Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rionegro Escalation, Aug 17th and 18th, Bellurgan Park.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

MajorMax wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas? I need a good foolproof scheme. Otherwise I'm off to bloody Romania, I'm planning on sulking the whole time i'm there!:mad:

I'd be happy to get a bunch of folks together and kidnap you.

You'll have to live in the back of a truck for a few days and may end up having to do some hard labour for zero pay, but you'd get that real Rionegro experience. Gun shots and everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Convince one of your friends to get married in louth the day before or after. you know, the one she never saw or talked to and sounds exactly like your best friend over the phone when she calls to ask him. A sim card with a new number that certainly isn't being used by your best friend but belongs to your engaged friend are cheap these days :P

Of course, this is all theoretical and could very well be 100% true for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

MajorMax wrote: »

Then the missus told me I'm off to Romania in August for a wedding of a friend of hers :eek:. I told her I'd miss her and I offered to drive her to the airport and everything, but she's not having it.

Anyone have any ideas? I need a good foolproof scheme. Otherwise I'm off to bloody Romania, I'm planning on sulking the whole time i'm there!:mad:

develop a "fear" of flying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'll quote Homer

"Dear Baby,

Welcome to dumpsville: population you."

In all sincerity, you are not going to convince your other half that it would be more fun for her to show up at her friend's wedding...alone. Either buy her something really expensive, or get 'injured' just before the flight - you can't fly with a broken bone :D Though, playing airsoft with a broken bone is not much fun either.

Enjoy Romania!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Inari wrote: »
    or get 'injured' just before the flight - you can't fly with a broken bone :D Though, playing airsoft with a broken bone is not much fun either.
    We can probably figure out a LARP role for someone on crutches.

I like a challenge.

We have been looking at changes to our booking system for this year’s game. We have some good news, and some not so good.

First, we have had requests to take group bookings, and so we have been investigating what is needed to to make this work. Unfortunately we cannot come up into a process that is workable, and fair for everyone. As a result we will not be offering a facility for group bookings. Sorry.

However, because people do have issues with PayPal payments, and internet access. We are planning to have tickets sold in a number of Airsoft shops. We will announce where and how this will work soon.

And finally we know a lot of people want to be part of this game, but can’t make the whole weekend. So we will be offering a number of one day, Sunday-only tickets for “Reinforcements”. These will have to be pre-booked and pre-paid, and will allow players to join the units in the major Factions – Republicano, or Domiguan-Patriota alliance. Again further details will be provided in coming weeks.

Does anyone know much about spoofing IFF systems to allow helicopters cross a UN mandated "No-Fly" zone without getting shot down? I am asking for, er, a friend. Yeah, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

sliabh wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about spoofing IFF systems to allow helicopters cross a UN mandated "No-Fly" zone without getting shot down? I am asking for, er, a friend. Yeah, that's it.

I'm sure one could pick up some black-market transponders.

Have you tried fairyhouse market?

:pac:

Or ebay? Saw this but don't know if it's a unit or not. But could be a prop

• Advertisement

Er, I got a surprising numbers of offers of help and even equipment for this one. You can all stand down now. While we may have a small IFF related sub mission for one unit, this was just intended to be a reminder that we haven't gone away you know.

Game planning and preparation continues in the background...

Instead let me ask, who wants to be a Faction Commander? We are taking applications from interested parties now. Take on the responsibility for leading an entire Faction (about 2 full platoons in strength). There are a few perks with the role, including free tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

...this was just intended to be a reminder that we haven't gone away you know.

I don't need any reminders. The anticipation is killing me! :mad:
    I just want to forget all about this event until it's actually time to go! :o

422nd wrote: »
    I don't need any reminders. The anticipation is killing me! :mad:
    I just want to forget all about this event until it's actually time to go! :o

Tsk, then you won't be ready. And you might miss useful information...

Tsk, then you won't be ready. And you might miss useful information...

I was born ready! :pac:

So what is the nick name of the notorious Rionegro War Criminal wanted for various battlefield atrocities, and for the bombing of the San Soles embassy in the Rionegron capital of San Pedro?

So what is the nick name of the notorious Rionegro War Criminal wanted for various battlefield atrocities, and for the bombing of the San Soles embassy in the Rionegron capital of San Pedro?

Leave that with me. I know a guy who knows a guy.

• Advertisement

Good! He wasn't worth the money it cost the government to keep him alive in prison!

422nd wrote: »
    Good! He wasn't worth the money it cost the government to keep him alive in prison!
    Spoken like a true Republicano. But what secrets has he taken to his grave?

Spoken like a true Republicano. But what secrets has he taken to his grave?

None that can't be found elsewhere.

REP_ORBAT.gif
    Not pictured - commander's names, unit sizes and radio channel allocations. All vital intel to be hunted down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Instead let me ask, who wants to be a Faction Commander? We are taking applications from interested parties now. Take on the responsibility for leading an entire Faction (about 2 full platoons in strength). There are a few perks with the role, including free tickets.
    Will you be taking applications for section leaders too or will they be picked on the day?

Evade wrote: »
    Will you be taking applications for section leaders too or will they be picked on the day?
    Like last year, the application form will allow you to say you are interested in a command role. You can specify which of Faction Commander, Unit Commander, or Section Leader you would like to go for.

We will pick the Faction Commander and Unit Commanders in advance of the fame. The Unit Commander then will work with volunteers to pick Section Leaders. Some will be chosen in advance, and some on the day.

Barring accidents (or mutiny*) the Commander's will not change over the game. But we did have some rotation in Section Leaders. It gives people a break, and allows people to step up to the role for a while.

* who can forget the infamous circumstances with the Heavies where they gathered over $100,000 to ransom back their Unit Commander from the drugs cartel, just so they could execute him themselves.

A few words about the IVth International Brigade.

Jorge Gallardo: Profile of "The Butcher" of Rionegro.

We have a big update on ticket sales and booking on our website.

Tickets will go on sale online and in shops from Thursday.

We are looking for a few good men or women to be faction commanders.
    fcmap2.gif

11 hours in and 115 tickets sold. That's more than half, and three times more than we sold in the same period last year. We sell out the initial 200 within a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭SentinelStance

Glad you reminded us they were selling!

Send my pm there, sorry if it's a long one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

We have joined the Domiguan Airborne, now to get planning for death from above ;)

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    We have joined the Domiguan Airborne, now to get planning for death from above ;)

now to start planning some "cannon fodder" missions.............. :eek:

Tickets update for Saturday evening.

It is now 58 hours after we opened sales and we have sold 163 tickets – the same number that we sold over three months for Rionegro Initiative last year. The whole team is sort of stunned at the level of demand there has been for the game. At this instant there are just 13 places left – 1 in the Heavies, and 12 in the 25th Light Infantry. I would guess that they will probably be gone tomorrow, and certainly will be sold out by Monday.

We are talking with the Bellurgan guys about releasing an additional block of tickets. If we do this then:

We will only do this once, and we would release ~50 tickets.
    The tickets would be for the 4 large units only:
    • Domiguan 2nd Airborne
    • Heavies
    • 25th Light Infantry
    • IVth International Brigade
    There will be no more tickets for the ISOA or Los Gringos.
    We are going to make a decision and announcement on this during the week. And we will also make a decision on whether we will also release a limited number of “Reinforcements” tickets. These would be for Sunday only. In both cases we need to make sure we can make this work from a game play perspective – we have to be able to handle such numbers, and get new players integrated into the missions and story. And more importantly we need to be able to do it safely – we will need to manage and marshal a group that would be nearly twice the size of last year’s game.

For the moment the focus remains sorting out as many of the booking issues as possible this evening and tomorrow. There will be updates in the coming days.

As an aside on all this, it is interesting is that the more MilSim orientated the unit, the faster it sold out. Hopefully this strong vote for in MilSim will lead to more of these games on sites around the country!

And secondly this is a big vote of confidence from the Irish Airsoft player community in the Rionegro game, and in the great team we have pulled together to organise this. Thank you! Of course, having bought-out all the tickets it now falls to us to deliver!

And they are gone! The whole event booked out in 4 days!

Any news on tickets for the sunday? I know someone interested in one because they can't make the friday and saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Any news on the extra tickets

Please give us a few days to sort out the last of the booking issues. And we need to get all the players registered for the game forums. An announcement will be made later this week on additional tickets - whether they will happen or not.

Ticket update: We will release an additional 30 tickets on Thursday the 27th of June.

We need a volunteer to play the notorious war criminal - "The Butcher"

If you are a registered player, and you think you can stay hidden for 27 hours while being hunted by several units, then let us know.

• Advertisement

We have made some small changes to the game rules. These mainly clarify the following:
    • The magazine restrictions for support guns.
    • The difference between a field dressing and a trauma pad.
    • Failing a stress test once means you have answer three questions. You don't
    • have to do the test once for each question.
    • Building-base rules updated.

We have just announced our two Faction Commanders for the Rionegro Escalation:
    • Domiguan-Patriota Alliance - Chris Morris
    • Republicanos - Daniel O'Connor

Details on the website.

Information on the final allocation of 30 tickets.

FYI, we have sold over 190 tickets so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

Information on the final allocation of 30 tickets.

FYI, we have sold over 190 tickets so far!

WANT !!!

whydave wrote: »
    WANT !!!

did you get a ticket mate?

Questions raised about the Rionegro No-Fly-Zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

thermo wrote: »
    did you get a ticket mate?

No missed out ! hoping for a drop out !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Dang, tickets sold out!?

Dang, tickets sold out!?
    Afraid so. The first 180 or so sold out in 4 days. The 30 additional we released last week went in 3 hours.

We have published an updated site map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Awesome work Paul. Saves me having to try to make one :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement