Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Busts wins the top of the table clash. Congrats.

Cheers you did the double over me last year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

iroced wrote: »
    Jeez... I'm looking like losing to Iago despite him taking a 16 points hit :eek:!!!

Naughton & Martin need to get 6 pts for a draw, 7 for a win! Come on Newcastle & Stoke :D!

If I had gone with Mertesacker instead of Gabriel I'd be home and hosed, as it stands I think it'll be a bridge too far unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Iago wrote: »
    If I had gone with Mertesacker instead of Gabriel I'd be home and hosed, as it stands I think it'll be a bridge too far unfortunately :(

I could see Swansea getting the clean sheet tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

CSF wrote: »
    I could see Swansea getting the clean sheet tbh

wouldn't be enough :(

Wenger killing me all season, surely he could have let us know Gabriel was due for surgery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wouldn't be enough :(

Wenger killing me all season, surely he could have let us know Gabriel was due for surgery :(
    CS & BP or assist for Naughton would do it. This game is crazier this year than during any of the last 5 seasons I feel. So I'd not write off any scenario to be honest.

Imagine if I were 20 pts ahead of you and you had Wijnaldum left. I'd have celebrated victory yesterday :pac: !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Look to be continuing my alternating wins and losses with a low scoring win over Who 8 Paul.

My 41 (-4) to his 37. We both have Gomis left but I have Fletcher (3) and possibly Muniesa coming off the bench. Unless Muniesa disgraces himself with a -4 I should scrape through.

Naughton not featuring and anyway Stoke early goal gave me a nice evening. I eventually get my win (when I saw Iago took a 16 pts hit thought it was in the bag but a hard fought win in the end :eek:). Will stay third though. CSF goes a couple of pts ahead of me in the OR.

iroced wrote: »
    Naughton not featuring and anyway Stoke early goal gave me a nice evening. I eventually get my win (when I saw Iago took a 16 pts hit thought it was in the bag but a hard fought win in the end :eek:). Will stay third though. CSF goes a couple of pts ahead of me in the OR.

Go me, top of something at least!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm up to fifth as well after a comfy win this week.
    Top 5 is now Busts, CSF, iroced, Lemlin and me in fifth.
    That's a solid looking top 5:cool:
    I'd be surprised if any of the other leagues could provide a top 5 of 'household' names:pac:

• Advertisement

Up to 15th with that win, nice to be out of the relegation zone.

I'd be surprised if any of the other leagues could provide a top 5 of 'household' names:pac:

5 of the top 6 overall points scorers also. Donal the unlucky one with a good overall pts score not resulting in wins in h2h.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Would be happy to still be there at the end. Last season I was motoring well in a CL spot right until January when I brought a certain tall Italian into my team.

Guess who I transferred in again last weekend...... :o

3 ahead of Dearg81. We both have KDB and Francis so its his Kolarov, Mane and Pelle against my Kompany :eek: Sturridge :eek::eek: Martial and Fletcher (3) off the bench.

Very tight.

I need 17 from Kompany, De Bruyne and Bony to win tomorrow. Doable but I'm definitely the underdog.

1 point ahead of Lemlin, but he has Bertrand and Martial, so pretty likely a defeat again this week.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    1 point ahead of Lemlin, but he has Bertrand and Martial, so pretty likely a defeat again this week.

I'd have to expect the lads to get that between them. Kolarov not playing would suit me either because I have Nyom to sub in with 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The Kolarov Mané indeed. When he scored left me drawing with Busts and would have won if he'd sneaked a bonus which was likely. Yellow card cost me the draw and the red just added insult to injury.

The Commandos are back to winning ways. We grind out a 45-42 win over Donal.

Mane's two minutes of madness look to have handed me the tie by one point

Defeat for me. A crappy GW that hopefully is the final point of my bad choices last 2 GWs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think that's three wins on the bounce, continuing the journey from relegation zone to mid table obscurity

FHFC wrote: »
    The Kolarov Mané indeed. When he scored left me drawing with Busts and would have won if he'd sneaked a bonus which was likely. Yellow card cost me the draw and the red just added insult to injury.

When an historic win was in your grasp the pressure just got too much for your players in the end . Mane behaving Chadli indeed.

The Commandos are back to winning ways. We grind out a 45-42 win over Donal.

Yup, congrats. Hope to take the three points in the return leg like I did last year!

Up against my arch nemesis Swiper this week. He has 39 + Lukaku (c) vs my 46 + Pelle and Bertie. Still very much up in the air.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

54 - 25 lead over skippy15. His Pelle, Mane and Lukaku vs my Pelle and Cedric to go. Have it won barring something outstanding from Mane and Lukaku.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

after 8 wins on the bounce im in trouble this week. Zarquon has a 2 point lead and pelle (c) to my mane.

after 8 wins on the bounce im in trouble this week. Zarquon has a 2 point lead and pelle (c) to my mane.

You have a nice 5 point lead at the top so I'd like to try and cut into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

54 - 25 lead over skippy15. His Pelle, Mane and Lukaku vs my Pelle and Cedric to go. Have it won barring something outstanding from Mane and Lukaku.

I'll give you the points now and move onto next match-white flag waved!
    even if mahrez somehow comes of the bench

having a dreadful few weeks- newborn baby effecting my ff prospects lol

Dead level with FHFC on 38 points

We both have Van Dijk so I am relying on the unlikely scenarion of Kane and Francis outscoring the combination of Lukaku, Mane and Pelle

We both have Van Dijk so I am relying on the unlikely scenarion of Kane and Francis outscoring the combination of Lukaku, Mane and Pelle

Good man. Was hoping whoever I was playing would post an update so i didn't have to look it up and could go to bed... ;)

• Advertisement

6 ahead with Van Dijk vs Bertrand

Up against my arch nemesis Swiper this week. He has 39 + Lukaku (c) vs my 46 + Pelle and Bertie. Still very much up in the air.

Lukaku will get 14 x 2 = 28 putting Swiper on 67. Well played sir.

Not in a month of Sunday's will my two lads get 21.

Ha, just posted about it on the other thread, we had very similar teams, looked like my decision to bench The best player in the world would bite my ass,

I'd be delighted with a win here

Looks like you were right, no way they were getting any more than 20

Another loss unless Kane doesn't play - have Kane to go, and Devestated has Kane captained.

Another loss unless Kane doesn't play - have Kane to go, and Devestated has Kane captained.

Nope. Bertie's 2 bps will put you 49-46 ahead. I need Kane to get more than 2 points

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nope. Bertie's 2 bps will put you 49-46 ahead. I need Kane to get more than 2 points

Oh right, fantasy football buddy doesn't show the points hits. I'd kinda like Kane to go nuts, all the same.

Oh right, fantasy football buddy doesn't show the points hits. I'd kinda like Kane to go nuts, all the same.

You and me both

Looks like you were right, no way they were getting any more than 20

Bony instead of Lukaku fooked me. Nobody to blame but myself as it was my decision.

• Advertisement

Nudged iroced by a point this week. Bertrand being nudged out of the 3 by Davis ended up being enough to see it home in a huge battle between 3rd and 4th.

That mean Kane needs 23+?

Hopefully will hold on so!

CSF wrote: »
    Nudged iroced by a point this week. Bertrand being nudged out of the 3 by Davis ended up being enough to see it home in a huge battle between 3rd and 4th.
    Bertrand was a hero.

Kolarov's to blame :mad:. I can't believe that if the ref whistled the end of the game 2min earlier I'd have won this H2H :pac:...

Overall, I'm quite mad at him. I'm looking at an 8 pts swing min. I'm not inspired nor lucky on my late transfers (Bony instead of Lukaku ; and Kolarov) :rolleyes:...

Well played though. A point is still a point ;).

Winner alright. Close run thing in the end. 5 wins on the bounce now, and gone from relegation zone to challenging for a European spot...

Winner alright. Close run thing in the end. 5 wins on the bounce now, and gone from relegation zone to challenging for a European spot...

Yup, congrats.

I still have the sixth highest overall score, but I'm now languishing in 20th! Not a great start.

I should win against Tom_k barring a Moreno wondershow. I lead 39-27. We both have KDB + Sanchez so it comes down to his Moreno vs my 12 point lead and Kolarov + Souare.

• Advertisement

Mixy game versus game of throw ins. I'm on 31 versus his 33. He has KDB captain, Sanchez, Kolarov, I have KDB, Sanchez, Ward, Kolarov and Kane.

I'd fancy him to take the 3 points with KDB captain. Ward should concede, so I'd need Kane to do something to try to win this.

Gillespie attacking line hurt me (Deeney, Lukaku, Vardy). Need my captain KDB to outscore his (Yaya) and Arsenal to concede.

2 pts behind and my Kolarov-KDB(C)-Sanchez-Bony vs his Cech-Mertesacker-Yaya(C)-Ozil.

Mixy game versus game of throw ins. I'm on 31 versus his 33. He has KDB captain, Sanchez, Kolarov, I have KDB, Sanchez, Ward, Kolarov and Kane.

I'd fancy him to take the 3 points with KDB captain. Ward should concede, so I'd need Kane to do something to try to win this.

A well needed 3 points taken from Game Of Throw Ins. Delighted.

Will be off the bottom of the table going into the international break.

What looks like a narrow win over FHFC is the only silver lining on what has been a cloudy week, still right in the hunt for the top prize.

A comfortable enough victory over Science Nerd to consolidate my mid-table position, my captain Vardy to his Sanchez being crucial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement