Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mrs SuperPotato

Can you get to doctor or support group today? XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I wish. My doctor is on holidays and I don't really feel comfortable with any of the others in the practice.

And the jury is still out on support groups :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feelin very non-existent today. That's a little worrying because it means i'm going very up or very down soon.. For once though i've no idea which way i'm going and i find that scary, like i might just go back to bed and hide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ feeling like that today too...dunno wtf l'm doing with my life anymore...my career is a big fuk up atm. Wanted to stay in bed all day but l managed to get out. I want to brust out crying right now but l can't...its like l just want to give up...ugh. feel really worthless :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nobody here is worthless. No one. I think. Except me I don't know.

I've been reading 'a bright red scream the art of self mutilation' it's pretty interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Had a fairly ****e weekend. Had a few rather prolonged panic attacks due to events out of my control and a big argument with my family. Don't think anyone plans on talking to me very soon as a result. So I snapped a bit for my Easter.

Now here's the ironic part, the essay that I assumed I failed and had a bit nervous breakdown over a couple of months back. Apparently got 67% in it which is rather good but i'm in a ****e mood so can't appreciate this fact. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Think it might be bad that my opinion on self harming is turning into a other people drink and smoke, why can't I do this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lucky frank lives

Got a year or so of hapiness out of lexapro but it seems to have stopped working for me, back in a a bad place, that unimaginable tiredness has returned and anxeity is off the scale, so TIRED TIRED TIRED i fooking hate depression so much ruining my life

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pressurised Container

Hey

Was away the weekend so struggled to get on and post I tried so hard not to get to ‘giddy’ so as this week would be some what normal but in a big bad hole this week. Doesnt feel like the usual down feeling I get feels more aggressive. Am so bad for talking so left a note for OH when I went for my shower, at first he was like ah you will be grand its just after the long weekend etc I just know its something more. Am dreading the next few days my bff’s birthday at the weekend too so need to plaster on the ‘happy face’

I get the just not wanting to be here, I dont necessarily want to harm myself but if I could slip away quietly it would be fab. I sometimes find it hard to get joy from my little daughter, she is amazing and I love the bones off her, but sometimes I think if she wasn’t here would I feel this way? And also if I did feel this way I wouldn’t feel as guilty for the bad thoughts.

I hope everyone is ok today (whatever ok maybe!)

But your daughter is there. So thats all that matters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still feeling in a void.. Weather being lovely out is, perversely, making me feel worse. Rolled in a ball most of day. ****ing damn it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Still feeling in a void.. Weather being lovely out is, perversely, making me feel worse. Rolled in a ball most of day. ****ing damn it..

Ya, seeing people happy with the weather makes me feel worse for some reason.

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, seeing people happy with the weather makes me feel worse for some reason.

Oh haven't been in contact with others so far today. Not in humour at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

miserable as sin today despite the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

I'm getting picked on in work.

I'm a grown up these things aren't suppose to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

You really have to go to your HR department. It's completely unacceptable for someone to be harassing you at work and if you report it, they will be forced into a position where they have to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 arbitrary constant

Last week was moderately enjoyable because I spent it doing absolutely nothing. Now that I have to get myself back into a routine and am faced with the prospect of study and coursework, I'm feeling really dejected and tired again. I always tend to give up on things before trying properly, 'cause it's easier and less painful to not try than to try and fail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

'cause it's easier and less painful to not try than to try and fail. :(

Don't think that's true because it builds up imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 arbitrary constant

I know but it's still hard to push yourself into at least making an effort. It worries me how content I am to do absolutely nothing, it's looking increasingly likely that I'm gonna end up some unambitious bum who just coasts through life with the tiniest of effort and never achieves anything or has anything to be proud of. :( If I was just good at something, or even had any idea what it is I'd like to do with my life, I might be ok. But every potential career move or lifestyle fails to appeal to me. If things keep going the way they are now I'll be in a dead end job 'til I die, if I'm lucky enough to even get any sort of job in the first place.

I went to town on my arm last night. Lucky I'm so good at treatment now, thanks to the 1.50 bargain shop. Nothing bad enough for the hospital anyway, but it pays to be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stevepkbrgs

I was surprised to see this forum. I was of the understanding that you could not talk about mental health. Just like in society.!!!
    I live in a small town in the west of ireland, unfortuinetly enevitibly people found out that I was having ECT Then, when I eventually got home people would cross the road to avoid me. Maybe its just lack of public awareness. Even now people I used to talk to, turn there head when they see me. Not, obviously my "true" friends have not treated me any differently thank goodness. I dont know if this is just a rural Ireland attitude or is it in every country. My family keeps telling me that the people that have avoided me are not worth worring about. But you will now that no ammount of peoples best intentions with advice will you change your mindset Probably some of you will understand when your not having a "good" day, you think that everyone is out to get you..;thanks for reading.S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

You'd think so, but sadly there are politics and posturing and even bullying in most workplaces; it's not really something we ever grow out of.

It's probably worse for people lacking in confidence (as many with depression & anxiety are), as by not replying or acting they make an easier target; and end up just bottling it up inside or even blaming themselves.

If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be do something about it now, rather than waiting for the next 'incident' and being too angry or caught off guard to react calmly and assertively. I think you'd be surprised how often the 'bully' can be surprised, or even apologetic when confronted - directly or indirectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I know but it's still hard to push yourself into at least making an effort. It worries me how content I am to do absolutely nothing, it's looking increasingly likely that I'm gonna end up some unambitious bum who just coasts through life with the tiniest of effort and never achieves anything or has anything to be proud of. :( If I was just good at something, or even had any idea what it is I'd like to do with my life, I might be ok. But every potential career move or lifestyle fails to appeal to me. If things keep going the way they are now I'll be in a dead end job 'til I die, if I'm lucky enough to even get any sort of job in the first place.

If you're GENUINELY happy doing nothing, then just accept it and be happy about it. Don't feel as if you need to chase someone else's ambitions. That said, you probably do need a job, as at least then you have a bit more money to give you options, in case you DO want to do something. :)

Realising why meds & alcohol don't mix :(

Having a mega paranoid day. Nerves in shreds already.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

This is me x1,000,000,000
    Thanks OP for describing exactly what has been up with me lately

I'm just about to go into a party. Panicking slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm just about to go into a party. Panicking slightly.

Slow down man, see everybody with fresh eyes without your own judgements (we all have them no matter what and even about friends) and see how the world looks rather than wondering how you look to the world!

Hope ye have fun!

Didn't go great. But nothing ventured nothing gained etc.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Didn't go great. But nothing ventured nothing gained etc.

Are you glad you went at least?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement