Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

guys.. i downloaded the FightWeek app on Itunes last week, id highly recommend it if your thinking of going to the Expo... it gives times/locations for signing for every fighter going.. places that are holding events and maps too..very handy for when we arrive!

getting v excited now!

This will be my 3rd Vegas trip but first UFC event in Vegas. It was on the bucketlist to see an Irishman fight for a title in Vegas...does "Interim" count?? ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Stressed out so little time so much to do.

Wanna go expo pool party wlfy cleaf dropkick murphy's weight in fight card Invicta

Cant cope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like they are gonna open the full arena for the weigh ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tons of tickets left for Invicta on the Thursday night. Reckon I might grab a cheap one at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Tickets for early access to the weigh-in for Fight Club members are up in our accounts now to print off.

Just pre-registered for the Fight Week access pass. Looks to get you into a lot of free events too. Still haven't decided on the fan expo itself though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tons of tickets left for Invicta on the Thursday night. Reckon I might grab a cheap one at the door.

Close your eyes and spin around and I'd say you'll find a free ticket to the TUF finale being thrown your way...

Any spare for the weght in let me know id snap them up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like a few ufc heads going today lots of chat about ufc and a few t-shirts at U.S. Flight gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Going to the weigh ins, The IMMAF finals if any of the irish make it that far, the dropkicks gig and the HOF induction.

Around that will do a few other things but they are the ones i dont wanna miss,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Going to the weigh ins, The IMMAF finals if any of the irish make it that far, the dropkicks gig and the HOF induction.

Around that will do a few other things but they are the ones i dont wanna miss,

Are there brackets up for the ammy's. Interested to see what sort of numbers you'd have to get through, in say the lightweights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

johnpro wrote: »
    You'll see them all floating around the MGM, this was incredible the last time...I couldn't get over how approachable they were. We played blackjack with Bruce buffer, had lunch with Tim Kennedy and got to spend a good half hour chatting to Conor (day after the fight) The only guy who seemed slightly odd was urijah hall, we were having the crack with tony ferguson and he just stood there and didn't say a word

And yes, before anyone comments I'll get a brush and sweep up all the names I've just dropped :)

Lmao it must have been weird meeting Uriah Hall and finding out that he's EXACTLY as bizarre as you'd expect.

Mellor wrote: »
    Are there brackets up for the ammy's. Interested to see what sort of numbers you'd have to get through, in say the lightweights.
    http://www.immaf.org/2015-immaf-world-championships-brackets-schedule-day-1/

Gets updated each day with the next days fights.

If you scroll down you can find all the brackets

im going to the Expo on the friday and the weigh ins. Will have to leave the Expo around 2ish to get back up to the MGM for the fightclub members queue into the weigh ins at 2:30..

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Will have to leave the Expo around 2ish to get back up to the MGM for the fightclub members queue into the weigh ins at 2:30..

Optimistic...

I'm expecting a beast of a queue for the weigh ins, FC or not.

im going to the Expo on the friday and the weigh ins. Will have to leave the Expo around 2ish to get back up to the MGM for the fightclub members queue into the weigh ins at 2:30..
    Yeah i expect to leave there about 1-1.30 to head to the weigh ins

Is there going to realistically be anything worth seeing at the weigh ins?

Queuing up for hours to get an autograph is no fun. Most vendors have been squeezed out by Reebok and their ridiculous uniforms.

HOF induction I suppose might be worth seeing.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is there going to realistically be anything worth seeing at the weigh ins?

Queuing up for hours to get an autograph is no fun. Most vendors have been squeezed out by Reebok and their ridiculous uniforms.

HOF induction I suppose might be worth seeing.

Do you mean worth seeing at the expo?
    The more im thinking bout the expo, the less enthusiastic i am about it... $40 just to spend 3-4hrs there..and probably in a queue aswell... sounding less and less attractive.. but id be raging if i didnt go either.

Do you mean worth seeing at the expo?
    The more im thinking bout the expo, the less enthusiastic i am about it... $40 just to spend 3-4hrs there..and probably in a queue aswell... sounding less and less attractive.. but id be raging if i didnt go either.

I did the Expo at 100 in Vegas and 120 in London. Wasn't overly impressed, and this one will be worse due to the Reebok issue.

No other vendors means there's nothing else to do but queue. Which means longer queues.

I think I'll shoot guns or play poker instead!

Optimistic...

I'm expecting a beast of a queue for the weigh ins, FC or not.

It depends what you want. If you’re looking to get right up the front then you’ll have to get in line early for FC but if you’re happy with just entry before the general public you’d have very little waiting if you arrived anytime between 2:45-3pm. Aside from being right up the front (most of which will be reserved anyway) how close you are doesn’t make too much difference, most of the fun of the event is the singing/banter.

Do you not get into the pool party with expo tickets??

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    Do you not get into the pool party with expo tickets??

Yeah, but I think you also get that with the free wristbands as well.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Yeah, but I think you also get that with the free wristbands as well.

Can anyone yet this confirmed?

Can anyone yet this confirmed?

My phone is dead at the minute but check/download the app. It has all the information you’re going to need. Outside of that Google is also your friend.

Just got an email back from the ufc fan expo and said ITS NOT INCLUDED!!

Just got an email back from the ufc fan expo and said ITS NOT INCLUDED!!

Not what their website says.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-International-Fight-Week-FAQ?id=

I'll head up tomorrow and the mono-rail and suss it out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.immaf.org/2015-immaf-world-championships-brackets-schedule-day-1/

Gets updated each day with the next days fights.

If you scroll down you can find all the brackets

Cheers, numbers are a lot lower than I'd have guessed. Hopefully I'll get to see footage if I don't get over in person

Airport Time! Safe flight everyone!

Airport Time! Safe flight everyone!

Ready to pass out already...

Bus at midnight, arrived Dublin half 3, flying at 7, 3 hour stop in London before the Vegas flight.

• Advertisement

Ready to pass out already...

Bus at midnight, arrived Dublin half 3, flying at 7, 3 hour stop in London before the Vegas flight.

You can do it!!

Advertisement