Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

how could it be a signal issue.just plugged it into my living room connection and loaded 4.5 and all channels work and tried kitchen and 0 signal on the same few channels.im baffled as to why it is.what could be wrong in kitchen thats different from my sitting room connection.

Probably an lnb issue alan .
    Certain channels are on vertical polarity and others horizontal ,they require different voltages to be sent from the box to switch between them.
    I have seen cases where the lnb develops an issue and cant provide the required voltage so you get no signal.
    It may resolve itself or you could try switching the lnb input on the dish if you have another one free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Probably an lnb issue alan .
    Certain channels are on vertical polarity and others horizontal ,they require different voltages to be sent from the box to switch between them.
    I have seen cases where the lnb develops an issue and cant provide the required voltage so you get no signal.
    It may resolve itself or you could try switching the lnb input on the dish if you have another one free.
    ya was thinking its was a lnb issue.all the inputs are taken up so i might switch them around and see what happens.i have a octo lnb too would that cos the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Griffinx wrote: »
    Doesn't seem anything there which would suit the bill

Remind us again of the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Has anyone looked into changing the function of the red power button on the Amiko remote. I'd like to use it to cycle power on the TV instead of the Alien box...a bit like using the sky remote to switch on the TV
    Slevster wrote: »
    Remind us again of the issue

I think this is the issue the op is talking about trying to use the amiko remote to power on tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Technofobe wrote: »
    I think this is the issue the op is talking about trying to use the amiko remote to power on tv ?

The hdmi-cec will power on/off the tv using the hdmi connection.
    If you don't have hdmi I don't know of a way to program the remote control to control anything else.

• Advertisement

ok guys what skin do ye think is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

bappelbe wrote: »
    The hdmi-cec will power on/off the tv using the hdmi connection.
    If you don't have hdmi I don't know of a way to program the remote control to control anything else.

yes I wanted to power on the TV using the Amiko red power button. I knew that you could get the TV to switch to the HDMI connection if it was already powered on. Can hdmi-cec also cycle power on the tv? I have a Panasonic Viera TV

yes I wanted to power on the TV using the Amiko red power button. I knew that you could get the TV to switch to the HDMI connection if it was already powered on. Can hdmi-cec also cycle power on the tv? I have a Panasonic Viera TV

Yes, if your model allows. Go into the hdmi-cec manger and enable (in the blue panel on the pkt images). Then go through the various options there. Should be one for toggling power on your TV.

ok guys what skin do ye think is the best

As in best for looks or best for performance as whilst some skins look really nice their performance isn't the best .

I primarily use Pli-HD or Pli-HD Night on Hyperion or Openatv as they seem the slickest .
    They are tried and trusted skins so less likely to degrade performance unlike other more bloated or buggy skins.

Its all a matter of opinion though ,some people like different skins ,some like the Sky skin ,others the Vix skins like Vix Night (nice skin).

I think the Metrix HD skin whilst nice struggles on the Aliens ,its a pretty demanding skin.

Theres no harm in trying out a few different skins and see which ones you like

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Hi guys, I bought a GM Triplex last week from a local shop with the enigma 2 already set up and I did the other easier tasks for channels, hard drive ,epg etc

Everything was quick and responsive when in the menus or when changing channels although some options further into menus would cause a crash when trying to select. Last night I was looking around and seen the open ATV image was from July 14 so I presumed there was a few updates on it since then so selected to update this through the menu option .I tried to backup my data before I did this but it was one of the options that kept crashing the box unfortunately.
    Update went fine and when rebooting the load up image was now the open ATV one instead of the Sky HD one that was preset on it. Channels were a bit slower loading up and were freezing intermittently but thought this would clear up but it kept happening until the box would freeze completely. It would follow the pattern of freezing but loading a couple of times until a freeze roughly 4 mins in would stall the entire box. It was even at the stage I couldn't get into the setup menu before the full freeze due to the slowness of the menu getting to it. Today when I got to try fix it I started by booting in spark and there's no problems with its response time or changing.
    I eventually got in to delete the EPG,clear cache and delete a few plugins that I had downloaded before I restarted the GUI. On launch channels loaded up quicker and everything looked like it was back to normal. When changing stations I noticed it was still a second or two slower than it previously was and after a few minutes watching one station it would have a few freezes to load and then continue on. Menu seemed OK but then I went from 101 to 501 and it literally took about 5 minutes of loading before the channel came on and the menu was very slow once it did free up.
    Just went into the info and the update only brought it up to drivers from 03/08/14 when I thought it would have brought it upA bit newer than that. The version is 4.1, kernel 2.6.32.61_stm240_215. Unfortunately I don't have computer at the house at the minute to flash new image on to so is there anything else I can do in the meantime to try and resolve these issues?
    Also what was the version from July last year so I can revert to that or is there a more recent update and stable than the one I have installed at the minute? ( just as I'm finishing writing the channel which has been on with no problems for the last while has frozen and hasn't moved for about 10mins...just after freeing up now)

Maybe the best short term fix would be to get the shop to flash it tomorrow to whatever version they had originally put on if can't figure it out tonight as probably won't have computer for week or two!

• Advertisement

As in best for looks or best for performance as whilst some skins look really nice their performance isn't the best .

I primarily use Pli-HD or Pli-HD Night on Hyperion or Openatv as they seem the slickest .
    They are tried and trusted skins so less likely to degrade performance unlike other more bloated or buggy skins.

Its all a matter of opinion though ,some people like different skins ,some like the Sky skin ,others the Vix skins like Vix Night (nice skin).

I think the Metrix HD skin whilst nice struggles on the Aliens ,its a pretty demanding skin.

Theres no harm in trying out a few different skins and see which ones you like
    is there a site where i can look at downloading these as they are not in ithe skins plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

This is on the Alien 1 ? ,as I havent uploaded my 4.5 Alien 2 backup here yet.

Hey zardoz do you upload backups on different sites?

This is on the Alien 1 ? ,as I havent uploaded my 4.5 Alien 2 backup here yet.

Hey zardoz do you upload backups on different sites?

Yes.
    I have the same few backups on a few sites as well as my Dropbox.
    Alien 2 Hyperion 4 image,Alien 1 Hyperion 4 and 4.5 image .
    Will upload Alien 1 Openatv image and Alien 2 Hyperion 4.5 image this weekend .
    Will need a break then

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Just a question, Hyperion V4.5 swap file on or off?:eek:

On Hyperion 4.5 and Vol + and - and mute has stopped working... a reboot hasn't resolved it

Any ideas to resolve appreciated

On Hyperion 4.5 and Vol + and - and mute has stopped working... a reboot hasn't resolved it

Any ideas to resolve appreciated

Did you enable hdmi-cec? If so, did you change some option for your volume?
    Did you change option on the audio output in menu-setup-av settings (have a look in there and try changing the ac3 or other formats. Change pcm options. Not at the box atm , hense the vagueness. But play around with the settings in there. You won't break anything!)
    Is it the remote itself malfunctioning? Dropped? Spillage? Batteries?

cyndale wrote: »
    Just a question, Hyperion V4.5 swap file on or off?:eek:

Always have it on here. But out of habit, assuming that it helps smooth the operations.
    Others will tell you why, I'm sure (habit is not a good enough reason!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

Hey Griffinx

Be careful when setting your TV to turn on when you turn on the Box. If you have CrossEPG set to update maybe at 04:00 daily, then your TV will turn on at this time. You don't want to be waken at 04:00 thinking you have an unwelcome visitor in your house

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Slevster wrote: »
    Did you enable hdmi-cec? If so, did you change some option for your volume?

Good intuition Slevster, It was one of the cec options. I couldnt get it working with my TV so I just disabled the cec driver thinking that would reset everything back to normal. However when the driver is disabled all the settings remain in place.

I had to reenable the driver, switch the settings to no and then disable the driver again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone know where boot logos are stored on hyperion 4.5 and openatv 4.3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

usr/share on Open ATV if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

/usr/share/enigma2/picon

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys my friend setup my alien 2 box for me. I just wanted to check what image is on it but when I went to check it said "image information unavailable"
    Any easy way to find out?

It is definitely a enigma 2 image and has the s*y skin

Hi guys my friend setup my aloen 2 box for me. I just wanted to check what image is on it but when I went to check it said "image information unavailable"

superg wrote: »
    Anyone know where boot logos are stored on hyperion 4.5 and openatv 4.3?

its /boot on Hyperion ,not sure with Openatv as they have a different file structure.

@Championc ,did Openatv sort the recording issue on multiple tuners yet ?
    There was a modified pti.ko file released a while back that sorted the issue on HDMU ,I was wondering did Openatv implement it in their updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

its /boot on Hyperion ,not sure with Openatv as they have a different file structure.

@Championc ,did Openatv sort the recording issue on multiple tuners yet ?
    There was a modified pti.ko file released a while back that sorted the issue on HDMU ,I was wondering did Openatv implement it in their updates ?

Yeah found it on Hyperion. On open atv as Harcrid said above there was one bootlogo in usr/share so I put my new one there. It comes up on boot alright but another one displays before it so there must be another one somewhere else.

General question if anyone would know, is there a way to set which bouquet to display at startup on the cool tv guide, version 7.3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Hi guys my friend setup my alien 2 box for me. I just wanted to check what image is on it but when I went to check it said "image information unavailable"

It is definitely a enigma 2 image and has the s*y skin
    If it has the sky skin its probably likley to be hyperion 4 or 4.5
    when you go into menu does it have an option for pkt blue panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

are there many lads using multi sat???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭deezell

superg wrote: »
    Yeah found it on Hyperion. On open atv as Harcrid said above there was one bootlogo in usr/share so I put my new one there. It comes up on boot alright but another one displays before it so there must be another one somewhere else.

General question if anyone would know, is there a way to set which bouquet to display at startup on the cool tv guide, version 7.3?
    Good question, the default startup channel seems to bring with it the bouquet that it was selected from, e.g , select RTE 1 in favourites, exit the EPG, then press OK to bring up the basic channel list, the press Menu which gives the option to set the startup channel. Box will start up on this channel and this bouquet. This works fine as long as you use the epg to change, but using the numbered buttons will select the corresponding channels from the first bouquet on the list, usually the irish channels on 28.2 Sky, not much use if you want terrestrial. I've tried moving my custom list to the top of the bouquets to counter this using dreambox edit. It worked, but next day the bouquets are back on their old order ( Sky numbered ones followed by others), and I'm back to where I started. I think it has something yo do with the nightly update.

• Advertisement

Technofobe wrote: »
    If it has the sky skin its probably likley to be hyperion 4 or 4.5
    when you go into menu does it have an option for pkt blue panel ?
    Ye man it does

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement