Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

January wrote: »
    Addison has taken to saying "Thank you Lady" to me... I know it's from some cartoon that I cannot remember the name of, but she's never seen it! Oh and I get "Pleased to meet you Grandma" and a shake of the hand sometimes too :confused:

Buttons and Mindy from Animaniacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I love you, nobody believed me... I said Animaniacs... and everyone looked at me like I had ten heads...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

My 8 year old sister was at a sleepover Friday night, and was so tired the next day that she fell asleep heavily. She sleepwalks sometimes, and she ended up walking out to the utility room in her sleep, lifting the lid off the bin, pulling down her pants and trying to sit on the bin - She had no recollection of this when she woke up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

my 4 year old boy raided his 12 year old sister clothes draw and came out wearing her t-shirt and hat, she got mad at him and took her t-shirt off him only to find he had a pair of her booby covers on underneath........ not a very happy 12 year old..... but a very happy 4 year old boy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

It wasn't today but a few months ago my father was on winning streak, my sister minded my little boy as he was too young to go. Anyway she thought he would like to see mammy on telly, but when he saw me he started shouting at the telly, "get out mammy, get out, mammy stuck" poor little fellow got very upset, he thought mammy was stuck inside the telly and was never comming home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I know its not really on topic
    And by the way I LOVE This thread

But Aisling started walking today :)
    And yesterday she added to her vocabulary by saying "Cat" while trying to grap the poor sod's tail :D

I feel like I need eyes in the back & side of my head as well as the front she never stops moving unless she's asleep!

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I haven't worn earrings for years. I put a pair in the other day and my 3 year old said...

"Aww! Now you look like a REAL mammy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My little girl learned to say "mommy" properly today. (She used to say Ammy before before).

We were doing a weeklyu food shop in tesco, and as I pushed her around in the buggy I could just hear "Mommy! Mommmmmmy! Mommymommymommymommy"

Later on my friend was holding her and she looked at her very pleased and started shouting for the whole shop to hear "MY ammy!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Little fella is nearly two and at the stage where he is copying everything he hears... The other day I dropped a glass, said AH F*ck... heard a little voice from behind me f*ck,f*ck,f*ck.... Turned around quickly... "Oh Sh*t don't say that".... sh*t,sh*t,sh*t.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I decided the teach my 2 another word instead of fat as our baby is huge and they kept tickling him and saying 'you're a little fat baby' so i decided cherub was a good alternative. Now my 2.5yr old tells anyone who will listen 'my little brother is called xx and he is a chewob' too cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

fiona12 wrote: »
    Will do, but not sure how? :o

Listened to it again there was some talk on it of it (I thought it was Jimmy, turned out to be Benjamin) being a sacred wasp. And the little one in the backgroud screaming "Why God WHYYYY!":D:D:DI don't know how to load it onto the computer from the phone, will check if I have a cable for it 2morro & try to figure it out

this made me laugh so much. cheered me up no end on a monday morning.
    rip benjamin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Not my child, my 3 year old nephew.

I got a new cat flap into my side door and he came in with a dead serious face

'Is that for the seven dwarfs?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Where shall I start... My 7 yro is well known for his short statements which have us bowling over with laughter.

When he was 5 and spent too much time in the bathtub and his hands were wrinkly... I carried him to the couch wrapped in a towel and he held up his hands and said: *Oh look! They look like your face!* :eek:

A few weeks ago: *You can take the training wheels off my bike and give them to Dad, I think he needs them* and I think he is right ;).

*Where do babies come from?*
    *Ahm, I tell you when you are older!*
    *Oh I know, you need to look it up on the computer first!*
    :pac:

I've got hundreds of those, literally :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

some phrases are really not for children......:o

Cleaning bathroom last week, 3 year old asks 'what's that Daddy'.....answer (absent mindedly !).....skidmarks

Fast forward to Sunday lunchtime in the pub for dinner.

"Daddy, i need to go to toilet" - no problem son.

Followed by in loud voice as we walk past bar and 3 tables of people eating dinner
    "Daddy, can I do a nasty and make skidmarks like YOU do" !!!!

Cue bar man dropping a pint in laughter. On way back in, wag at next table.. "well did he ?" and more laughter....:o

Brought the little fella out for a walk yesterday, he stops in the road looks at the hedgerows and says "Ooooooohh, weeties, weeties, weeties" (weeties = sweets).... He was looking at the blackberries :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

stephen_k wrote: »
    Brought the little fella out for a walk yesterday, he stops in the road looks at the hedgerows and says "Ooooooohh, weeties, weeties, weeties" (weeties = sweets).... He was looking at the blackberries :D

Did you give him some?

There's a blackberry bush in my in-law's and we spent a happy Sunday there playing the "one for baba, one for mama" game a couple of weeks back.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Did you give him some?

There's a blackberry bush in my in-law's and we spent a happy Sunday there playing the "one for baba, one for mama" game a couple of weeks back.

Yep, chewed, looked thoughfull and spat it out... It definetly wasn't a weety!!! Had great fun picking them and then standing on them in his wellys :D

Talking to my 4 year old about how great her daddy is, after he did something for her.

Me: Isn't daddy just the best daddy in the whole world!
    Her: Yeah!............... (pause)............. I like [Kevin]

[Kevin] is her best friend's dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

my OH comes in the door yesterday and the 2yr goes running up shouting "Daddy, i missed you" and hugs his legs......
    He had been to the shop and was gone for 10 mins...:D
    but she is Daddy's girl and he is her main carer!!!!

In Tesco today passing a display of "Mrs Browne" DVDs my 4 year old got very excited and said "hey! It's Nanny 'Bag of Chips' "!

I don't think that's one I'll be sharing with my mother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The dishwasher was over a decade old and it was giving hassle

Got a new one with a clear glass door so you can see it working

The young cousins are fascinated by it, would sit and watch it for hours.
    Greatest entertainment device ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

After my wife told him she was feeding the plants (with plant food and water), he was trying to help by sticking cheerios in the soil for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

From my three year old - I don't need a coat I am not a lamb, only lambs need coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My five year old and I were watching one of the music channels this morning and she was using the mat in front of the fireplace as a stage and was putting on a great show for me, then the adverts came on so she took a little break.

One of the adverts on TV was the one to sponsor a little child in Africa for €9 a month, then my daughter leaves the room and comes back a couple of minutes later will her money box and tears in her eyes and says "Mammy, I don't want the little children to die" and she hands me her money box.

It really brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye, children can be much kinder than adults sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,039 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

3.5 yo: "Mammy, when I'm a mammy and you're a nanny, will you still be my mammy?"

She's already decided her daughter is going to be called Ruby :rolleyes: :D

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,039 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A few months back, we were trying to be very careful regarding swearing as you-know-who was in parrot mode. Of course there was an incident involving a kitchen knife and an oath.. Herself piped up in her saccharine-sweet, butter-wouldn't-melt tone:

"Mammy, say sugar... not f**ksake"

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"I'll change the gears Daddy - 1,2,3,4... what does the R stand for?"
    "I told you last time, remember, re..."
    "...ally fast!"

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Last night, my son was having his supper (he's 21 months). I showed him an election leaflet that had come through the door and pointed at the picture and asked him 'Who's that'? (just to see what he'd say). So can you imagine my shock and surprise when he comes out with "DA-NA". :eek: Myself and his Dad just looked at each other in surprise. of course the next time I asked him, it was 'DADA', and the next time was 'NAY-YE' (how he says Mary, his auntie. At least I think he meant his auntie, and not Mary Davis!!! :D:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I love it! My 2 year old is watching her Spongebob dvd and comes running into us....

her: "Spongebob is dead"
    us: "what? :eek: "
    her: "He's hiding in the T.V."

turns out the DVD had ended! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Cottontail wrote: »
    Last night, my son was having his supper (he's 21 months). I showed him an election leaflet that had come through the door and pointed at the picture and asked him 'Who's that'? (just to see what he'd say). So can you imagine my shock and surprise when he comes out with "DA-NA". :eek: Myself and his Dad just looked at each other in surprise. of course the next time I asked him, it was 'DADA', and the next time was 'NAY-YE' (how he says Mary, his auntie. At least I think he meant his auntie, and not Mary Davis!!! :D:D)

I've since realised that 'DANA' is his new word for 'Grandad'... so my son now thinks that Dana (the presedential candidate) looks like his grandad, or vice versa. I don't think either Dana or Grandad would be too impressed!! :D

Advertisement