Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV Connect residential customer base acquired by Vodafone Ireland

Comments

Anyone have any updates when we will receive these new modems, mine is starting to play up so the VF modem will save me a few quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

chasm wrote: »
    I'm not a VF bill pay customer but they offered a 3 euro discount on top of my package - still dearer than what UTV was though :(

is the €3 discount a once off thing for first month or continous i get feelings it just off first bill only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Am I right in thinking that Vodafones contracts are 24 months as opposed to the more usual 12 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Am I right in thinking that Vodafones contracts are 24 months as opposed to the more usual 12 months?

I signed up with Vodafone (from UTV Connect) over the phone yesterday for 18 months.

Went for the Vodafone Home for €40 pm. instead of the Vodafone Home Extra.

Was supposed to get a confirmation text or email afterwards but nothing received so far..........hope this is not a sign of things to come!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I signed up and got no text until the order was complete, some 24hrs late. Still having issue as I haven't got any word on when the Fibre will be installed and My Vodafone has a different package than the one I signed up for. So waiting on final word on those issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sully wrote: »
    I signed up and got no text until the order was complete, some 24hrs late. Still having issue as I haven't got any word on when the Fibre will be installed and My Vodafone has a different package than the one I signed up for. So waiting on final word on those issues.
    Were you with UTV Connect?

If so you don't need to have your line changed unless it wasn't fibre. You just need to wait until they change over on the 1st July and then order the package you want.

Their customer service is horrendous, I spent over half an hour yesterday before I finally got talking to somebody who knew their job. He explained to me that my best option was to wait until July 1st and then pick the best package to suit.

i contacted utv who put me through to vodafone aparently to a dept that is dealing with utv customers, in fairness the girl knew what was going on, however im trying to sort out my parents transfer, im happy with what im getting however my folks originally changed from eircom to utv to get the uk calls however they arent getting this at all with vodafone deal, so what they have been offered is vodafone home peak value or something on the letter but on vodafones system its home max, seems to be a total mess, im trying to get them same deal as they are offering me so they are to ring me back tomorrow, i get a feeling this wont be a simple transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I was a UTV customer for quite a while and had their @utvinternet.com email address as my email address since then.

Got emails from UTV back in March saying that they were upgrading their security system and that if I wanted to keep the address as a non-customer I'd have to pay €25 a year for the privilege. Contacted them soon afterwards to be told that they were behind in dealing with it and would contact me to arrange this. Didn't hear a thing since.

Contacted them today to be told that they would not be keeping the @utvinternet.com addresses after the end of the month :eek::eek::eek: If I hadn't called them I never would have known.

Coincidentally (or not), I can't get into that email account since this morning!! Maybe they've killed the account already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whopper75

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Coincidentally (or not), I can't get into that email account since this morning!! Maybe they've killed the account already.

They've been actively deleting E-mail accounts for over a month now. Did they not tell you? You may have thought it was a billing notification, but it may have been a warning message about the E-mail service discontinuing.

I'd be prepared to come to terms with the fact that the account is indeed probably deleted now just as for the others that have posted here on the forums already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Whopper75 wrote: »
    They've been actively deleting E-mail accounts for over a month now. Did they not tell you? You may have thought it was a billing notification, but it may have been a warning message about the E-mail service discontinuing.

I'd be prepared to come to terms with the fact that the account is indeed probably deleted now just as for the others that have posted here on the forums already.

No, haven't heard a thing from them. I'm no longer with them so I don't get any billing notifications. Thats why I contacted them today.

The last email that I got was on April 4th stating that the deadline for response was April 6th - I had contacted them after the first email back on January 20th. A few weeks after my initial contact using the online form, I called them to be told that there was a backlog and that they would call me in the next week or so. No call. I've called twice more since then, the last time being today. They told me that email accounts would cease at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Mine was disabled two weeks ago while I was in the US on hols. I thought I had screwed it up by putting in an incorrect password checking the webmail while overseas.

When I came home last week I phoned UTV support and they turned my email account back on but said it would be deleted on July 1st

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eagle eye wrote: »
    Were you with UTV Connect?

If so you don't need to have your line changed unless it wasn't fibre. You just need to wait until they change over on the 1st July and then order the package you want.

Their customer service is horrendous, I spent over half an hour yesterday before I finally got talking to somebody who knew their job. He explained to me that my best option was to wait until July 1st and then pick the best package to suit.

Yup, but by waiting until July I would have been switched into the incorrect package. There is nothing stopping Vodafone taking us over before. Just ring the Sales line and it will be grand. It didn't take long in the end, I just asked to deal with the same sales rep I had dealt with when I first inquired about how it would all work and what price plans would work. I got through to Sales quickly and Customer Care today quickly. Vodafone on Boards were sluggish at responding.

I'll know what the craic is tomorrow eitherway, I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AyJay

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i contacted utv who put me through to vodafone aparently to a dept that is dealing with utv customers, in fairness the girl knew what was going on, however im trying to sort out my parents transfer, im happy with what im getting however my folks originally changed from eircom to utv to get the uk calls however they arent getting this at all with vodafone deal, so what they have been offered is vodafone home peak value or something on the letter but on vodafones system its home max, seems to be a total mess, im trying to get them same deal as they are offering me so they are to ring me back tomorrow, i get a feeling this wont be a simple transfer

I got a letter too a wee while back. When I rang Vodafone, the guy there said that the packages they were offering in their letters were ones specifically designed for UTVInternet customers and weren't available on their website.

so vodafone rang me back and i cant change my parents package as this is what utv deemed to be the equivalent, which it isnt my parents switched purely for the uk calls now they dont have any uk calls included at all, vodafone said only way to change is to take up one of their packages and no €3 discount, utv are a crowd of you know whats they have completly screwed over my parents account

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

Got a call from a guy in vodaphone at 4pm to confirm my package. It turns out now that if I want my anytime unlimited calls to Irish landlines and Uk landlines in my package that I already pay 43 euro for I have to now pay 47 euro. So in essence for the package I have with UTV which I might add is still in a contract I have to pay more to Vodaphone if I want it. I was then told that if I was not happy with this I could go to another ISP. Customer gets screwed over again in this great little country of ours.

• Advertisement

INFODAD wrote: »
    Got a call from a guy in vodaphone at 4pm to confirm my package. It turns out now that if I want my anytime unlimited calls to Irish landlines and Uk landlines in my package that I already pay 43 euro for I have to now pay 47 euro. So in essence for the package I have with UTV which I might add is still in a contract I have to pay more to Vodaphone if I want it. I was then told that if I was not happy with this I could go to another ISP. Customer gets screwed over again in this great little country of ours.

I don't see a big issue with it tbh. Vodafone & Sky offer the best value and price points for packages. UTV didn't have a big base anyway, but seemed to have decent plans that undercut the others. But you hardly expect another provider to offer you the same plan, surely?

I don't see a big issue with it tbh. Vodafone & Sky offer the best value and price points for packages. UTV didn't have a big base anyway, but seemed to have decent plans that undercut the others. But you hardly expect another provider to offer you the same plan, surely?

the whole idea was that they offer as close of package as possible within reason to what they had, now my package is better as i get 100mins to call uk, but they arent getting this and now vodafone/utv said they cant offer this

Without sounding rude I bloody well do expect the same plan for the same price if I decieded to change my mind and say halfway through a contract pay less that the agreed price I would be hung out to dry by the service provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Finally got a call back from Vodafone today. After being a utv and Vodafone bill pay customer for 10 odd years, the are prepared to offer me feck all. They are putting me on the most expensive package and if I want to change it, I will be locked into new contract. I asked if there was any discount for existing Vodafone mobile customers and was told that I was on the "wrong package" so couldn't offer me anything. I guess you get nothing for being loyal. It'll be bye bye Vodafone from me and thanks for nothing.

