Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5E5 - Kill The Boy - HAVE NOT READ the books.

Options
  • 11-05-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭

RIP Ser Barry, long live Grey Worm. Shoulda been t'other way round imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was looking forward to more Jamie and Bronn after 4 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Daenarys went full "mad king" burning the Master with her dragons

I'd feeling someone would get Greyscale with it being talked about so much, thought be Bronn as Stannis mentioned was a Dornish sailor that gave Shireen The toy infected with Greyscale..

Just as well Jorah got dragonscale though, his heart gonna break when he finds out Daenarys is engaged..

It was almost a touching story Roose gave Ramsay about his mother and knowing he Was his son when saw his eyes, take out the rape and the hanging of the husband ofcourse..
    And I've feeling Mrs Bolton is not gonna have a chance to have that baby..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Very enjoyable again this week. I particularly loved Stannis and his perfect grammar. The one true king, in order to lead effectively, needs to know the difference between 'less' and 'fewer'!!

Every scene with Davos and Shireen is too fecking Cute to handle
    We had Shireen teaching him to read in Season 3
    Now we had Davos "Promise you will protect me" to Shireen

Loved the first stone walking off the edge and into the water.. Very well done. Thought Daenerys would be getting sick of Meereen and would think about a move to Westeros but not yet I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Was a long wait after binging the 1st four but good to have it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

kinda sad to see Jorah get infected. As much as its painful watching him lusting in the friendzone the past few seasons, he is a good characther and with good intentions.

Looking forward to Ramseys and Sansa wedding. **** will go down as it is after all a game of thrones wedding :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wheeeelp, Jorah's ****ed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

ricero wrote: »
    kinda sad to see Jorah get infected. As much as its painful watching him lusting in the friendzone the past few seasons, he is a good characther and with good intentions.

Looking forward to Ramseys and Sansa wedding. **** will go down as it is after all a game of thrones wedding :eek:

Ordinarily I'd say that there's clearly a way to halt the spread of greyscale, seeing as Shireen is still alive, but I'd be foolish to get my hopes up.

Similarly with Theon, I expect him to die but I'm hoping he'll do something redemptive to help Sansa before he does.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Vojera wrote: »
    Ordinarily I'd say that there's clearly a way to halt the spread of greyscale, seeing as Shireen is still alive, but I'd be foolish to get my hopes up.

Stannis said he'd called in every maester he could to come up with a cure. I doubt Mormont will have the same resources available to him, so I'd say he's a goner. It's only a question of whether or not he redeems himself in the eyes of Daenerys before he pops his clogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Yeah, there's a way if you have a king for a brother and have a ****ton of cash.

Ser Friendzone has neither... and of course he's going to hide it and end up infecting everyone he comes across. Meereen is already a powder keg.. adding a plague to the mix isn't going to help Dany one bit.

mrkite77 wrote: »
    and of course he's going to hide it and end up infecting everyone he comes across. Meereen is already a powder keg.. adding a plague to the mix isn't going to help Dany one bit.
    Ooh, I never even thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

mrkite77 wrote: »
    adding a plague to the mix isn't going to help Dany one bit.

At least it might make her scenes interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

That was a touching father son moment with the Boltons.
    Right up there with Stannis and Shireen.

They have made Shireen even more adorable so far this season - something horrible is going to happen to her I know it :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I felt that episode particularly frustrating. I realise that with the amount of story lines that the time must be put into giving all relevant backgrounds, but at times, it is quite tedious!

On a positive note, I love the way the old woman looks out for Stanza. Especially in the previous episode when she stated that ' The north remembers', something thst was reiterated by that pr1ck Ramsey, so I'm assuming he'll get his when Stannis arrives.

Jon Snow is intriguing me. I have a theory about his lineage, something thst I feel is being alluded to more and more throughout the show. I don't know how to do spoilers on my phone so I'll leave it for now, but I've a feeling i may be correct.

Winter is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why did they go to that place with the stone men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

To avoid pirates, Lord Friendzone said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭bren2001

Because he was concerned about pirates so took the passage that was least likely to run into them. I thought this was a poor enough episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

As it was deserted there was less chance of coming across pirates. Tryion was held out of sight by Varis for most of the trip because of the potential for him to be recognized and kidnapped to bring to cercei.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm really loving Stannis this season, even before the scene with the daughter, something different about him this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

The natural downside of this story's high attrition rate is this show loses so many excellent actors every season. Mark Addy, Sean Bean, Michelle Fairly, Rory McCann, Charles Dance, Ciaran Hinds and now Ian McElhinney.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

wp_rathead wrote: »
    They have made Shireen even more adorable so far this season - something horrible is going to happen to her I know it :(:(

You just know she's going to be hit by a stray arrow or something at the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bren2001 wrote: »
    Because he was concerned about pirates so took the passage that was least likely to run into them. I thought this was a poor enough episode.

I'm really having trouble getting into this series. It doesn't seem to have taken off yet. Or maybe my expectations were too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

This season has been absolutely brilliant. Never thought we would see Valyria in the show.
    They've done a great job of building it up with each episode, I expect the last 5 episodes to be action packed with plenty of shockers :)
    Although shockers usually mean good characters dying, I'm devastated over Barriston Selmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

J. Marston wrote: »
    You just know she's going to be hit by a stray arrow or something at the battle.

Hopefully her mother will get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Some turn around for your man , one day you face being burned alive and eaten by dragons , then a cell and certain death....

Then suddenly your told your grand and also get to Marry the Queen and get the ride...say he's happy out..

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Some turn around for your man , one day you face being burned alive and eaten by dragons , then a cell and certain death....

Then suddenly your told your grand and also get to Marry the Queen and get the ride...say he's happy out..

Daenerys has definitely changed her tune from "I'll never love anyone but Drogo" to sleeping with Daario and now marrying your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Daenerys has definitely changed her tune from "I'll never love anyone but Drogo" to sleeping with Drogo and now marrying your man.

Love and sex are divisible.

Love and politically motivated marriage are certainly divisible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Irishcrx wrote: »

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how Daario Naharis takes that news.

Advertisement