

I've had Sanchez and KDB from the start and had a lot of value built up in them. They were getting to the point where I wouldn't be able to drop them due to injury etc. from a financial point of view.

When I saw an opportunity where both were falling in value and under performing I took it.(I know how good Arsenals upcoming are, hopefully Özil will be enough of an insurance policy)

Hopefully Barkley and Coutinho will continue to rise in price and close the gap for me financially.

If things go well it will set me up to afford a team of serious heavy hitters.
    If things go badly, this will probably be a pivotal point where I threw the season away.

Fingers and toes crossed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Coutinho/Sanchez or KdB/Ozil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Done KDB/Pelle to Barkley/Aguero tempted by Smalling/Ayoze to Simpson/Lukaku for -8 but might wait another week.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Coutinho/Sanchez or KdB/Ozil?

Coutinho/Sanchez for me but I'd wait to see the extent of Coutinho's injury first.

SlickRic wrote: »
    You still have Wilson? Ouch.

Yep, thankfully my strong midfield has eased the pain of my 14man squad

iroced wrote: »
    About your moves, the only one I'm not comfortable with is Vardy -> Kane. But I totally get why you made the move. I presume you're onto Aguero Kane Lukaku upfront? So Vardy can be eased back in, if needed, quite easily.

As for me, hopefully Agüero doesn't rise before Wednesday such that the missed price change deadline was at least not a complete waste.
    I'm not sure who said it but Vardy's returns can't be sustainable in the medium to long term. He might very well break RvNs record against Man Utd the next day but after that I can't see him keeping it going.

Given there are so many in-form striking options allied with Agueros high price, he might be that bit slower rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Here's my full team.
    Myhill Hennessey
    Smalling Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand Souaré
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Payet Wanyama
    Kane Vardy Pellè

What do you guys think? Isn't it one of the "best" way to kill 2 birds with 1 single stone? Getting Agüero back before it makes things more complicated cash-wise and sorting out my over-expensive premium defense ? In addition, I keep both Sanchez & KDB who I still believe have an explosive FPL potential and it gives me back a bit of flexibility.

Now, of course, the huge con is CL football is to come. But with Pellè dropping tonight and Agüero's rising before his game in Torino (and maybe even Payet dropping in the meantime) I'd lose the flexibility this triple move would give me back.

Alot of similarities between your team and mine. On Sat I made the following changes for a -4.

Pelle----> Aguero
    Smalling ---> Rojo
    Kompany ----> Simpson

Gomez

Bellerin -- Rojo-- Souare

KDB -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Cabaye

Kane -- Aguero -- Lukaku

Happy enough for now. KDB will be get the road once Silva is fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

In GW8 Player A scored 16 points at home to a 'Top 4' team, since then he has one goal and no assists.

In GW8 Player B scored 14 points away to a 'Top 4' team, since then he has one goal and no assists.

Player A is Alexis Sanchez and Player B is BUIB!! I can't understand the 'love' for keeping Sanchez.

In the last 5 GWs Sanchez has been outscored by Ozil by 24 points.

Sanchez to Ozil is a logical move and not just to free up Aguero cash.

Benimar wrote: »
    In GW8 Player A scored 16 points at home to a 'Top 4' team, since then he has one goal and no assists.

In GW8 Player B scored 14 points away to a 'Top 4' team, since then he has one goal and no assists.

Player A is Alexis Sanchez and Player B is BUIB!! I can't understand the 'love' for keeping Sanchez.

Very true. I think the big difference in this case though is fear.

I have let Sanchez go (have Ozil) and I feel fear. He is an explosive player and this is what sets him apart from the likes of BUIB et al.

Ozil is a solid choice and will continue to chip in with assists and perhaps an occasional goal. Sanchez on any given week is capable of a hat trick though.

I have my fingers crossed that he doesn't explode anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sanchez has a great goalscoring record throughout his career including at arsenal. Ozil has a great assist record. The fact that goals 5 pts assists 3 pts always brings me to Sanchez. Whats happened in the last 5 favours Ozil but I'd prefer to look at what should happen in the future based on their careers. Ideally I'd have both and hope to from.next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'm going to go with Ozil + Sanchez over the next 3 GWs. They have lovely fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Made 2 free transfers while hammered on Saturday night, Sanchez and Pelle out for Kun and Barkley. Not hugely regretting it, but it was silly none the less. Barkley has great fixtures, but it was a little early for Kun perhaps. Still have Ozil as Arsenal cover, but having 20 odd million outlayed on Ozil and Sanchez when they aren't firing on all cylinders seemed like a bit of a waste.

