Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

pikaia wrote: »
    Council of Elrond is a terrible set, the play feature is rubbish and the only thing that is any good are arches which can be only found with this set. It not even a proper scene from the movie... All that been said, I do love The Lord of rings sets.

I would love to know where you got an Orc forge for €20, I would have bought 5 :-)

Ditto. I got it recently reduced to €47, though given that it's out of print that was acceptable. €20 seems almost too good to be true.

Just saw that Helm's Deep has become out of print since the new year, which means online prices for it are going to skyrocket, which is really unfortunate as nowhere seems to have in a brick and mortar shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GodlessM wrote: »
    Ditto. I got it recently reduced to €47, though given that it's out of print that was acceptable. €20 seems almost too good to be true.

Just saw that Helm's Deep has become out of print since the new year, which means online prices for it are going to skyrocket, which is really unfortunate as nowhere seems to have in a brick and mortar shop.

I think I sow one in that Hobby shop in Cork last time I was there. It was ages ago though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

City Starter 60023 with 4 minifigs for €6.97 in boots online (min spend of €50 for free collection though).

http://www.boots.ie/en/LEGO-City-Starter-Set-60023_1357241/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

saucyjack wrote: »
    City Starter 60023 with 4 minifigs for €6.97 in boots online (min spend of €50 for free collection though).

http://www.boots.ie/en/LEGO-City-Starter-Set-60023_1357241/

All sold out according to the website. Great value though.

builder22 wrote: »
    All sold out according to the website. Great value though.

I bought 3 of those sets when they were 7eu in Tesco. Left one unopened. Good value for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

#9516 Jabba's Palace down to €79.99 in Smyths.

#9516 Jabba's Palace down to €79.99 in Smyths.

Thanks for that. Appears to be an in store only offer. I checked a few locations and it was not available. Smyths appear to have some other sets reduced too but again they are mostly in store only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I picked up the tractor for 9.99....last one on the shelf!.....sometimes the website isint accurate and if you go in store you might get lucky!

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Tractor-9393-!124236-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=919c42eb-953c-4f46-b4e0-da77d176aba4

So it only now, but looks like out of stock now. :( I was hunting this set for ages to drop in price so I can buy bulk of them for parts. :(

Technic 9394 Plane 19.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Jet-Plane-9394-!116638-prd.aspx

Technic Quad Bike 9.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Quad-Bike-9392-!116658-prd.aspx

Maybe it will reapear again at some stage. :(

:( same here.....no stock, buy i did get the tractor for a tenner....well chuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

jenjenten wrote: »
    I picked up the tractor for 9.99....last one on the shelf!.....sometimes the website isint accurate and if you go in store you might get lucky!

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Tractor-9393-!124236-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=919c42eb-953c-4f46-b4e0-da77d176aba4

Just checked in Naas on the way home, none of the discounted sets :(

Paddy

• Advertisement

I think I sow one in that Hobby shop in Cork last time I was there. It was ages ago though.

Which shop is it? Not Other Realms surely? I'll check it out all the same. Thanks.

Also since this is the bargain thread, Smyths on Childer's Road in Limerick have both the Death Star and Super Star Destroyer reduced, only one copy of each, as the packaging on each got damaged. If you don't care about the box being badly beat up, might be worth checking out for some.

Which shop is it? Not Other Realms surely? I'll check it out all the same. Thanks.

Also since this is the bargain thread, Smyths on Childer's Road in Limerick have both the Death Star and Super Star Destroyer reduced, only one copy of each, as the packaging on each got damaged. If you don't care about the box being badly beat up, might be worth checking out for some.

The one in Douglas. "Art and Hobby" was it called? I am pretty sure you can give them a buzz and find out if they still got it in stock.

How much was the SSD?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd like to put out a favour to the good folk of the forum, and if anyone could oblige I'd be most grateful.

#9679 AT-ST/Endor planet set is €2.99 and seems to be available in a couple of Smyths stores around the country, but unfortunately none near me. If anyone came across one and was willing to pick it up and post, I would be most grateful. Would obviously reimburse and would also be indebted :)

I saw two of these (at least) in childers road today, but they were marked as 11.99.

The one in Douglas. "Art and Hobby" was it called? I am pretty sure you can give them a buzz and find out if they still got it in stock.

Awesome thank mate.
    How much was the SSD?

I didn't get a good look at the specific price, only really saw that it was a sale sticker. I think it was in the three hundreds though.

Will check when I'm in there next for you.

Awesome thank mate.

I didn't get a good look at the specific price, only really saw that it was a sale sticker. I think it was in the three hundreds though.

Will check when I'm in there next for you.

Hi there, my wife was in there today but they said there were no reductions on either of those. They didn't have much to tempt one. But she did manage to pick up a couple of the lego movie mini figs. In the flesh (so to speak) they are pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭HorseSea

MarkR wrote: »
    I saw two of these (at least) in childers road today, but they were marked as 11.99.

Yes, not sure that one is reduced, I got 9674 and 9678 at 2.99 but 9679 was full price.

Went to Smyths Tallaght this morning as reduced Jabbas Hut showing as low stock - it was very low there were none, that was the only shop in Dublin showing stock, so I guessed I missed.

All movie sets and new star wars sets were out, movie minifigs were available but were under the cash desks!! First one one opened was Abe Lincoln.

Nothing else much interested, picked up one Chima 70203 reduced to €4.99 and one 9678 reduced to €2.99, there are a few of that one left.

Went to Smyths in Fonthill next, more LEGO in stock there but no bargains, no Lego Movies and no minifigures. New Star Wars was out though.

I was in Smyths....they have all the new Technic sets bar the big cargo plane, no bargins as all the price are equal but mostly higher then the lego website. Probably best to buy direct, and you get VIP points which count toward cash rewards.

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    I was in Smyths....they have all the new Technic sets bar the big cargo plane, no bargins as all the price are equal but mostly higher then the lego website. Probably best to buy direct, and you get VIP points which count toward cash rewards.
    Which Smyths? Also LEGO VIP points can be used to reduce cost of LEGO, but not cash rewards, but it's a good point. I noticed that all the Movie sets in Smyths were cheaper than Amazon after currency conversion, but only just.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

fyi smyths bray had 2 jabba palaces at 79 euro on sunday.

Is that 50% off lego.com for real? Or thats just going to be some marked sets for 5% off, which you would not buy, even if they would be 90% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Is that 50% off lego.com for real? Or thats just going to be some marked sets for 5% off, which you would not buy, even if they would be 90% off?
    I presumed it was just on the stuff that already has up to 30% off in the sale section of the online shop? There're certainly some interesting sets in there that I might grab if they went to 50%!

g0g wrote: »
    I presumed it was just on the stuff that already has up to 30% off in the sale section of the online shop? There're certainly some interesting sets in there that I might grab if they went to 50%!

This is what I'm thinking too.

• Advertisement

As predicted! Turns out I couldn't be arsed with any of those models! 😞

As predicted! Turns out I couldn't be arsed with any of those models! 😞

Yup, dissapointed here :(. Was looking forward picking up something nice for myself .

Yeah, it's all rubbish unfortunately.

This isn't a bargain alert, more of a heads up - Argos are now stocking the UCS Red Five X-Wing. It's €214.99 which I think is normal RRP. I know it's easy to get online, but it's nice to see local stores getting exclusive sets. They are more likely to go on sale there at some point than they would on the LEGO shop@home website.

Hi there, my wife was in there today but they said there were no reductions on either of those. They didn't have much to tempt one. But she did manage to pick up a couple of the lego movie mini figs. In the flesh (so to speak) they are pretty cool.

Checked back in yesterday; SSD seems to be gone but the Death Star is going for €339.99, a sizeable discount from the RRP of €429.99.

Lego sales are aweful this year so far. :( Good for wallet I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Checked back in yesterday; SSD seems to be gone but the Death Star is going for €339.99, a sizeable discount from the RRP of €429.99.

I'm pretty sure that the Lego Death Star was always €339.99 in Smyths.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the Lego Death Star was always €339.99 in Smyths.

Maybe it was, but that is still a bargain, and this is still the bargain thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Maybe it was, but that is still a bargain, and this is still the bargain thread :)
    There is one on adverts for €320, new in the box... :-) it's also a 'hard to find' so prices vary hugely on it. Smyths probably can't shift it that's why the low price. I'd buy it myself only I am getting a Tower of Orthanc

God dammit lads, stop posting here if you have no bargains to post! Poping in to this thread every time it has new post and seeing no bargains makes me a sad panda! Use general Chat thread! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Lego sales are aweful this year so far. :( Good for wallet I guess!

All the Lego bargains were in Argos late November, got the falcon for 80, the police station for 46 and the coastguard boat for 45!!!
    Brilliant promotions ran for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

pikaia wrote: »
    There is one on adverts for €320, new in the box... :-) it's also a 'hard to find' so prices vary hugely on it. Smyths probably can't shift it that's why the low price. I'd buy it myself only I am getting a Tower of Orthanc

Keep an eye on Smyths online this Easter, last year they ran a promotion for online discount and I picked up the Death Star for €270 instead of the normal €339.
    That discount was posted via here by the Lego regulars.

Dunno what price it's available for elsewhere, but Smyth's (well, Bray anyway!) had 9396 for sale yesterday saying reduced from I think € 84 to around € 45-50. It's not listed on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Not exactly a Lego bargain but...

Texaco in Clondalkin (and I presume elsewhere) have a sign up for a €5 Art & Hobby shop voucher with €20 or more of Fuel.
    I presume it can be used against Lego (didn't see the T&C's)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ryan0

Smyths in Dub had an 8110 that popped up in stocktaking last week, I drove up for it. They said there was another in Donegal. Not at a discount, but at RRP it's still a bargain these days!

75020 Jabba's Sail Barge is €69.99 in Argos, down from €119.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not a specific bargain, but Pixmania have been randomly dropping prices on their lego on roughly 4 items a day across all ranges. Over half price in many cases.

The only thing is, you may have to rummage a bit. Free delivery.

I think todays best offers are (but there are more):
    LEGO Hive Crawler 70708 - €29.73
    LEGO Ninja Turtles - The Shellraiser Street Chase - 79104 - €35.87

I've missed quite a few, for example Lego City - Heavy-Lift Helicopter - 4439 was €18 and Star Wars - Jabba's Sail Barge - 75020 was €57.

All Lego here - http://www.pixmania.ie/search/lego.html

A lot of it isn't in stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A lot of it isn't in stock though.

It may be, being bought up. It appeared on a few forums, but nobody seems entirely sure how the promotion works. Seems to be random.

I initially saw it mentioned here - http://www.lordofthebrick.com/
    Then googled and found pieces mentioned in different forums.

I know it's not a huge bargain but Smyths are now doing Ewok Village for €219.99.

Free Lego Chima in the Irish Daily Mail today...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Chima 30251

Lone Ranger 30260

Friends. 30108

these were the ones i found in the paper

Rob

Not really a bargain, but anyone who has signed up to Lego VIP can purchase metalbeards sea cow early.. €250 offer only runs from today until the 28th of Feb..

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Spocker wrote: »

Great except it is likely to be delivered in a bag amazon fr. and .es and it terrible packing. .de better and .co.uk best by far in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

60007 is currently £10.99 on Amazon,pretty good price imo.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement