Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Since HMV reopened in Henry Street I have gotten 10 hits in town every time I have been in. Only thing is many of them don't have any new puzzle pieces for me, Kid Icarus and Heroines are the worst I have about 6 on each and no one seems to have any new ones in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i got 10 + 1 special mii Aonuma today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Finally I can kick your behind at Street Passing! 12 so far today, and I'm getting at least another 6 at bedtime - in your face!

Whaddya know? I'm a sore winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've got all the pink pieces :) Never thought I'd say that!

I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't realise a Zelda Link Between Worlds picture :( I think it could have been really cool

Koizumi, of Super Mario fame, is doing the rounds - he said he arrived by Spotpass, but I was Nintendozoning at the time so have your fake SSID at the ready just in case. He's wearing White, which makes a change.

Edit : This is a US link, and the dates are off by a wide margin, but suggests it's a Nintendo Zone thang.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/20/nintendo-zone-distributing-koizumis-mii-to-celebrate-super-mario-3d-worlds-launch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Banjo wrote: »
    Koizumi, of Super Mario fame, is doing the rounds - he said he arrived by Spotpass, but I was Nintendozoning at the time so have your fake SSID at the ready just in case. He's wearing White, which makes a change.

Edit : This is a US link, and the dates are off by a wide margin, but suggests it's a Nintendo Zone thang.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/20/nintendo-zone-distributing-koizumis-mii-to-celebrate-super-mario-3d-worlds-launch/

Does everyone meet these special mii's or is it only on certain nintendo relays ? 2 DS's here in the house and nothing came in on spotpass.

I guess that means it's a Nintendo Zone thing.
    Walk past a McDonalds, so. Or a Starbucks. Definitely one of them has Nintendo Zone, possibly both as I often get 2 rounds of hits in Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Got about twenty hits in Dublin yesterday, mainly traditional hits too! Had been in a McDonald's and a Starbucks and didn't get any hits in either place, although I was in each for five minutes minimum. Anyone know why this is? I did get six in Jervis, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well once again I now have all the puzzle pieces.

I've also conquered the world, defeated the evil aliens, solved the mystery of the mansion and filled my flower journal.

Now what???

• Advertisement

Now you travel the world, creating ripples of streetpassing that will become waves of finished puzzles and tsunami of unlocked hats (you have all the hats and accomplishments, right?). The legend of La Semilla starts here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Travel through three airports, two quite busy, 1 hit :(

Haven't been getting any hits lately either :(

Are any of you still getting hits at NZs? I've been in a few McDonald's and Starbucks recently, yet not a single hit. I'd appreciate any explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I forgot to turn on my 3ds for half my trip. However sitting in Birmingham airport and my light is green. I tend to get hits when I go to Debenhams, not mcdonalds, but I am in England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Home for xmas so I just set up _The Cloud on my laptop with virtual router plus and a 3G dongle got 6 hits straight away all from the UK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Living in London and having a long commute into town ensures me at least two hits a day without any effort. One positive to living in the big smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Audreychou

Hello ! New member here! First of all, Happy new year !!

I'm moving to Galway and wanted to know if the city is great for streetpass. My 3DS is always in my bag so I hope to have some hits there and also at the University. In the one I was in France I used to get up to 6 hits a day...

Are there some hotspots in Galway city with the new update that makes you can receive up to 6 Mii characters' data when you visit it?

I have 305 mii in my plaza and 148 streetpasses hits, hope to get plenty more ! :-D

20hits over my Xmas hoildays and ive all pink puzzles pieces collected for every panel so far and my next in town Dublin problemly around 31 st January for Chinese festival

5 puzzle pieces to go... getting so sick of "X Has no new puzzle pieces for you"... Freeloaders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo ya need to pass Peach and/or myself more often! We've all the pieces.

Anyone from Galway to answer me? :-D Thank you

• Advertisement

Audreychou wrote: »
    Anyone from Galway to answer me? :-D Thank you

Visited Galway once for a Streetpass meetup, got tons of hits that day obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I actually got two streetpass hits today in Dublin. It is only the second time since launch that I've had more than one in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got 28 hits in 3 days in Galway over the 28th, 29th and 30th of December. Got 10 hits yesterday in the Crescent Shopping Centre. Normally get 3 or 4 from town.

Audreychou wrote: »
    Hello ! New member here! First of all, Happy new year !!

I'm moving to Galway and wanted to know if the city is great for streetpass. My 3DS is always in my bag so I hope to have some hits there and also at the University. In the one I was in France I used to get up to 6 hits a day...

Are there some hotspots in Galway city with the new update that makes you can receive up to 6 Mii characters' data when you visit it?

I have 305 mii in my plaza and 148 streetpasses hits, hope to get plenty more ! :-D
    It's quite good for streetpasses although I haven't really been there much recently. There are two McDonalds in Galway which are both hotspots. However, both times I was there recently, I didn't get any hits from the hotspots although I never seem to get them that way.

Bonne Chance! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Every time I go to The Square shopping centre in Tallaght I come out with 6 streetpass hits! all the time! once i walked through it from one end to the other and got 4 haha, so if you're ever going to the square, bring your 3ds!

Ciaran511 wrote: »
    Every time I go to The Square shopping centre in Tallaght I come out with 6 streetpass hits! all the time! once i walked through it from one end to the other and got 4 haha, so if you're ever going to the square, bring your 3ds!

Pretty sure the 6 is from passing a streetpass relay point. Think that (of all places!) Debenhams have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭randomperson12

getting wifi on the 3ds is epic ive 80 ppl in my streetpass thing and i bet 5 japenese ppl online with mario kart

Finally got that last piece of the Dillon' Rolling Western puzzle. My puzzle book is complete, and yet I still feel strangely empty...

We need new puzzles, I barely even bother to clear my streetpasses anymore.

Last week though I did, and I met Ben "Atari Jaguar". Hi Ben!

My stolen 3DS had a Mii called Ben that said Atari Jaguar....
    Son of a motherless goat!

• Advertisement

My stolen 3DS had a Mii called Ben that said Atari Jaguar....
    Son of a motherless goat!

No way! I'll check out what the Mii looked like after work and get back to you.

We could track down the thief through the power of streetpass! With great difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

My 3DS is also a Ben saying Atari Jaguar, but it's been powered down for the last few days. I'll have to charge it up tonight and double check who I met last week!

Now you mention it, it is a name that other people occasionally get born with. Damn, I was so close.

Now you mention it, it is a name that other people occasionally get born with. Damn, I was so close.

Or perhaps it was I that stole your 3DS :eek:
    (it wasn't)

This Ben was actually from Louth... Hi Ben!

Banjo and Peach's detective careers put on hold again so

i got 12 hits today and my next trip will be chinese festival not this friday but next friday 31st who next to japanese with high miis is chinese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭randomperson12

ive 20 japenese ones on my ds

This Ben was actually from Louth... Hi Ben!

Banjo and Peach's detective careers put on hold again so

Indeed, I'm fairly certain that you must be the CC in my plaza, judging by the prodigious tally of street pass hits and puzzle pieces. Hi CC :)

And to think, I've been using Atari Jaguar for about 2 years now and was just about losing faith that the greeting would be recognised and acknowledged. Lucky that I didn't change it over Christmas as I was tempted :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Heading to Dublin for the weekend so hopefully I'll get a good few hits!

• Advertisement

Indeed, I'm fairly certain that you must be the CC in my plaza, judging by the prodigious tally of street pass hits and puzzle pieces. Hi CC :)

And to think, I've been using Atari Jaguar for about 2 years now and was just about losing faith that the greeting would be recognised and acknowledged. Lucky that I didn't change it over Christmas as I was tempted :pac:

That'd be her alright!

I've been rocking the 'Atari Jaguar!' greeting since we had that 'How will we recognise other Boardsies streetpassing us?' chat! Glad to see I'm not the only one left! :D

I like using my greeting to promote my vision of a world with more cowbell.

That'd be her alright!

I've been rocking the 'Atari Jaguar!' greeting since we had that 'How will we recognise other Boardsies streetpassing us?' chat! Glad to see I'm not the only one left! :D

Solidarity brother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That'd be her alright!

I have a 3DS again! I had totally forgotten about the Atari Jaguar thing... as I recall that was my idea!

Must change my greeting now...

ive 2 3dses so every time i go into city centre ive more chances picking more then one hit,and so does this man does same with his 8 3dses

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwU4_YJ6Pj5x0T20Y5PDUVw?sub_confirmation=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Does that work? can you have your profile on two? if so how do you sync both together?

• Advertisement

ive different mii for each one and if you want always more then one nintendo id account

I'm in Galway for one month now and it is really streetpass heaven! I now have 870 puzzle pieces out of 905 or something!! There is a Nintendo Zone at Argos and I've been getting the usual 6 hits when I walk around there but..since a week or so I get hits of people playing Animal crossing but don't get the green point on the software or their houses....I don't know what's happening, does anyone of you have the same problem? I still get notifications and people on Mario Kart 7 software...

I wanted to get the silver and gold medal of Phineas for the streetpass thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

is it ok to pop up my friend code here>

2981 - 7367 - 7225

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Got 7 on Thursday last week in Crescent Limerick, a lot more than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭narmst

There's now a meetup group for organising get togethers for street pass or gaming ..
    http://www.meetup.com/Ireland-Nintendo-3DS-Group/?a=mm1_l6

There's meetings every 2 weeks with the next ones on March 9th / April 13th etc

Membership is free .. why not come along and get some hits / play a few games / meet new people?

• Advertisement
Advertisement