Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weights Bench

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

0000879k wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for an okay weights bench for home use, nothing fancy, just a teenage lad hoping to tone up a bit.

I've searched DoneDeal and Adverts.ie but there is nothing great close to where I live, and I'm not willing to travel great distances for it.

Naturally then I thought about Argos and saw these which look okay but I really don't know if these are worth buying or not, max I can afford is about €130.

1. Bench with 30kg weights set, €64.99
    2. Olympic weight bench with 35kg weight set, €129.99
    3. Multi-use workout bench, €73.49
    4. Maximuscle 2-in-1 Barbell and Ab Bench with Arm Curl, €76.99

Obviously, I would prefer the cheaper options but at the end of the day I want something half-decent

Note: I have a 30kg weight set with dumbbell and barbell so not too pushed about not getting weights with it

Go for the highest quality one you can afford and your going to need more weight than 30kg .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Most of those flat packs and thin steel benches are rickety sh*te. Get one with tubular or decent steel that feels sturdy and good padding. Check amazon reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Do u even use the 30kg u already have? I know u don't as otherwise you would be looking for 120kg plus as a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

john_cappa wrote: »
    Do u even use the 30kg u already have? I know u don't as otherwise you would be looking for 120kg plus as a minimum.

I use them for dumbbells, I don't really use the barbell

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

a teenage lad hoping to tone up a bit
    A bench is not essential. I have the use of a cheap bench like the ones you posted and never use it, too flimsy feeling & rickety. Takes up too much space too.

At home I do pushups & dips on gymnastic rings hanging from a chinup bar. There are railings I do dips on in a few places in my area. This would be in place of doing bench pressing.

All those sets have vinyl weights, I would only get iron plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

I use them for dumbbells, I don't really use the barbell

Do you intend to use the barbell? If not, I'd guess a dumbbell bench is cheaper. Although you're probably better off having the option down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have you thought about this OP?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82777869

Cheaper than any bench, or use it while you're saving for quality.

Also, you may want to check out this guy's channel:

He uses a floor instead of a bench and substitutes common household furniture for workout equipment. Likely not ideal, but it might be the kind of thing you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I hope the hat isn't compulsory...

endacl wrote: »
    I hope the hat isn't compulsory...

That depends on how insecure you are about being bald.

• Advertisement
Advertisement