Anyone thinking about Vardy out? Coming into a very long run of tough games, surely the Leicester bubble will burst soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

"Regression to the mean"

BUIB had a hot run up to GW8, but his poor returns since are closer to his 'mean' over the last two seasons. Also he had his blank run over his 'gift' run of fixtures.

As Busts said, Sanchez record shows that his recent returns are well below his 'mean' despite promising performances. Could have had a goal and an assist on Sat. About to enter a great 3 fixture run.

Regression to the mean is my favourite Fantasy Footie principle this season. :)

Same reason Vardy simply cannot keep scoring every game. Same reason Aguero had to explode like he did v Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Same reason Vardy simply cannot keep scoring every game. Same reason Aguero had to explode like he did v Newcastle.

Vardy's stats back up his goals though and he's tracking his shot accuracy from last season. Even if he blanks, I expect more double digits in other matches

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"Regression to the mean"

BUIB had a hot run up to GW8, but his poor returns since are closer to his 'mean' over the last two seasons. Also he had his blank run over his 'gift' run of fixtures.

As Busts said, Sanchez record shows that his recent returns are well below his 'mean' despite promising performances. Could have had a goal and an assist on Sat. About to enter a great 3 fixture run.

Yaya Toure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Did Benteke and Sanchez to Aguero and Firmino.

Firmino is a bit of a gamble but looks in great form and has a serious differential upside!

• Advertisement

Vardy's stats back up his goals though and he's tracking his shot accuracy from last season. Even if he blanks, I expect more double digits in other matches

Yeah but his conversion rate must be up surely? Regression to the mean is about more than underlying stats as i understand/apply it. Its about whether the level of (good or bad) performance is likely to continue in comparison to the players 'normal' output, assuming no major variables have changed. Vardy has been very good for the past year or so, and has thrived under Ranieri so its not that uncharacteristic a level if performance granted, but the goal per game output is Suarez/Ronaldo/Messi rates and he's just not going to get 35 or 40 league goals. Surely!?!
    Yaya Toure....

There are freak exceptions to every rule. However you could say Yaya in 2014 and 2015 has been strong proof of inevitable regression to the mean! ;)

"Regression to the mean"

I agree he will 'explode' at some stage, but is it worth tying up 11m+ for the odd explosion? Dating back to last season his last 26 scores were:

Thats 5 scores of 10 or above in 26 weeks.
    Thats 18 weeks with NO attacking return.
    Average weekly score 5.19 points over 2/3rds of a season.

IMO, unless you are lucky enough to have him for the 'explosion' he's too expensive for the returns he generates.

I agree he will 'explode' at some stage, but is it worth tying up 11m+ for the odd explosion? Dating back to last season his last 26 scores were:

IMO, unless you are lucky enough to have him for the 'explosion' he's too expensive for the returns he generates.

All fair enough. But fancy named theories aside, he plays Norwich, Sunderland and Villa next three and according to your scores and the theory of regression to mean hes 'due' one of them explosions! :p

I won't be selling just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm not selling Sanchez and I was championing the fact that he's not great value a while back. I still think that but the next 3 fixtures are just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Done KDB and Bertrand -> Barkley and Woolscheid for a -4.
    Current forward line is Lukaku, Vardy, Ighalo.

Is it worth a -8 to get Aguero in for Ighalo or should I wait til next week? I know Aguero could score well against Southampton but Ighalo could easily pick up points against Villa.

In fact, Ighalo has Villa, Norwich and Sunderland coming up whereas Vardy has United, Swansea, Chelsea...oh decisions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The worst time to sell him surely is after 4 consecutive blanks and with the 3 fixtures he has coming up. There was lots of talk about people selling him just before he got 46 pts in 3 GWs. Barring injury I think he will be the highest scoring mid whether he is worth the money is another argument. I also prefer him playing with Walcott rather than giroud as I think Walcott frees up space for him. I won't be selling him until arsenal have a good few players back fit and it looks like he may get a rest.

Yeah but his conversion rate must be up surely? Regression to the mean is about more than underlying stats as i understand/apply it. Its about whether the level of (good or bad) performance is likely to continue in comparison to the players 'normal' output, assuming no major variables have changed. Vardy has been very good for the past year or so, and has thrived under Ranieri so its not that uncharacteristic a level if performance granted, but the goal per game output is Suarez/Ronaldo/Messi rates and he's just not going to get 35 or 40 league goals. Surely!?!

Yup, up from 10.4% last season to 24.1% so far this. Pfft, Vardy for the European Golden boot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Did Benteke and Sanchez to Aguero and Firmino.

Firmino is a bit of a gamble but looks in great form and has a serious differential upside!

Have been tempted by Firmino as well, mainly because I'm a Liverpool fan but also because he's a midfielder playing as a striker and seems to be finally finding his feet after a slow start.

Might switch him for Hoolahan who has been gathering dust on my bench for weeks and switch to a 3-5-2 for next week. Have Pelle-Vardy-Kone so will be ditching the big fella and/or trading him for Aguero depending on budget after Firmino-Hoolahan switch (at work so can't check the value of those two at the minute :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Done KDB and Bertrand -> Barkley and Woolscheid for a -4.
    Current forward line is Lukaku, Vardy, Ighalo.

Is it worth a -8 to get Aguero in for Ighalo or should I wait til next week? I know Aguero could score well against Southampton but Ighalo could easily pick up points against Villa.

In fact, Ighalo has Villa, Norwich and Sunderland coming up whereas Vardy has United, Swansea, Chelsea...oh decisions :(

I'm in the same boat. Can't justify selling Ighalo before Villa so Kun will have to wait.

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat. Can't justify selling Ighalo before Villa so will Kun will have to wait.

I'm considering using the AOA chip this week. Have a strong front 8, and if I go for Aguero I'll be switching one of my mids for cheapie, so may not have a strong front 8 for long.

Only thing is my defenders have decent fixtures:
    Moreno - Swa (H)
    Sagna - Sou (a)
    Bellerin - Nor (a)

I'm considering using the AOA chip this week. Have a strong front 8, and if I go for Aguero I'll be switching one of my mids for cheapie, so may not have a strong front 8 for long.

Only thing is my defenders have decent fixtures:
    Moreno - Swa (H)
    Sagna - Sou (a)
    Bellerin - Nor (a)

I could see Sagna benched for Zabaleta after his showing against Liverpool and I may be benching Bellerin now that Coq is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Went Aguero & Bolasie for KDB & Pelle (BUIB) last night afraid of price changes.

Not sure if I regret it or not now though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I had Sanchez week 1 this season, my transfer history since then has been....

GW Out In
    7 Sánchez Hazard
    9 Hazard Sánchez

Meaning I owned him for: 1,5,3,3,3,2
    Sold him for: 20,16,
    Had him again for: 10,2,3,2,2

I'm petrified to sell the fecker now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I am pure delighted to see that many of the people on this forum (whom I consider rivals) are using a transfer to replace Sanchez with Ozil. Ozil is in a great run of form but I don't see it continuing, whereas Sanchez is struggling a little to find the net but it's only a matter of time, a great player like that doesn't stay down long, I only saw highlights of the Arsenal game at the weekend but word is that Sanchez was their best player and most likely to get them something.
    I'm not going to go on anymore with this, just putting out my satisfaction that many of you have wasted a transfer in my view and you'll waste another reversing it when the inevitable happens:pac:
    Norwich, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle and Bournemouth in the next seven and ye're happy with Ozil tipping along with 5s and 6s.
    Go for the two by all means for the bit of security but I don't think that's a good transfer.

I am pure delighted to see that many of the people on this forum (whom I consider rivals) are using a transfer to replace Sanchez with Ozil. Ozil is in a great run of form but I don't see it continuing, whereas Sanchez is struggling a little to find the net but it's only a matter of time, a great player like that doesn't stay down long, I only saw highlights of the Arsenal game at the weekend but word is that Sanchez was their best player and most likely to get them something.
    I'm not going to go on anymore with this, just putting out my satisfaction that many of you have wasted a transfer in my view and you'll waste another reversing it when the inevitable happens:pac:
    Norwich, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle and Bournemouth in the next seven and ye're happy with Ozil tipping along with 5s and 6s.
    Go for the two by all means for the bit of security but I don't think that's a good transfer.

I do agree with you and I'm hanging onto Sanchez for this run. But not to be pedantic, but it's not 5s and 6s Ozil is currently scoring! He's averaged over 10 points a game for the last 6 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I do agree with you and I'm hanging onto Sanchez for this run. But not to be pedantic, but it's not 5s and 6s Ozil is currently scoring! He's averaged over 10 points a game for the last 6 games.

Indeed, but I don't see that continuing, he has been getting the assists for an awful lot of their goals but rarely threatens to score himself.
    If he continues to pick up a lot of assists then I think Sanchez will be the one scoring many of the goals.
    Sure we'll see how it goes, I'm firmly in the Sanchez camp, even for the extra layout, and like I said I think it's a backwards sideways transfer, how can you transfer Sanchez out for those fixtures when the manager can't afford to give him a rest.

Yup, up from 10.4% last season to 24.1% so far this. Pfft, Vardy for the European Golden boot :pac:

He's the opposite or Aguero earlier this season.

I posted a "regression to the mean" graphic on Aguero the week before the Newcastle fame highlighting how nothing much had changed for him stats wise, just that his conversion rate had gone thru the floor. I predicted that he HAD to get a load of goals soon. :D

Vardy is a good player on an above average run of form which coupled with reasonably kind fixtures has seen his conversion rate increase to 2 and a half times what it was last season. He WILL regress to a more realistic conversion rate.

Indeed, but I don't see that continuing, he has been getting the assists for an awful lot of their goals but rarely threatens to score himself.
    If he continues to pick up a lot of assists then I think Sanchez will be the one scoring many of the goals.
    Sure we'll see how it goes, I'm firmly in the Sanchez camp, even for the extra layout, and like I said I think it's a backwards sideways transfer, how can you transfer Sanchez out for those fixtures when the manager can't afford to give him a rest.

Yes I do agree with you. I have Sanchez and dont think I could bring myself to make that move. I do have Mane, who's not up to much, so think I'm going to switch MAne for Ozil, leaving me with Ozil and Sanchez for their nice run. After that I'll make a decision on which to keep, or whether to keep both.

It's a gamble. What we do know is that a jaded Sanchez has blanked in the last 4. His next 3 are very tasty, however there's a reasonable chance that Ox and Walcott are back for those.

So is Wenger (and he's a hard person to anticipate) going to ease them in and ease Sanchez out ? Or will he rest Sanchez to have him firing on all cylinders over the xmas flurry ? I'll leave it to better people than me to guess his mind.

Personally I transferred him and I fully intend getting him back later on. I'm gambling on him not making me regret it too much. If it doesn't pay off then so be it. If it does great.

These coin edge decisions are what makes this so interesting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Already brought Aguero in for Pelle. I'm terrified of not having Kane. With price rises imminent, I'm nearly considering a -8 to bring Kane and Barkley in for Vardy and KDB. Crazy? Wait one more week to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    We tend to be fairly similar in playing style. I haven't had a bad few weeks though because, after bringing Pelle in, I quickly admitted my mistake and dumped him. I also went for De Gea as my United defensive coverage.,

I went Payet to Coutinho this GW. Despite being Aguero's biggest fan on here I'd say, I am holding off on him for now. Could be a huge mistake and the game next week will be tough to watch but I can't justify dropping any of my three performing strikers. City play away midweek and Southampton won't be easy, partucularly coming off a loss in a game they would have expected to win.

You have four expensive defenders. I'd be getting rid of at least one if not two. Kolarov would be one for me. There's great value to be had in Woolscheid from Stoke or Danny Simpson for example.

It's easy for me to say it I'd probably go -12.

Kol to Wolly
    Smalling to Simpson or cheap defender(you could bring in De Gea later then)
    Payet to Ozil or Coutinho if fit
    Pelle to Aguero
    Yeah sticking with Pellè, getting rid of and back in Kolarov and getting Smalling over DDG cost me my ~80k downfall... Time to move on now and go back to my traditional 3-4-3.

Your 12 pts hits is tasty but I'm £0.3m short for it. My team value has gotten rubbish and I waited way too long on Ozil (£0.5m swing :eek:).

Simpson can be interesting as a 5th def though. I don't think I'll use him much since Leicester have been poison at the back (only 2 CS - Simpson got very lucky to be "awarded" a third one from an early substitution or injury and well his assist this week-end was his first one) but you can't refuse a playing £4.0m def in an in-form team. I'll just have to see if I need the extra £0.1m from Ryan Bennett or not...

To get Ozil this week I need to sell KDB...

What I can do for -8 this week is Pellè+Payet+Smalling -> Agüero+Deulofeu+Wollscheid. £0.3m left ITB.

Later I can do Myhill+KDB -> DDG+Özil.

Only concern is Stoke fixtures. Tough enough. And can they maintain their current CS rate? Sounds even more irrational than Vardy's form... Or did I miss something? Pulis moved to Stoke :p )?
    Alot of similarities between your team and mine. On Sat I made the following changes for a -4.

Pelle----> Aguero
    Smalling ---> Rojo
    Kompany ----> Simpson

Gomez

Bellerin -- Rojo-- Souare

KDB -- Mahrez -- Sanchez -- Cabaye

Kane -- Aguero -- Lukaku

Happy enough for now. KDB will be get the road once Silva is fit

Simpson is becoming a popular "enabler" ;).
    I'm not sure about Rojo. Maybe DDG+Nyom is better than Gomes+Rojo? That said I'm not sure about anything lately :pac: and haven't been much right so you may be on for a glorious move :p;).

What I can do for -8 this week is Pellè+Payet+Smalling -> Agüero+Deulofeu+Wollscheid. £0.3m left ITB.

Later I can do Myhill+KDB -> DDG+Özil.

Only concern is Stoke fixtures. Tough enough. And can they maintain their current CS rate? Sounds even more irrational than Vardy's form... Or did I miss something? Pulis moved to Stoke :p )?

These seem good transfers. Want to get Deulofeu myself. Barkley got the FPL points this week but Deulofeu seemed superb in highlights.

I was all for Wolly myself but i do share your cold feet about Stoke. Never can seem to get clean sheets out of them and can their cs run continue? Regression to the mean! :) Could be a boat missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hughes as a manager is generally good for clean sheets. He knows how to set a team up. He's certainly no Martin Jol or Tim Sherwood anyway!

Re getting rid of KDB, I'm waiting to see how he does with Aguero back. As others have pointed out, his best scores were with Aguero in the team.

I think your main problem is you've far too much invested in that defence. You need to release money from there for other areas.

Are you short even if you opt for Coutinho? He's apparently going to be fit for the weekend. It looks like Klopp knows how to get the best out of him so I've gone for him.

Wilson to Kane

KDB out with 7.5 mill to spend.

Any ideas?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Already brought Aguero in for Pelle. I'm terrified of not having Kane. With price rises imminent, I'm nearly considering a -8 to bring Kane and Barkley in for Vardy and KDB. Crazy? Wait one more week to do it?

I did the Pelle to Aguero move too. Thinking of a -8 also but mine is Ighalo/Vardy and Sanchez (yes, I know I'll regret it when he has one of his 1 in 5 good FF performances) to Lukaku and Firmino.

I know all 4 players are different from you, but I don't think a -8 is madness this week given that Aguero is back and Kane/Lukaku are performing, whilst the big hitters in midfield are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone thinking of getting a United player,they have a decent run of fixtures Leicester(A) West Ham (H) Bournemouth (A) Norwich (H) Stoke(A).
    I am tempted with Mata/Depay and drop Vardy(Have Augero and Lukaku) for Ighalo hes run of goals is sure to dry up especially with the Leicester horrible fixtures. Ill see how the lineups are tonight and how many minutes they get but its very tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Done KDB/Pelle to Barkley/Kun, ayoze seems to be losing form, can do Smalling/Ayoze to Wol/Lukaku for -8 or will I hold on a week?

Anyone thinking of getting a United player,they have a decent run of fixtures Leicester(A) West Ham (H) Bournemouth (A) Norwich (H) Stoke(A).
    I am tempted with Mata/Depay and drop Vardy(Have Augero and Lukaku) for Ighalo hes run of goals is sure to dry up especially with the Leicester horrible fixtures. Ill see how the lineups are tonight and how many minutes they get but its very tempting!

I don't put much stock in Man U's nice fixtures. While I expect they will get 10+ points in them, LVG is a very conservative manager so I can't see them giving any team a hammering. It's their defensive assets that appeal to me.

Depay only played on Saturday as Martial and Rooney were out, so might not even keep his place. Mata is an enigma to me, he should do better than he actually does and Van Gaal has a nasty habit of substituting him. Who would you be selling to get him?

Vardy to Ighalo is a tough one. I have both and need to sell one and can't decide! Vardy won't score every week obviously, but there is nothing to suggest he won't score against any of the top teams - he got 2 v Arsenal for example. Ighalo is a great buy too however so a swap to him to raise funds isn't a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

-4 for BUIB > Aguero and Sterling > Barkley and really tempted to go -8 to bring in Lukaku for Vardy leaving me with the following:

Hennessey

VVD Cathcart Kolarov

Sanchez Coutinho Mahrez Barkley

Lukaku Kane Aguero

Bench of Schwarzer Richards Lingard and Targett

Happy enough to let Lingard play for Coutinho if the injury is bad and offload the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Mane and Pelle out, with a reminder to myself, never to pick them again. Deulefeu and Aguero in. It was toss of a coin between Aguero and Kane,

Might well bring in Coutinho and Kane next week for Kdb and Vardy. Coutinho has been killing me in my private leagues last few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement