Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Gilroy steps down as leader of DDI, even bigger lunatic replaces him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭pavb2

wasn't Ben Gilroy the drunk chief of police on shield?

Whats he doing with DDI?

Nah! former landlady of The Rovers. married to Alec. iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah jaysus not saying that at all. Sure it was himself that threatened to sue boards after all and that isnt cool but feck it I think the crowd that were against him got away with a lot
    What got him banned, I think was massive cognitive dissonance, causing a highly emotional reaction on his part, in the face of posters providing definitive proof that Ben Gilroy - who he appeared to hold in high regard - promoted 'freeman' nutjob views, which significantly harmed people in court, and that he appeared (in my impression) to have influenced Biggins with similar views too.

This went up against an insurmountable wall of cognitive dissonance, which - with posters pressing the issue over a number of pages (and yes, while some posters were just stating facts, others were egging him on tbh) - eventually led to the outbursts and ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

He seems like a decent lad. Dont know why he wants to sue boards or what caused him to throw a wobbler before they banned him. I'd say though the crowd running this site were to a large extent looking for an excuse to get rid of him because they thought he was taking up too much time on the stage and since he was always polite and courteous I'd say they just started agitating him till he lost the plot.

Eh? You were posting on the thread that saw him banned. I have no idea why you feel that posters were out to get anyone, they were simply pointing out that fearless leader was hanging bolloxology on his front door.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84646544&postcount=277

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

MadsL wrote: »
    Eh? You were posting on the thread that saw him banned. I have no idea why you feel that posters were out to get anyone, they were simply pointing out that fearless leader was hanging bolloxology on his front door.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84646544&postcount=277

It wasnt just that thread, there was a regular group of people trolling him or simply pointimg things out I dont know which because I wasnt really following those threads and these lads were getting on his nerves long before that thread, thats what he told me anyway back in the day