Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas [TNT - US] *Spoilers*

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭squonk

Good kick off episode. This show always delivers really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Two episodes in. Motoring along. A difference I see between this and the original-a bit more whodunit . Obviously influenced by Revenge. Im also surprised Bobby has let an innocent Barnes rot in jail. He has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,263 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elena wakes up and Christopher will come out of the shower :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I must admit this is my guilty pleasure.. like most people my age (almost 40) I grew up watching this by default as my mam watched it, but I remember watching the reruns on RTE one summer and being hooked.

I'm slowly working through the complete original series again but I've been impressed how they've kept the original feel while updating it at the same time - even with the loss of Larry Hagman/JR. They have a great veteran cast in the original actors (Sue Ellen, Cliff, Bobby and the occasional guest star) but Mitch Pileggi is great as well and the new generation can hold their own too.

Hopefully it continues for a good while yet.

I think the cartel thing has gone on too long. Dallas never did politics or violence that well and this is true here. I still enjoy it but its gone on too long. We need back to the Barnes/Ewing feud. Too bad cliff didnt have a son-Rebecca doesnt cut it for me but she is easy on the eye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,263 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Genuinely shocked. Never realised the ratings were so bad. Such a pity I was looking forward to what this next season had in store for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ah ffs! :mad: They had set things up really well for the new season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ah I am pissed off about that news. I thought that Season 3 was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ah no way. :(

In fairness, I am not surprised. The ratings have been woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭squonk

Aw crap! I genuinely can't believe that! I'm utterly shocked! This season did drag a bit with the cartel but it's now in an excellent place for a season 4.

Aside from that, I think they did a much better job of the classic soap thing than Revenge or it's ilk is currently doing. I found Dallas to be infinitely more watchable as the characters seemed better overall. I do know they have a rich history to pull from though. Personally, talking TNT, I'd sooner have seen Falling Skies die to save Dallas. I'm not a saop fan per se but I genuinely looked forward to Dallas in a way I don't look forward to Revenge anymore.

On another note, perhaps the death of Larry Hagman was a contributory factor to the death of the show. JR was a huge draw though I think anyone who stuck with the show could see hat they did an excellent job of carrying on despite the abrupt loss of one of TV's great characters.

RIP.

What a shock. What a real shock.

Though on mature reflection the drug cartel story line was shyte. I still have great affection for the show but if its saved by another network (which I doubt) then the writing needs to up its game.

Advertisement