Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your most unique experience

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

ruthloss wrote: »
    Bog Gas. Fairly common round those parts.

The truth is out there. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Walked on hot coals back in '03. Was very buzzed after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    The truth is out there. :cool:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

ruthloss wrote: »

That does seem to describe what Adamantium saw alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

some too sacred to relate..

but standing in wellies ankle deep in mud on a northern scottish island watching the merrie dancers - aurora borealis- is one such

seeing a depressed disabled child i tutored to help him catch up with his reading ability get so mischevious he was unscrewing the leg off the coffee table we were working at..

every year watching seeds sprout and plants flower and vegetables form. life is a miracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

To add to my earlier contribution - when I was a student, during the summer doing that 200hr £600 student summer scheme thingy I was working in a museum mounting an exhibition on WW2. One of the items was a trophy that while in my hands I read the provenance - it had been presented to the Irish showjumping team in 1938 by one Adolf Hitler, I nearly dropped the damn thing as if it was red hot. Proper dose of the heebeeejeebeeez when i realised i was holding something that had also been handled by Hitler. The wierd bridging of time and place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

that is what I see if I step outside my front door when its not cloudy and no moonlight. I take it for granted I suppose..

One of mates lives in Sligo town ( a city guy basically) and one night I brought him back to Leitrim. We got back to the house and he got out of the car first and almost fell back against the car saying "Woah ****, look at all the stars!."

I got out and sure enough it was the Milky Way in that narrow hazy like band.

It was honestly one of the amazing things, maybe even frightening, and that's why few people take heed of it and even notice it. And its there any clear night

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    That does seem to describe what Adamantium saw alright.

I'm not sure who said this but (maybe Carl Sagan):

"The truth is out there, but the lies are inside your head"

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I touched a piece of the moon in the Kennedy Space Center in Flordia, USA.

Really? It wasn't behind closed glass?

Tell me that you worked for NASA at some point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Met Cristiano Ronaldo and Kleberson in Dundalk after his first season with Man Utd. They were over for some charity dinner for the Utd supporters club in town and a relative of mine owns a barbers in town and is a massive Utd fan and somehow got the head of the supporters club to get the two of them into the barbers for photos and autographs. Have a Premier League ball and Portugal jersey signed by him.

Also, saved an 8 yr old from drowning in a rip current last Summer. Maybe not unique, but as a qualified lifeguard I felt pretty damn good about myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement