Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-03-2014, 21:11   #1396
Johnnythefox4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by star92 View Post
Well done on the interview! Sean emailed us the blank sheet there and then at the end of the interview. Did u sign the contract?
Yeah I signed the contract at the end of the interview, I wasn't interviewed by Sean though it was someone else, can't remember his name, he told us he would email us the blank sheet but nothing yet
Johnnythefox4 is offline  
Advertisement
24-03-2014, 21:58   #1397
bd_90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
hi Johnny,I would say e-mail Sean Cooney, he probably just forgot to send it on to you. It was just a blank e mail anyway. I noticed last week you werent impressed when you received the e mail that your application was still being processed. When did you find out you had an interview? Its just my friend received the same e-mail and I was wondering what his chances were of getting an interview
bd_90 is offline  
25-03-2014, 14:33   #1398
Roismagosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mayo.
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_bean View Post
You'll be waiting a while We only heard in late May/ early June last year, iirc. Returning teachers are only signing their contracts now, transfer requests are still being processed so it will be a while before each school knows exactly how many teachers they need next year.

Don't be surprised if you're not offered any of the schools on your list, I wasn't, I know a lot of people that weren't.
Ah cheers! Handy to have some sort of time scale! Got an email from mazen saying I'll be informed of the next steps after a while...what else is there to do...
Roismagosh is offline  
25-03-2014, 19:07   #1399
bd_90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
Hey everyone, I just set up a Facebook group for those of us who are heading off in August! I just thought it might be handier to discuss what stage we're at, any problems and general information about Sabis and the Middle East! Anyway if you type Sabis 2014 into FB you should find it! The logo is 3 books!
bd_90 is offline  
25-03-2014, 19:15   #1400
mregan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_90 View Post
Hey everyone, I just set up a Facebook group for those of us who are heading off in August! I just thought it might be handier to discuss what stage we're at, any problems and general information about Sabis and the Middle East! Anyway if you type Sabis 2014 into FB you should find it! The logo is 3 books!
cant find it could you copy the link?
mregan22 is offline  
Advertisement
25-03-2014, 19:21   #1401
bd_90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mregan22 View Post
cant find it could you copy the link?
https://m.facebook.com/groups/285448...6?ref=bookmark

Sorry probably should have done that to start with
bd_90 is offline  
07-04-2014, 10:14   #1402
Sakm123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
Hi guys, me and my partner and daughter are looking to move to Dubai, Alain or Sharjah we are both teachers and have had interviews with sabis recently , we are not sure which area yet but they were our options. We hope to get Dubai because it's closer to family who are already living out there. Does anyone know how long it is until you received the offer from them after your second interviews? We were interviewed by a really nice man called mazzen.
Sakm123 is offline  
07-04-2014, 13:32   #1403
PeachLoops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakm123 View Post
Hi guys, me and my partner and daughter are looking to move to Dubai, Alain or Sharjah we are both teachers and have had interviews with sabis recently , we are not sure which area yet but they were our options. We hope to get Dubai because it's closer to family who are already living out there. Does anyone know how long it is until you received the offer from them after your second interviews? We were interviewed by a really nice man called mazzen.
Hello. I also had my 2nd interview via Skype with Mazen and am waiting to hear back. I hope it's soon! It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one still waiting. When did you have your interview?
PeachLoops is offline  
07-04-2014, 13:40   #1404
Sakm123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
Hi, Me too.. Hopefully we will both be successful. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago but my partner had his last week they have said they are treating our application as a joint application because of are a family so we will receive the information regarding if we have got the job or not together. Mazen seemed happy with our interviews so fingers crossed. I guess it's just a waiting game, but I have read on here that Dubai is full. What were your locations if you don't mind me asking? Take care and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachLoops View Post
Hello. I also had my 2nd interview via Skype with Mazen and am waiting to hear back. I hope it's soon! It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one still waiting. When did you have your interview?
Sakm123 is offline  
Advertisement
07-04-2014, 18:56   #1405
PeachLoops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakm123 View Post
Hi, Me too.. Hopefully we will both be successful. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago but my partner had his last week they have said they are treating our application as a joint application because of are a family so we will receive the information regarding if we have got the job or not together. Mazen seemed happy with our interviews so fingers crossed. I guess it's just a waiting game, but I have read on here that Dubai is full. What were your locations if you don't mind me asking? Take care and good luck.
Fingers crossed you and your partner get through! The waiting is agonising I was interviewed around 2 weeks ago. Location-wise I would like anywhere in the UAE - would quite like Sharjah. All the best let me know if you hear back
PeachLoops is offline  
Thanks from:
08-04-2014, 20:39   #1406
Roismagosh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mayo.
Posts: 13
The point is to go out to UAE and experience something. This also gives us the chance to gain valuable teaching experience that we wouldn't have an opportunity in Ireland. It's not just about money but thanks for that valuable piece of advice.
Roismagosh is offline  
21-04-2014, 20:23   #1407
PeachLoops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakm123 View Post
Hi guys, me and my partner and daughter are looking to move to Dubai, Alain or Sharjah we are both teachers and have had interviews with sabis recently , we are not sure which area yet but they were our options. We hope to get Dubai because it's closer to family who are already living out there. Does anyone know how long it is until you received the offer from them after your second interviews? We were interviewed by a really nice man called mazzen.
Hello! Just wondering of you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting... Patiently! Haha.
PeachLoops is offline  
22-04-2014, 12:27   #1408
Johnnythefox4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 88
Nope, nothing yet. Will probably be May before we hear anything.
Johnnythefox4 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet