Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rionegro Escalation, Aug 17th and 18th, Bellurgan Park.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

KonFusion wrote: »
    August!! :eek:

Balls, I didn't even look at the dates :pac:
    May and June - exams.
    September - people back to school, college, etc.
    July - clash with father's day, and various harvesting activities in Bellurgan.
    August 17th - clash with Eminem in Slane (did anyone get my reference there?). And sure no self respecting Airsofter is interested in Eminem :)

Game poster, with thanks to Unsinnig.

If you want your own copy we have it in two sizes:
    Rionegro Escalation A3
    Rionegro Escalation A4
    Rionegro2013_Sml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Pleased to say I've thoroughly thrown the cat among the pigeons, upset colleagues, organised cover for myself, and generally disrupted business in order to get this weekend freed up, and all with months to spare! Score, can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ReapersAirsoft

Unfortunately this self-respecting airsofter is attending Eminem :/ not the only one I'm guessing. Shame I really enjoyed the game last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Chrisbellew

KonFusion wrote: »
    ****ING YES!! :pac:

1912-so-much-win_inline.jpg

Now for the hard decision of picking a team...

Which unit will have the best balance of combat/LARPing would you say?

Are there any embedded LARP roles available?

Edit: Also how does one get into the Intelligence and Special Operations Agency? Er, assuming that it actually exists. Which we all know it doesn't...Maybe. Is there any special criterion to join?

Further edit: Also kudos on the new website. Not a fan of the opacity as it makes the text a little hard to read, but maybe that's just me. Looks good.
    I was an embedded LARP last year, I was a photographer for a Rionegran Newspaper (A great experience!) however I'm thinking Republicanos this year they also allow for a great LARP experience :D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Like reapers airsoft up there the dates also clash with my Eminem tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The international brigade seems very intriguing. Pity about the banjos.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Anyone else noticing the headgear rule breach in the poster? :pac:

422nd wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing the headgear rule breach in the poster? :pac:
    A temporary alliance of convenience between some players :)

There may be one or two cases this year where a player (almost always a LARP one) can fake it with another faction's headgear. This will only happen where:
    • It is a requirement of their character role.
    • They have been given explicit permission/instructions by an EM in advance.
    • They carry a "Rules Exemption Card" from the EMs saying they are allowed to do so.

The card is important. They must present it if asked/challenged about wearing different headgear. And if a player is searched in game and one is found, then you can treat that as proof they are a spy and summarily execute them

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

sliabh wrote: »
    A temporary alliance of convenience between some players :)

There may be one or two cases this year where a player (almost always a LARP one) can fake it with another faction's headgear. This will only happen where:
    • It is a requirement of their character role
    • They have been given explicit permission/instructions by an EM in davance.
    • They carry a "Rules Exemption Card" from the EMs saying they are allowed to do so.

The card is important. They must present it if asked/challenged about wearing different headgear. And if a player is searched in game and one is found, then you can treat that as proof they are a spy and summarily execute them

I like to think it's a subtle reference that this year will end with an alliance between Republicanos and Patriotas to fight off... an alien invasion! :pac:

• Advertisement

422nd wrote: »
    I like to think it's a subtle reference that this year will end with an alliance between Republicanos and Patriotas to fight off... an alien invasion! :pac:
    Be careful what you wish for, we are VERY responsive to player requests. At least 3 units/big game ideas this year are directly from player suggestions at or since the last game.

The international brigade seems very intriguing. Pity about the banjos.
    I may ban squeeze boxes as well.

I may ban squeeze boxes as well.

Harmonicas okay?

Harmonicas okay?
    Only for POWs. If we are going to do cliches we will do them properly.

Seems reasonable, I look forward to seeing someone jump a motorcycle into Domigua.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Seems reasonable, I look forward to seeing someone jump a motorcycle into Domigua.

I'm not sure if that's covered by site insurance. They chose the tank option instead of motorbikes and banjo noise pollution option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

The question i ask myself is should i be booking flights back from Canada for this :) as last years was savage :) himmmmmmmmm decisions decisions i think i might have too, id be losing money if i didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

I was an embedded LARP last year, I was a photographer for a Rionegran Newspaper (A great experience!) however I'm thinking Republicanos this year they also allow for a great LARP experience :D!

plus one to this, i was a civillian in the village with the A.R.M and it was great crack.None stop fighting between republicanos and the heavy's.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Started sourcing a few sweet props for this that should come in handy.

