Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Dr Robert wrote: »
    Have all the boxes being sent yet Aqua?

I didn't get a text yet but I'm assuming tomorrow or the next day?

Cheers

Looking forward to getting set up!

Yes, all were sent out on Friday, as with previous order, those in Dublin started getting them from late Saturday evening on surrounding areas then on Sunday, rest of the country was Monday then.

Yours is currently on route to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dr Robert

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes, all were sent out on Friday, as with previous order, those in Dublin started getting them from late Saturday evening on surrounding areas then on Sunday, rest of the country was Monday then.

Yours is currently on route to Galway

Excellent thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pjc.ie

Thanks Aquos76. Just pick mine up. Now the work begins to set it up. Idiot guides welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi Aquos76,
    I collected mine, thanks.

I ordered satelitte version but I see there is a small adapter....from your previous post you said that only sarview version comes with adpater..... Could you please confirm whether I got the corrrect one (I mean satelitte version)? you can PM if needed.

Thanks
    kpn

Quick question... I am a complete noob at this. Could someone point me the right way towards the cheapest box that would allow me to use what most people want the box for....ye know what i mean. On an unrelated note, I love films and sport.....

There's loads of options available on sites like aliexpress, wish.com etc. You can pay anything from €25-50+ and you get what you pay for, in most cases.

Look at the specs. These days I'd say you'd want to aim for a box with 1gb RAM and 8GB NAND as a minimum, although higher specs are preferable to future proof it a little. I have a year old little stick which cost me about €25 and still works fine, along with the WETEK play and M8S+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Basil3 wrote:
    There's loads of options available on sites like aliexpress, wish.com etc. You can pay anything from €25-50+ and you get what you pay for, in most cases.

Basil3 wrote:
    Look at the specs. These days I'd say you'd want to aim for a box with 1gb RAM and 8GB NAND as a minimum, although higher specs are preferable to future proof it a little. I have a year old little stick which cost me about €25 and still works fine, along with the WETEK play and M8S+.

Raspberry Pi would be my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If it came with a little adaptor then it's a saorview version, if it had none, then it's the satellite version. That's how I distinguish between them.

I got the adopter but ordered the satellite version. Can you please check the email from me confirming the order? We also discussed this on PM.

soirish wrote: »
    I got the adopter but ordered the satellite version. Can you please check the email from me confirming the order? We also discussed this on PM.

You definitely ordered a sat version and as far as I was concerned that's what you got, I only ordered 12 cable models and they were all marked separately,

The users who ordered the cable versions were

Cillers78 x 2
    Bonjo x 2
    Des O donoghue
    UsedToWait
    Clickhere
    Scrunch
    batesy
    Noxin
    Aquos76 x 2

And they were all processed first, The remaining ones were suppose to be all Sat version, if they weren't well then its Wetek's problem and I'm going to need to take it up with them. Lets wait and see how many more are incorrect before I get on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Picked mine up today thanks very much Aquos76:)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

@everyone

Can you confirm the cable tuner comes with RF IN/RF OUT and the satellite comes with ANT1 and ANT2?

DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner has RF IN and RF OUT.

DVB-S2 Tuner has ANT1 and ANT2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

I got Ant 1, Ant2 in mine....so I got the satelitte verision as requested...sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Aquos76 for the call and clarification.

regds
    kpn

At this stage 8 of the 12 saorview models have been confirmed as been correct, the other 4 have not been delivered yet. I have spoken to kpn and we have confirmed that his one is indeed the satellite model which he ordered. He thought the adaptor we were talking about was actually the power adaptor. He has checked his tuner for me and it has
    ANT1 and ANT2 on it which is the satellite tuner.

@soIrish

From the picture you have sent me, it also seems that you do indeed have the correct tuner installed but for some reason you got that little adaptor included. Thats obviously a packaging issue with wetek themselves

This is the adaptor we are talking about for anyone who doesnt know

506_coax-female-to-f-male.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Raspberry pi all day long. No question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Hi Folks, I know a lot of people were having trouble setting up tvheadend, me included up until 10 minutes ago.

When I was following the online tutorials on they just set up one the receivers which did not work for me. I set both of the receivers to the same satellite and I was then able to pick up the channels.

Hope this helps someone.

Peter.

Hi Folks, I know a lot of people were having trouble setting up tvheadend, me included up until 10 minutes ago.

When I was following the online tutorials on they just set up one the receivers which did not work for me. I set both of the receivers to the same satellite and I was then able to pick up the channels.

Hope this helps someone.

Peter.

Does anyone know how to use a tv tuner as well as the satellite tuner with Wetek play, both at the same time??

thanks in advance.

Peter.

Does anyone know how to use a tv tuner as well as the satellite tuner with Wetek play, both at the same time??

thanks in advance.

Peter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Buy a USB tuner for saorview.

any recommendations. Not having much luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

RossieMan wrote: »
    Buy a USB tuner for saorview.

When you do this, you'd still need a savor view antenna, am I correct in thinking that it wouldn't pick anything up from a sky disk input? Just want to be sure before I go hire someone to put up an antenna for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Quackles wrote: »
    When you do this, you'd still need a savor view antenna, am I correct in thinking that it wouldn't pick anything up from a sky disk input? Just want to be sure before I go hire someone to put up an antenna for me!

Correct, depending on where your located a simple rabbit ears or indoor antenna might be sufficent to pick up saorview, guys over in terrestial forum would be able to advise better on saorview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

just got mine thanks again aquos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Just turned mine on there and won't go past the welcome screen.the remote works but get past any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just turned mine on there and won't go past the welcome screen.the remote works but get past any ideas

This thread may have some help for you. Post #6 maybe??? Bit of fiddling with that one [do so at your own risk :confused:]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

tommycahir wrote: »
    Have a look in this thread where a forum member has posted a compressed version which is now only 1.2gb in size and he gives the twitter handle of the original creator -

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=458

Just so the mods are clear (as I was warned previously for giving advice on base kodi functionality!!) There should be no reason why the image can not be shared as it doesn't contain anything illegal just opensource software configured to a specific persons taste, if you choose to add certain items to enable access copyrighted material then that is up to you.

The link was offline since yesterday and is now back online @ http://wetek.getrpi.co.uk/Craig%20Wetek%20Image%2020160204/

Its pbnigma image which is 1.2gb and needs to be put on mSD card with win32diskimager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That pbnigma image is grand. Preferred my setup though so went back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

mines in the parcel motel, thanks Aquos , unfortunately the nearest one to me is 20 miles away, so wont get to pick it up till friends on night shift collect tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

padair wrote: »
    any recommendations. Not having much luck.

there was one linked for about 7 euro either at the beginning of this thread ot the wetek thread in android section :eek: :D

android thread wetek
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

GY A1 wrote: »
    there was one linked for about 7 euro either at the beginning of this thread ot the wetek thread in android section :eek: :D

android thread wetek
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921
    Been round the houses with this one myself!

Be really careful; even though the Wetek is running OpenELEC 6.0.1, the Linux kernel version on the Wetek is only 3.10 (for other devices the kernel is 4.1). Basically the DVB-T (terrestrial tuner) drivers are built into the kernel.
    This page is very useful for checking what tuner works:
    LinuxTV DVB-T USB Devices

I ended up getting a second hand PS3 PlayTV tuner for €18 in CeX. Seems to work OK, still (like many on this forum!) working out the bugs, but getting a single combined EPG for the Freesat and Saorview channels. I'm not bothered about OScam or any of that.
    The PlayTV is a dual tuner too, so can potentially watch one mux whilst recording another. Haven't set up recording yet though ... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement