Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Journal article

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Blank Firing Guns , Immitation Guns how can they be considered a firearm ???? :O ,Muskets are they serious

I like the way the number of air pistols was 177 haha

I like the way all articles on firearms in this country is VERY POSITIVE ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

TL:DR

Skimmed it and very little in reference to us other than the FPU, and the gun stats mentioned in the article.

Speaking of which, i'd would love to see figures of guns seized from people without a license compared to those "seized" from people with licenses or that were previously licensed on them. I mean who had these:
    • Light machine guns
    • Sub Machine guns
    • Assualt rifles
    • Stun Guns
    • CS gas

Also a distinction in the reasons. IOW were they "seized" because the owner no longer wanted them, from a poacher, owner died and the person wanted the gun gone, and of course from the criminal element. I mean any figures related to these alone can be ignored from our point of view:

I would also question the definition of some items.
    • Air pistols - Are they firearms or BB guns?
    • Air rifles - Same question.
    • Why distinguish between imitation pistols and imitation revolvers?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I particularly liked how the source of the seizures wasn't listed so we don't know what was "in use" and what was stolen goods...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Air pistols fire over 1 joule they can fire bb's and pellets same with air rifles cass

I really dont see why anyone would have a machine gun maybe a airsoft gun over 1 joule

Again very vague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

It's called "spin" apparently :rolleyes:

Make the facts fit your point of view type journalism :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Like Cass said, it's a pity that they don't break the figures down further to see how many of those guns seized were from licence holders.

That's what the shooting community should be judged on, and not the illegal firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I purchased a rifle a number of years ago for a lad who had surrendered his licence (as he no longer wished to shoot) and handed the gun into a RFD. Whoever did the paperwork behind the desk in the station where he handed in his licence marked it down as being seized !!!! Of course there was a big investigation into how this gun was in circulation again after being seized .... It took me a year and a half to get the licence for that rifle because of the gobsh1te that put it down as seized ... how many of these cases bolster up their figures???

Advertisement