Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Bars -Calisthenics Bodyweight Training

Options
  • 19-01-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So a few of us on boards have had this group going the last few months. It's going really well and there's been lots of improvements. Were trying to recruit more people to get involved so if any of you would like to join us feel free to come along. We cater for all levels of ability for both men and women.

Where: Cabinteely Park(Co. Dublin) at the Pull Up bars.
    When: Every Saturday at 12pm.

Here's some videos of what we do. (Oh btw I'm not responsible for the music so my apologies in advance:D ).

vXWU3ZwQGAM

K5iN5mJYzc0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

It's free btw. Can't beat free in a recession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ferike1 wrote: »
    It's free btw. Can't beat free in a recession.

We still in a recession?! :D

Apparently so. Lost decade like Japan dontcha know.

Regardless, even if it wasn't a recession still free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Taxable

This is so cool. Should be everywhere... Different heights to get people get into it... ...and maybe tips for the bands and rings to use...

They have it in St. Catherine's Park in Lucan now... Just wish it was closer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Taxable wrote: »
    This is so cool. Should be everywhere... Different heights to get people get into it... ...and maybe tips for the bands and rings to use...

They have it in St. Catherine's Park in Lucan now... Just wish it was closer...

Must check that park in Lucan out. Cheers for letting us know.

While I'm here, just an update to say we trained in Ballyfermot last Saturday at 9:30am and we will be training there again this Saturday same time. Everyone welcome.

• Advertisement

Went for a spin out to Lucan this evening to check out the bars there. No dip bars but better than nothing.

For anyone interested in going to Lucan, access to the bars are not through the main entrance to St Catherine's Park. You have to drive towards the Gaa club and drive into Glendale housing estate. You can park in the estate and you will see the bars once you walk into the park.

Here's a photo.

After chatting to the Bar Clan from Waterford, Paddy's Bars now has a Facebook page if you'd like to have a look :D

https://www.facebook.com/PaddysBars

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Looove Bodyweight training...just found you...but you are a bit far for me :(
    Do you accept small woman to train?? :D cause am small, a bit injured but want to get back stronger....

Looove Bodyweight training...just found you...but you are a bit far for me :(
    Do you accept small woman to train?? :D cause am small, a bit injured but want to get back stronger....

Everyone is welcome, we cater for all levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Ireland needs more of these :)

photo.jpg

• Advertisement

Paddy's Bars will be meeting in Ballyfermot Park at 9:30am tomorrow morning. Everyone is welcome... :)

Ferike1 and 1 of our regulars are missing tomorrow so we will have a lighter than normal session, which is a perfect opportunity for new people to come along and try out some moves.

Whaaaaaat. I always make our sessions light. :P

Whaaaaaat. I always make our sessions light. :P

With you gone I'll look deadly :p:p:p Sloppy muscle ups all over the shop:D:D

Surprisingly expensive!

http://www.onlyoutdoors.ie/packages/3-piece-calisthenics-set.html

€1900 for the pieces and €1600 for the installation. Wonder if we raise the money will phoenix park install it :P

Still a whole lot cheaper than the crappy moving part installations.

Surprisingly expensive!

€1900 for the pieces and €1600 for the installation. Wonder if we raise the money will phoenix park install it :P

How about we raise the money and stick it in my garden:D:D:D the installation is the easy part. Did you see Alkavadlo and his bro made their own bars from scaffold poles and scaffold clamps and just dug the ground and filled it with concrete.

http://www.alkavadlo.com/2010/10/25/building-a-backyard-pull-up-bar/

Haha and when the group expands and we are getting 10+ people each week will you also provide the snacks?

Haha and when the group expands and we are getting 10+ people each week will you also provide the snacks?

Yeah I'll have the BBQ on with the PWO meals ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bar Clan

Did someone say BBQ????

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Surprisingly expensive!

Send an email to the OPW they run the Phoenix Park. It's a joke the Phoenix Park is the biggest open park in Europe & there is nothing like this in it! Fair play to you lads for organising this group must be good craic. Do you still run it when its pissing rain?

Send an email to the OPW they run the Phoenix Park. It's a joke the Phoenix Park is the biggest open park in Europe & there is nothing like this in it! Fair play to you lads for organising this group must be good craic. Do you still run it when its pissing rain?

I emailed the Phoenix Park already but they basically said it will be passed on bla bla bla no money bla bla bla. Yeah we've trained nearly every Sarurday since we started. We've actually been lucky with the weather, hasn't rained that much when we've been there. Was fairly cold over the Xmas but we just layered up. Gona keep sending emails to local Td's etc until we get some help.

• Advertisement

We are just trying to get as many people involved as possible, make videos etc to show that there is an interest in this sort of training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

When are ye going back to Cabinteely?

Zamboni wrote: »
    When are ye going back to Cabinteely?

We vary locations depending on peoples availability etc. If your interested in popping along for a session let us know.

Short vid we made today. You can see our blunders trying to time the press-ups. Muscle up technique is slowly improving, need to get a few more pointers from ferike1. On the up side I got my first low bar muscle up, which is a lot harder than it looks.

Ballyfermot park this Saturday at 9:30 am

Hope to see some fresh faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Surprisingly expensive!

€1900 for the pieces and €1600 for the installation.
    It is very expensive, but better & nowhere near the €29,000 they spent on the 6 crappy items in sandycove

http://www.herald.ie/news/city-suburb-gets-outdoor-gym-despite-protests-by-angry-locals-27998286.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

rubadub wrote: »
    It is very expensive, but better & nowhere near the €29,000 they spent on the 6 crappy items in sandycove

http://www.herald.ie/news/city-suburb-gets-outdoor-gym-despite-protests-by-angry-locals-27998286.html

€9,000 for equipment and 20 grand split up between "the lads"...

This is why there is no money for phoenix park. Because its spent on sh*te like this.

Big news everyone, we have been asked by the OPW to put together a business proposal for a potential installation of Calisthenics equipment in Phoenix Park.

We will be working on this over the next week and we could really use your support. If you haven't already liked our facebook page please do. The more interest we can drum up for this the better chance we have for this to actually happen!

https://www.facebook.com/PaddysBars?ref=hl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Big news everyone, we have been asked by the OPW to put together a business proposal for a potential installation of Calisthenics equipment in Phoenix Park.

We will be working on this over the next week and we could really use your support. If you haven't already liked our facebook page please do. The more interest we can drum up for this the better chance we have for this to actually happen!

https://www.facebook.com/PaddysBars?ref=hl

Fair play lads really hope this happens. Fingers crossed they could sort something out for the start of the summer.

Advertisement