Won't say anything til I get them, but they should come in handy for any reporters/villagers (and could provide an interesting side objective or two for the teams).

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I was so excited about this, I missed last year but I have convinced a couple of mates to come with me and I was sourcing a cheap 4 man tent and a sleeping bag. I was trying to decide what faction I wanted to be on

Then the missus told me I'm off to Romania in August for a wedding of a friend of hers :eek:. I told her I'd miss her and I offered to drive her to the airport and everything, but she's not having it.

Anyone have any ideas? I need a good foolproof scheme. Otherwise I'm off to bloody Romania, I'm planning on sulking the whole time i'm there!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

MajorMax wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas? I need a good foolproof scheme. Otherwise I'm off to bloody Romania, I'm planning on sulking the whole time i'm there!:mad:

I'd be happy to get a bunch of folks together and kidnap you.

You'll have to live in the back of a truck for a few days and may end up having to do some hard labour for zero pay, but you'd get that real Rionegro experience. Gun shots and everything!

Convince one of your friends to get married in louth the day before or after. you know, the one she never saw or talked to and sounds exactly like your best friend over the phone when she calls to ask him. A sim card with a new number that certainly isn't being used by your best friend but belongs to your engaged friend are cheap these days :P

Of course, this is all theoretical and could very well be 100% true for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

MajorMax wrote: »

Then the missus told me I'm off to Romania in August for a wedding of a friend of hers :eek:. I told her I'd miss her and I offered to drive her to the airport and everything, but she's not having it.

develop a "fear" of flying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'll quote Homer

"Dear Baby,

Welcome to dumpsville: population you."

In all sincerity, you are not going to convince your other half that it would be more fun for her to show up at her friend's wedding...alone. Either buy her something really expensive, or get 'injured' just before the flight - you can't fly with a broken bone :D Though, playing airsoft with a broken bone is not much fun either.

Enjoy Romania!

Inari wrote: »
    or get 'injured' just before the flight - you can't fly with a broken bone :D Though, playing airsoft with a broken bone is not much fun either.
    We can probably figure out a LARP role for someone on crutches.

I like a challenge.

We have been looking at changes to our booking system for this year’s game. We have some good news, and some not so good.

First, we have had requests to take group bookings, and so we have been investigating what is needed to to make this work. Unfortunately we cannot come up into a process that is workable, and fair for everyone. As a result we will not be offering a facility for group bookings. Sorry.

However, because people do have issues with PayPal payments, and internet access. We are planning to have tickets sold in a number of Airsoft shops. We will announce where and how this will work soon.

And finally we know a lot of people want to be part of this game, but can’t make the whole weekend. So we will be offering a number of one day, Sunday-only tickets for “Reinforcements”. These will have to be pre-booked and pre-paid, and will allow players to join the units in the major Factions – Republicano, or Domiguan-Patriota alliance. Again further details will be provided in coming weeks.

Does anyone know much about spoofing IFF systems to allow helicopters cross a UN mandated "No-Fly" zone without getting shot down? I am asking for, er, a friend. Yeah, that's it.

Does anyone know much about spoofing IFF systems to allow helicopters cross a UN mandated "No-Fly" zone without getting shot down? I am asking for, er, a friend. Yeah, that's it.

I'm sure one could pick up some black-market transponders.

Have you tried fairyhouse market?

:pac:

Or ebay? Saw this but don't know if it's a unit or not. But could be a prop

• Advertisement

Er, I got a surprising numbers of offers of help and even equipment for this one. You can all stand down now. While we may have a small IFF related sub mission for one unit, this was just intended to be a reminder that we haven't gone away you know.

Game planning and preparation continues in the background...

Instead let me ask, who wants to be a Faction Commander? We are taking applications from interested parties now. Take on the responsibility for leading an entire Faction (about 2 full platoons in strength). There are a few perks with the role, including free tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement