Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Gilroy steps down as leader of DDI, even bigger lunatic replaces him

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

What is it about small political parties attracting every sort of mouth breather, gombeen, malcontent and ne'er-do-well? And then all the splits, blog posts, social media 'campaigns' and potshots?

The loony left and gibbering Republicans are mad for it as well. Great entertainment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

The more I heard about this party, and it's chairmen/leader(s?), I think that it's run by unhinged nincoompoops. One hopes that the people of Ireland never suffer the indignity of having being represented by a member of Direct Democracy Ireland.

You think that's bad, us wexfordians have had to put up with muck Wallace as a td for the last 3 years. :(

Regarding b## g##### and that shower of conspiraloons they are dangerous nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

wasn't Ben Gilroy the drunk chief of police on shield?

Whats he doing with DDI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

He stepped down obviously to put in the production hours in his big budget chat show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwr1ivNzo14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He stepped down obviously to put in the production hours in his big budget chat show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwr1ivNzo14

Tried to watch it. So boring.

I hear AERTV are going to broadcast it. How long before someone on their show libels someone and they get sued?

Especially if they get the fluoride brigade on, they love libelling people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Tried to watch it. So boring.
    eh, did you not hear th applause at every break? I was clapping along also. very entertaining.
    I hear AERTV are going to broadcast it. How long before someone on their show libels someone and they get sued?

Especially if they get the fluoride brigade on, they love libelling people.

axBFnAg.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

eh, did you not hear th applause at every break? I was clapping along also. very entertaining.

Oh you mean all the applause from the live studio audience that didn't sound fake at all?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

FinneGwale and the banks must be paying these lads to infiltrate all the new parties

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can we not have a party which advocates true direct democracy without all the fluoride conspiracy / freeman crap?
    A proper direct democracy party by definition wouldn't have policies on any of these issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Robbo wrote: »
    Rudd is the chairman, still. His contributions to the internet are, eh, interesting if you care to Google. The Wikipedia edit war concerning DDI is also quite hilarious. All kinds of allegations of shadowy forces at work.

Rudd at one stage was a prolific Walter Mitty type poster here on Boards, until in one post he threatened to sue boards. I;m sure he is still floating about here somewhere using his wife's username or as a rereg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

But they've saying for ages that their chairman was someone called Jeff Rudd. Has Mr. Gilroy been running the show from behind the scenes this whole time, like some demented puppet master?

Astonishing stuff.
    Robbo wrote: »
    Rudd is the chairman, still. His contributions to the internet are, eh, interesting if you care to Google. The Wikipedia edit war concerning DDI is also quite hilarious. All kinds of allegations of shadowy forces at work.

You mostly know him better as Biggins.

I didnt want to name him, but yeah.
    Spy, bar man, ex military strong man, IT dude and now leader of DDI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57245803&postcount=3

well he named himself before so doesnt seem that big a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

wasn't Ben Gilroy the drunk chief of police on shield?

Whats he doing with DDI?

he was.
    BUt he was a smooth operator before the booze killed him.
    helped vic out countless times, buried charges and made a killing cash wise for himself via corruption.
    He was a king among men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Biggins is the actual chairman of DDI now? Heh, that's pretty interesting.

And it would be terrible if some bored journalist where to come across his posts here and see some of the terrible half truth, extreme comments and out right lies that he posted here over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Unless events have moved again, he's ex-Chairman.
    He was appointed chairman at the AGM in December but resigned totally from the organisation a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Biggins never struck me as someone with OTT views. He did say he was involved with FF at one stage then saw the light, but I wouldn't have put him down as a nutter and I was honestly shocked when he went off the rails with his suing threats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Pegmatite wrote: »
    And it would be terrible if some bored journalist where to come across his posts here and see some of the terrible half truth, extreme comments and out right lies that he posted here over the years.
    I hope that doesn't happen. It would be unnecessary since he doesn't have any chance of getting elected anywhere anyway and, from what I've observed from his postings lately, he doesn't seem the most stable of individuals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

No interest in either Gilroy or DDI but the OP who started this thread stinks of Government.

Reckon Labour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The Freeman on the Land crowd have yet to mount a successful legal case anywhere in the world. That tells you all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Unless events have moved again, he's ex-Chairman.
    He was appointed chairman at the AGM in December but resigned totally from the organisation a few weeks ago.

Dd he give any reason?
    I really miss Biggins. One of the comparatively few on Boards who believed in activism and that democracy isn't a spectator sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dd he give any reason?
    I really miss Biggins. One of the comparatively few on Boards who believed in activism and that democracy isn't a spectator sport.

He also allowed himself to get caught up with these other nutters, though. And continues to go out of his way to defend their indefensible actions. Someone has already said it, but a group espousing the virtues of 'direct democracy' should not have any strong political ideals themselves.. let alone the right-wing & populist ideals of DDI.

They've probably set the argument for a move towards direct democracy in Ireland back by years by allowing their stubborn views on specific issues to get in the way of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dd he give any reason?

From a thread on boards politics forum.
    After another in DDI Louth doing something (short version: back-stabbed and slandered) that effected my family deeply, I put my family first and resigned from DDI completely. I got no help from the heads of DDI who again proved to be completely useless.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89456593&postcount=180

Personally I always find his politics amongst the most obnoxious, its the politics of 'agree with me 100% or I'll abuse you from a height'.
    Its politics as practised by a 3 year old having a tantrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

FTA69 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGcrX457a74

Click the above link to see DDI's Campaign Song to the tune of Sinatra's New York, New York.

It's actually worse than the Holocaust.

oh no you didn't :D

cml387 wrote: »
    Biggins never struck me as someone with OTT views. He did say he was involved with FF at one stage then saw the light, but I wouldn't have put him down as a nutter and I was honestly shocked when he went off the rails with his suing threats.

He seems like a decent lad. Dont know why he wants to sue boards or what caused him to throw a wobbler before they banned him. I'd say though the crowd running this site were to a large extent looking for an excuse to get rid of him because they thought he was taking up too much time on the stage and since he was always polite and courteous I'd say they just started agitating him till he lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

The paranoid claims that get made on this place. It wasn't the crowd running the site at all that were agitating him. It was particular posters who were not running anything.
    Yeh he was reasonable and pleasant a lot of the time but some of the stuff he posted in relation to politics wasn't at all, it was highly accusatory and inflammatory. If you dared dissent from the "The government are all a shower of crooks" tedium you were in for it. People challenged him on it and he didn't like it.

The paranoid claims that get made on this place. It wasn't the crowd running the site at all that were agitating him. It was particular posters who were not running anything.
    Yeh he was reasonable and pleasant a lot of the time but some of the stuff he posted in relation to politics wasn't at all, it was highly accusatory and inflammatory. If you dared dissent from the "The government are all a shower of crooks" tedium you were in for it. People challenged him on it and he didn't like it.

You mean the shower in government arent crooks? :shocked: Before he got banned they were 'on to him' as such and I suppose the particular posters he was having bother with at the time might not have been reigned in when someome doing the same thing to someone else would. Even in posts where people disagreed with him he took the time to explain his point of view better, in my experience anyway. I havnt read all 30k of his posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Are you saying he had absolutely no responsibility at all in getting banned?

• Advertisement

Are you saying he had absolutely no responsibility at all in getting banned?

Ah jaysus not saying that at all. Sure it was himself that threatened to sue boards after all and that isnt cool but feck it I think the crowd that were against him got away with a lot

Advertisement