same ****e im dealing with too, my parents had the free evening and weekend calls national and uk, now they arent been offered any uk calls, utv couldnt care less and vodafone said i can try another service provider also, but yet and all im getting a decent package and i dont even use my phone, i tried to get them to offer 100mins to uk on top of what they have stated on letter but no go, for €37 im being offered
    *unlimited bb
    *unlimited off peak calls to roi landlines
    *200 off peak to voda mobiles
    *100mins to irish mobiles, international landlines
    *free modem
    *rental included

my parents are being offered for €37
    *unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

surely to get a customer they could offer this extra

• Advertisement

same ****e im dealing with too, my parents had the free evening and weekend calls national and uk, now they arent been offered any uk calls, utv couldnt care less and vodafone said i can try another service provider also, but yet and all im getting a decent package and i dont even use my phone, i tried to get them to offer 100mins to uk on top of what they have stated on letter but no go, for €37 im being offered
    *unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

*unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

Yep with my package with utv it's anytime to uk and ireland landlines

With voda phone it's off peak 7pm to 7am no good for me

They also offered 200 mins off peak to vodaphone mobiles which I don't need.

I ask if they could take away the 200 mins to voda mobiles and give me anytime irish/uk landline they said NO

Looks like I'm going to have to go to SKY since voda and utv are trying to squeeze more money from me in this nice little takeover. What's happened to looking after your customers in this kip of a country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

We'll I have to say, I'm scoring out of this switch from UTV to Vodafone. I was paying €48 pm to UTV for anytime UK and ROI calls plus unlimited BB, plus 100 mins to any network mobiles. In the letter I got from Vodafone, they are putting me on their Vodafone Home Max package from July 1 costing €55 per month. This package includes anytime UK and ROI calls, unlimited BB on fibre, 200 mins mobiles or international landlines, 30 mins to mobiles in Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK. I rang them today to tell them that I was also a Vodafone Red Billpay mobile customer and a very nice guy, informed me that this will entitle me to a €10 discount from July 1 and all of the above will cost €45 pm, €3 cheaper than what I was paying ! By the way, line rental and new modem are also included.

Sounds like you are going to get a pretty decent deal out of what you were paying nice one well at least someone is going to get something out of it.

the whole idea was that they offer as close of package as possible within reason to what they had, now my package is better as i get 100mins to call uk, but they arent getting this and now vodafone/utv said they cant offer this

Well they offered us a plan that was miles away from what we had with UTV. The plan I am now on now is pretty much what the plan I was on and isn't much more expensive. I guess I didn't really expect them to offer the exact same plan, and assumed when they weren't I would have the option to move to another provider.
    Without sounding rude I bloody well do expect the same plan for the same price if I decieded to change my mind and say halfway through a contract pay less that the agreed price I would be hung out to dry by the service provider.

The company decided to leave the market. Instead of just abandoning ship, they passed the customer base onto Vodafone who matched the UTV plans with similar Vodafone plans. It hasn't really worked well, it would appear, so calling up the customer care is the best way of identifying what package suits you and if none work, you can shop around and leave UTV/Vodafone. You're far from being 'hung out to dry' by UTV or Vodafone, to be fair. Nobody really competed with UTV for plans anyway.
    Yep with my package with utv it's anytime to uk and ireland landlines

With voda phone it's off peak 7pm to 7am no good for me

They also offered 200 mins off peak to vodaphone mobiles which I don't need.

I ask if they could take away the 200 mins to voda mobiles and give me anytime irish/uk landline they said NO

Looks like I'm going to have to go to SKY since voda and utv are trying to squeeze more money from me in this nice little takeover. What's happened to looking after your customers in this kip of a country

I was being charged €40~ for anytime calls, including UK calls, plus unlimited BB with UTV. I was offered an off peak plan in the letter, for about €30 odd. I switched up to the €47.50 plan and got the same package I always had, pretty much.

