Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    the scary is more an extension of "where the f* did the year go" than about being with him! it's early days yet like
    just feels like it all flew by

thanks, had a rehearsal with my friend yesterday and ran through some aural tests and stuff as well so im all set
    Happy days so

I've never really known what it's like to be all set for an exam - really need to nail into the study this week.

Couldn't get up early this morning though...I was buckled!

I'll try again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

+1 on the 'where did the year go?'
    Though that kind of statement always makes me feel rather old....
    Morning everyone :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

just the year? I'm missing a whole fecking decade!

sometimes i wake up thinking i've to get ready for school / college / work in places i don't work in anymore.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The years go quicker as you get older as year is less of your life as you age. When you are 10, one year is one tenth of your life time. It seems massive and you have no real deadlines or as much to occupy you. Think of being very small and how far away the summer holidays felt when it was October. Or on Stephen's Day how far away next Christmas felt. As you age you start having deadlines or things to focus on in future (paying off a loan, going on holiday next Summer etc). Plus a year has become far less of your life, one year is now one twenty-fifth of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

sometimes i wake up thinking i've to get ready for school / college / work in places i don't work in anymore.

:o

I just got an email from people in my old school, asking if I'd be interested in going to our 10 year re-union :eek:

It can't of been 10 years already!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I just got an email from people in my old school, asking if I'd be interested in going to our 10 year re-union :eek:

It can't of been 10 years already!

yeah my friend got one of those too
    it's 10.5 years for me
    got a shock at the time when i realised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I told my mate last night of my intention to give up the booze once 30 comes a knocking, his reply was "So long as you don't "find" fockin' Jesus or something I don't care!"..
    True friendship!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Huge +1 to the year having flown, I don’t where the time is gone!

I also. I turn thirty next year, and I know mathematically that’s correct, but I can’t help feeling like I missed a year or three along the way :eek:
    Panthro wrote: »
    I told my mate last night of my intention to give up the booze once 30 comes a knocking, his reply was "So long as you don't "find" fockin' Jesus or something I don't care!"..True friendship!
    LOL to his response! I would consider it, except that 30’s far too soon for me to do that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Panthro wrote: »
    I told my mate last night of my intention to give up the booze once 30 comes a knocking, his reply was "So long as you don't "find" fockin' Jesus or something I don't care!"..
    True friendship!:pac:

I said that.....

Turned 30.....

Realised that life was getting cool again.....

Drink and party like I'm 20 again......

Good times.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The years go quicker as you get older as year is less of your life as you age. When you are 10, one year is one tenth of your life time. It seems massive and you have no real deadlines or as much to occupy you. Think of being very small and how far away the summer holidays felt when it was October. Or on Stephen's Day how far away next Christmas felt. As you age you start having deadlines or things to focus on in future (paying off a loan, going on holiday next Summer etc). Plus a year has become far less of your life, one year is now one twenty-fifth of my life.

Death is only around the corner woohooo. That whole turning 30 thing is a load of bull, I'm 31 going on 19.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm 23. Jelly? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i feel like i've been going on 30 for years now.... :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im 26 and im only little!

I'm still young at 23 but then I realise it's 6 years since I finished school and it feels like alot longer!

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm 23. Jelly? ;)
    G'wan the 23's :D

I keep meeting kids that I used to babysit in pubs, drinking...
    Makes me feel so bloody old. And I'm not even 30 yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

wouldn't really like to go back to being 21 or so, it wasn't a good age for me. it's true, you get more confident the older you are

I keep meeting kids that I used to babysit in pubs, drinking...
    Makes me feel so bloody old. And I'm not even 30 yet :(

ah man, don't even go there. Had the shock of my life a few years ago.

Parents best friends, brought their daughter along to a family thing. Hadn't seen her in years. Used to babysit her and her brother. She used to have one of those little girl/young teenager crushes on me too.

She rocks up, my jaw dropped. Seriously hot, she had blossomed. Made me feel very old indeed.

Dr Galen wrote: »
    ah man, don't even go there. Had the shock of my life a few years ago.

Parents best friends, brought their daughter along to a family thing. Hadn't seen her in years. Used to babysit her and her brother. She used to have one of those little girl/young teenager crushes on me too.

She rocks up, my jaw dropped. Seriously hot, she had blossomed. Made me feel very old indeed.
    That story had a good twist but it's missing an ending.....is there something you're not telling us Doc?? :pac:

yeah actually

the part where wifey hit me a slap :pac:

• Advertisement

yeah actually

the part where wifey hit me a slap :pac:
    Damn....it had so much promise! :D

Pulling someone you used to babysit?
    That's just weird Paulie. Haha
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I was at an 18th there a while back....I still felt young till that moment. But in hindsight most people were spotty messes as opposed the the sophisticated and dapper twenteenager I am now ;)

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I was at an 18th there a while back....I still felt young till that moment. But in hindsight most people were spotty messes as opposed the the sophisticated and dapper twenteenager I am now ;)

Just wail until you're 30 and convincing yourself that the wee lines and wrinkles are 'laughter lines' and 'telling a story'. :(

Pulling someone you used to babysit?
    That's just weird Paulie. Haha
    :pac:
    Stranger things have happened Sauv :) - I've seen lecturers marry former students

i snogged an ex-teacher of mine once

Christian Brothers school?

Christians Brothers school?

Nah. There was no kissing that time.....

Nah. There was no kissing that time.....

Rough and ready. I like it.

• Advertisement

southpark_nice.png
    Christian Brothers school?

1009100_300.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement