Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini Cut Vlog

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Dropped the weight on the deadlift. Form was sloppy on OHP so will use same weight next time.
    Happy enough with squat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That was better with the deadlift, but there was still some slack there - but definitely not as much.
    Dropping the load will never hurt when you are trying to correct form. However in this case, it's more about setup than the actual lift. You've no tension on the bar before you lift. Some reps are better than others. That "clack" at the start of the lift is the bar hitting off the plates, it should already be tight against the plates before you pull. If there is gap between the bar and plates will make the noise whether there is 60kg or 160kg loaded up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtfmoPxUHE

Up at 5.30 am and in there for 6am meant I wasn't firing on all cylinders so went for reps for a change.
    Also forgot a bottle of water. Would not recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just on the barbell rows - and I noticed only because I was making sure I was conscious of bit when I was back doing them myself a few weeks back - when you pull it up, pull it back towards the hip.The reason being that if you row straight up, you'll see your bicep comes into it towards the top...you'll see the angle at the elbow narrows a good bit. That means less lat activation.

Pulling back towards the hip means the bicep doesn't really take over so there's more lat activation.

So like nearly drag it up the leg is it? That sort of way if I'm articulating that right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

9bred4 wrote: »
    So like nearly drag it up the leg is it? That sort of way if I'm articulating that right

Yeah that sounds like a better way of putting it. So not straight up but like you said.

It's not that you're doing it wrong, by the way...just how to get more out of it. I've felt it more in my lats when I really made sure I was doing it

I did that this morning, I'll stick up the video after work. Felt it a bit more in the back alright rather than the biceps assisting

• Advertisement

Such a bad gym session today. Couldn't even squat at all without getting a pain in my knee from my form. Couldn't deadlift either. Shyte!

Advertisement