Well they offered us a plan that was miles away from what we had with UTV. The plan I am now on now is pretty much what the plan I was on and isn't much more expensive. I guess I didn't really expect them to offer the exact same plan, and assumed when they weren't I would have the option to move to another provider.

The company decided to leave the market. Instead of just abandoning ship, they passed the customer base onto Vodafone who matched the UTV plans with similar Vodafone plans. It hasn't really worked well, it would appear, so calling up the customer care is the best way of identifying what package suits you and if none work, you can shop around and leave UTV/Vodafone. You're far from being 'hung out to dry' by UTV or Vodafone, to be fair. Nobody really competed with UTV for plans anyway.

I was being charged €40~ for anytime calls, including UK calls, plus unlimited BB with UTV. I was offered an off peak plan in the letter, for about €30 odd. I switched up to the €47.50 plan and got the same package I always had, pretty much.

No I said if I broke a contract or changed it Im sure they would send me nice legal letters. And they are not MATCHING plans. They are changing plans I'm not happy to pay more for the same sorry that's just me I think if more people did this and shopped around good old ireland would be a better place for the consumer instead people just settle but it's their choice to make I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

No I said if I broke a contract or changed it Im sure they would send me nice legal letters. And they are not MATCHING plans. They are changing plans I'm not happy to pay more for the same sorry that's just me I think if more people did this and shopped around good old ireland would be a better place for the consumer instead people just settle but it's their choice to make I suppose.

I don't feel they are matching plans either, they seem to put you on a dearer plan and it seems in some cases i have read about that when you opt for the cheaper one(which is more similar to your previous UTV package) they nab your for an 18 month contract. Anyone else found this?

By law, if your price plan changes within a contract you can exit from your contract without penalty. Good old Ireland has you well looked after in that area. The Vodafone letter confirms we can move.
    I don't feel they are matching plans either, they seem to put you on a dearer plan and it seems in some cases i have read about that when you opt for the cheaper one(which is more similar to your previous UTV package) they nab your for an 18 month contract. Anyone else found this?

For me, I was put on a cheaper plan. It wasn't suitable.

At the end of the day, I suspect if you want to stick with Vodafone you have to pick a package from their list they have for every customer. There isn't UTV specific plans. And that's exactly why people can leave their contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I forgot to mention, if any of you do opt for the €10 per month discount for being a Vodafone Red Bill Pay customer, the guy on the phone said that would tie you into a 24 month contract. I hope this move to Vodafone all works out, I've been with them for years for their mobile service and never had a problem. However I've also been with UTV for landline and broadband for years and never had a problem with them either.

galtee boy wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, if any of you do opt for the €10 per month discount for being a Vodafone Red Bill Pay customer, the guy on the phone said that would tie you into a 24 month contract. I hope this move to Vodafone all works out, I've been with them for years for their mobile service and never had a problem. However I've also been with UTV for landline and broadband for years and never had a problem with them either.

2 years Jesus best of luck

*unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

*unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

Deaglan, I just read my Vodafone letter and I am being offered EXACTLY the same as you but they are going to charge me €40 for it. Anyone else think that they are just making it up as they go?

• Advertisement

AyJay wrote: »
    Deaglan, I just read my Vodafone letter and I am being offered EXACTLY the same as you but they are going to charge me €40 for it. Anyone else think that they are just making it up as they go?

Yes you hit the nail on the head it's makey uppy land alright the old (aaa sure it will be grand) just throw anything there way it's as clear as mud and it was no better today when they rang me as in (vodaphone)they just said it's utv responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ipnet

ED E wrote: »
    You'll be able to use your own gear. You need to set it to open a PPPoE connection with:
    [email]vodafone at vodafone.ie[/email]
    broadband

If your router is just a router you'll need to bridge a DSL modem, if its a gateway with both then you'll need to set the adsl settings too:
    LLC Snap encoding
    Vpi 8
    Vci 35
    If applicable set auto between adsl and asld2+

I suspect vodafone may well.keep the utv pppoe details alive for a good while to save hassle.

Looks as if the VF service has been activated on UTV lines in the last 24 hours. You can connect with the credentials above using your existing DSL modem.

UTV are saying there will be a period between now and 1st of July where you use either service. After that the UTV service will disappear.

As requested I can confirm that Vodafone will honour your Anytime talk package. They acknowledge that a mistake was made in the offer they mailed to people where they were offered off peak calls but in fact they should have been offered the Anytime talk package

above comes from UTV admin

Hey Guys

I got this today from UTV after THEY contacted me about the anytime call problem. They said last night I would have to pay more if I wanted this as you can see in my previous posts. but from the phone call today at 1245 that is not the case. I was then transferred to a vodaphone admin I explained the postion im in and what UTV said she stated that if when vodaphone take over I don't get the anytime calls UK/IRE I can produce the email from UTV and they(vodaphone) will have to honour it. I have recorded all the people and info I have been given and hopefully when they say calls are recorded they actually are. it look like im going to get my anytime calls UK/IRE after all for €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

As requested I can confirm that Vodafone will honour your Anytime talk package. They acknowledge that a mistake was made in the offer they mailed to people where they were offered off peak calls but in fact they should have been offered the Anytime talk package

above comes from UTV admin

Hey Guys

I got this today from UTV after THEY contacted me about the anytime call problem. They said last night I would have to pay more if I wanted this as you can see in my previous posts. but from the phone call today at 1245 that is not the case. I was then transferred to a vodaphone admin I explained the postion im in and what UTV said she stated that if when vodaphone take over I don't get the anytime calls UK/IRE I can produce the email from UTV and they(vodaphone) will have to honour it. I have recorded all the people and info I have been given and hopefully when they say calls are recorded they actually are. it look like im going to get my anytime calls UK/IRE after all for €40.

Hi Infodad, apologies for being a pain but would you mind reposting exactly what you are/will be getting for your 40e. I'm on my phone and connection is a bit flaky at the moment. Thanks

Hi Infodad, apologies for being a pain but would you mind reposting exactly what you are/will be getting for your 40e. I'm on my phone and connection is a bit flaky at the moment. Thanks

Yes of course as follows

Unlimited broadband usage allowance with up to 100mb download speed

Unlimited off peak call to irish LL ( wasn't happy)

200 off peak minutes to call vodaphone mobiles ( won't use)

100 minutes to call irish mobiles or int LL in over 20 countries ( 100 mobiles for me)

Free modem included

Line rental included

All for €40

Told them I wanted anytime calls uk/ire Land Lines. They said no at first but from the post before this they have had a change of heart.

ipnet wrote: »
    Looks as if the VF service has been activated on UTV lines in the last 24 hours. You can connect with the credentials above using your existing DSL modem.

UTV are saying there will be a period between now and 1st of July where you use either service. After that the UTV service will disappear.

How can you connect with those details?

Surely you will need a new password and user for Vodafone?

my parents are getting screwed over basically ive had to take out the vodafone home package for them at €40, that gives them
    *unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

**** deal but its best value as they need the uk calls, 12 month contract and going to use existing hub, if i wanted free hub its 18 month contract, also quoted 15mbits on standard dsl and 12mbits on fibre vdsl, sticking with dsl, tried to squeeze at least off peak local and national no go, tried utv again and they promised to ring me back of course got no phone call and got passed from pillar to post, its done now, im also guessing that with my own line when it automatically transfers to voda on 1st july as im getting free hub its an 18month contract also

my parents are getting screwed over basically ive had to take out the vodafone home package for them at €40, that gives them
    *unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

**** deal but its best value as they need the uk calls, 12 month contract and going to use existing hub, if i wanted free hub its 18 month contract, also quoted 15mbits on standard dsl and 12mbits on fibre vdsl, sticking with dsl, tried to squeeze at least off peak local and national no go, tried utv again and they promised to ring me back of course got no phone call and got passed from pillar to post, its done now, im also guessing that with my own line when it automatically transfers to voda on 1st july as im getting free hub its an 18month contract also

Thats a good point,

Are we all being put on new contracts?

If thats the case im out, im not going to be stuck with vodafone for 18 months!

*unlimited bb
    *free modem
    *rental included

Funny you say if you get a new hub you are in an 18 month contract. I asked a vodaphone admin what length of contract I would be on I was told it's a 30 day rolling contract I said to him it's not a 3G hub was it and he said no it's was a fixed line router. I'm glad I've recorded all the names dates and times of the conversations I've had with both sides cause if this thing goes South I have lots of ammo for my complaint but heres hoping it will all work out. If I was you I would insist on my package as it was with no compromise it's your right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ipnet

How can you connect with those details?

Surely you will need a new password and user for Vodafone?

No, seems as if it's the same fixed username and password for everyone.

In addition it seems it will work even if you have a fixed IP package (which is 6 euro a month with VF compared to 3.50 with UTV)

ipnet wrote: »
    No, seems as if it's the same fixed username and password for everyone.

In addition it seems it will work even if you have a fixed IP package (which is 6 euro a month with VF compared to 3.50 with UTV)

How do you log on then?

My UTV account would be csXXXXXX@adsl.utvinternet.ie

For Vodafone it would be? csXXXXXX@??????????????

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How do you log on then?

My UTV account would be csXXXXXX@adsl.utvinternet.ie

For Vodafone it would be? csXXXXXX@??????????????

You dont need individual details for Vodafone or eircom. They do it via the port you're connected to in the exchange.

vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband

Thats all you need. Rest is done "automagically".

i think this video sums up our experience with the transition

I'm still waiting to be connected to Vodafone and I placed the order a week ago now! Today I was told it would be another day or two, because there waiting for a task to be completed before my order can be accepted. Funnily enough, when I said 'Oh right, so it might take two days so' the chap said 'No, should take a day or two'.

There all nice people and quick to answer, but jesus there is a shambles getting us all setup. Surely it's the same procedure to switch as if I was moving from Eircom or Sky? I'm calling, telling them the package I want, providing my direct debit details, contact details and UAN number.

I'm still waiting to be connected to Vodafone and I placed the order a week ago now! Today I was told it would be another day or two, because there waiting for a task to be completed before my order can be accepted. Funnily enough, when I said 'Oh right, so it might take two days so' the chap said 'No, should take a day or two'.

There all nice people and quick to answer, but jesus there is a shambles getting us all setup. Surely it's the same procedure to switch as if I was moving from Eircom or Sky? I'm calling, telling them the package I want, providing my direct debit details, contact details and UAN number.

Your right nice people but I think we know more about the whole set up procedure. To be honest most of the admins I've been speaking too sound very young and in some but not all not too bright. So much for a seemless transition hey. It's not rocket science.

• Advertisement

Folks, just in case anyone is looking to jump ship to another provider, your UAN can be found on the header of the call itemisation section on your statements. It's very small writing and UTV refer to it as Eircom Account Ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Can you leave your line rental with eircom and move to Vodafone or Sky from UTV for just the broadband ? Doesn't seem like you can !

Squiggle wrote: »
    Can you leave your line rental with eircom and move to Vodafone or Sky from UTV for just the broadband ? Doesn't seem like you can !

No don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whopper75

Squiggle wrote: »

I had Broadband with UTV for years but line rental was always through Eircom. Most packages now include rental but I don't think they can assume rental control of your line until you confirm it with Eircom who should call you if Sky /Vodafone attempt to take it over. Just tell Eircom not to recind control and they won't. Your broadband service with whomever won't be affected regardless of who you're renting the line from.

It may be best to call eircom about it first in case things have changed however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

So I am being transferred to Vodafone - no thanks!!! With no prospect of fibre anytime soon I am off to Total Wireless!

€39 per month for unlimited with speeds of up to 8mb (min 5mb) which is twice what I have with utv. Rolling one month contract.

Good timing for me!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement