Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€130 in Xtravision now (4.5 inch version)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Now my phone is fecked! :(

I turn it on and it passes the Motorola boot logo but then I'm met with a totally black screen.

I can see light coming through it but I can't interact with it.

Looking it up it apparently happens to 1 in every million phones!

Tried clearing cache and factory resetting... Nothing :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hynesenberg

Getting very very confused with all these different Moto G's popping up.
    Is it still the best phone in this price category? And where is the best place to get one?
    Also which is the better argos offer?
    The
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G LTE Mobile Phone - Black for 199e with argos
    Or
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G 5 Inch - Black 189e with argos?
    Sorry can't send links cause i'm a new user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Getting very very confused with all these different Moto G's popping up.
    Is it still the best phone in this price category? And where is the best place to get one?
    Also which is the better argos offer?
    The
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G LTE Mobile Phone - Black for 199e with argos
    Or
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G 5 Inch - Black 189e with argos?
    Sorry can't send links cause i'm a new user.

Depends if you want 4g or want the 5 inch without 4g but with a better camera.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have my Moto G a week now and it's a fantastic phone.
    The 8gb storage is fine for me, not expandable.
    The screen size is smaller than I'm used to but it's lovely and crisp.
    And I picked it up off a guy, phone in perfect condition, for €90.
    Probably the best value phone I've ever owned, certainly I'm liking it more than my S4, at least there's no proximity sensor issues.

Lollipop on the way, but running well with Nova and the Flatro icon set.

Next phone will definitely be a Nexus... . Or Moto.... . Unless the Flex 2 is out from Samsung...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hynesenberg

Nolars wrote: »
    Depends if you want 4g or want the 5 inch without 4g but with a better camera.

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the 4g. But for someone not really in the know, what would the big differences between this phone and say the Vodafone Smart 4g be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Does anyone know if any shops are carrying the 5" Moto G? Argos seems to be wiped out across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

Tesco have the 5 inch online.

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    Tesco have the 5 inch online.

Thanks, looking to get it in a store before or over the weekend if I can. I'm not sure if unlock codes are available for the 5" yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

€180 for the 5 inch with Tescomobile. That would have been a good deal for me. Even if the phone is locked, it could have saved me a tenner over Argos since I'm already with Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

+ the clubcard bonus, Im getting one for the mother I think.

Thargor wrote: »
    + the clubcard bonus, Im getting one for the mother I think.

Oh interesting, will have to see what the auld one has on her card. Thanks!

So, does anyone know if unlock codes are available for the 5" Moto G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Now people have mentioned the Tesco 5" it would be nice if someone could confirm if it is dual sim or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Very disappointed with this phone>battery life and storage.

Even though I have no music or pictures etc on it still it tells me storage full.

Cant even receive text msgs now.

Seen reviews saying this phone was comparable to iphone earlier models¬!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

de biz wrote: »
    Very disappointed with this phone>battery life and storage.

Even though I have no music or pictures etc on it still it tells me storage full.

Cant even receive text msgs now.

Seen reviews saying this phone was comparable to iphone earlier models¬!
    Ahh, come out of it. You've obviously messed something up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

minitrue wrote: »
    Now people have mentioned the Tesco 5" it would be nice if someone could confirm if it is dual sim or not :p
    Pretty sure it has been said her a couple of times that it is dual-SIM.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Where is the cheapest place/site to get the Moto G 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

does anyone know where I can get the new moto g sim free in cork city over the weekend, argos is out of stock and I could not really find it anywhere else

thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyones Chrome costantly hanging? Often i need to close all tabs and begin again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place/site to get the Moto G 4G?

It's unlocked on Amazon for about 182 delivered, and you don't have to use parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Just lost my phone this evening so badly need to pick up something tomorrow.
    Does anyone know any place I could pick up the 5 inch Moto G anywhere in Dublin tomorrow?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

David900 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any place I could pick up the 5 inch Moto G anywhere in Dublin tomorrow?

Are you with Tesco Mobile by any chance?

Nimr wrote: »
    Are you with Tesco Mobile by any chance?

Unfortunately not. I'm with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did you try tracking it?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Did you try tracking it?

I'm not sure how to do that to be honest.
    It's a Galaxy 4 and I didn't have any tracking apps installed on it...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not sure how to do that to be honest.
    It's a Galaxy 4 and I didn't have any tracking apps installed on it...

Log into the Google Device Manager, it's Google's equivalent to find my iPhone. Not sure if it is enabled by default however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would that work on Tesco mobile over here?

I'd be all over this, can't see anything on their website.

Sadly Tesco seemed to have my phone in Belfast and have thrown up a message querying the address but didn't bother to contact me in any way.
    I had tried to get it to a Dublin Parcel motel address by way of the old BT11AA thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd be all over this, can't see anything on their website.

Sadly Tesco seemed to have my phone in Belfast and have thrown up a message querying the address but didn't bother to contact me in any way.
    I had tried to get it to a Dublin Parcel motel address by way of the old BT11AA thing.
    Might need to read how parcel motel works. No need for that postcode. You send it to Antrim and they deliver it to whatever motel you have chosen.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Bought this cover for my phone. Worked out at £4.20 including delivery. Took a week to arrive. Am happy enough with quality.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C=3AOWPWPM94BIV&K=A1RD0F36IIIGQE&R=ESML0FH5634B&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fdp%2FB00NMGAU3G%2Fref%3Dpe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1&A=YIWXBPBDGAFAM4CDMSHTWGS3FOSA&H=C6NQ0PACAOONVHMPPBONMINQ1S8A

Sorry seems to have gone up from 3 to 4 pounds since I ordered it

Managed to reserve a 5" version in Argos in Kildare. It's worth checking once in a while for anyone looking as stock seems to pop up now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 certifiable365

I don't see this online on xtravision - is it only available within street stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Tesco mobile have the Moto G 5 inch back in stock at €179.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

As someone else asked, where? It's not online and my local store says they "don't do" phones any more... (which is new, if it's true?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Anyone having an issue with their headphone socket? My headphones only fit in loosely, the slightest touch knocks them out. Thinking of returning to Amazon for a replacement.

Anyone having an issue with their headphone socket? My headphones only fit in loosely, the slightest touch knocks them out. Thinking of returning to Amazon for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Catmologen wrote: »

No issue myself and got it on amazon

physioman wrote: »
    No issue myself and got it on amazon

Mine was fine up until yesterday morning, I think the little clip inside has been damaged somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

peckerhead wrote: »
    As someone else asked, where? It's not online and my local store says they "don't do" phones any more... (which is new, if it's true?).

I saw this version in xtravision Limerick in parkway today for 150 euro. They do a small selection of phones in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

I saw this version in xtravision Limerick in parkway today for 150 euro. They do a small selection of phones in there.

The 4g version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

honda boi wrote: »
    The 4g version?

No don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I don't see this online on xtravision - is it only available within street stores?

peckerhead wrote: »

Xtravision artane had them, says €150 on the wall, scanned at €130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If anyone is still looking for a case for the 5" they are available in B+M shops now. I got mine at the concession stall in the Eyre Sq Centre in Galway. €15. She only got them in today so I guess they will be widely available shortly.
    They are labeled as Moto G2 cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

I have an original moto g which I'm quite happy with but lately if the battery goes flat or I have to restart the phone, it doesn't connect to the phone network. No error, just no reception. I have to reseat the SIM to get it back on the network. Has anyone had any similar issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I have an original moto g which I'm quite happy with but lately if the battery goes flat or I have to restart the phone, it doesn't connect to the phone network. No error, just no reception. I have to reseat the SIM to get it back on the network. Has anyone had any similar issue?

I have the original also. I bought it last February Sim Free and I am very happy with it, but now and then it will display the No Sim icon and disconnect from the network and I have to re-seat the Sim to get it back. It doesn't happen often and I think it tends to happen if the phone has been stressed in my back pocket, or slightly bent. It's annoying but other than that it's great. I can live with it so I haven't had it replaced but if it got worse I would.

The only other thing I dislike it the low RAM. If I'm browsing it becomes apparent when I use more than one tab as it often reloads the page if I flick between them, causing me to lose my place in a page/forum. Happens all the time using Reddit or Slashdot. The phone itself is still in great shape, with no scratches so I think over all the build quality is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads I have a bit of a problem, I hope someone can help

I have the 2nd gen moto g and mounted a 32gb SD card which went fine

The card shows up in storage but when I use airdroid or any ftp apps, the SD card folder isnt visible even though its mounted whuch means I cant transfer any of my music onto it

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can fix this?

Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lads I have a bit of a problem, I hope someone can help

I have the 2nd gen moto g and mounted a 32gb SD card which went fine

The card shows up in storage but when I use airdroid or any ftp apps, the SD card folder isnt visible even though its mounted whuch means I cant transfer any of my music onto it

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can fix this?

Thanks lads

Haven't found it yet...

http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1411365-how-to-set-external-sd-card-if-it-is-not-detected-

EDIT: Found it - system/storage/sdcard1

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

thanks mate, have tried a few paths but still no luck

Do you happen to know the path to the SD card that the moto g uses?

thanks mate, have tried a few paths but still no luck

Do you happen to know the path to the SD card that the moto g uses?

^^

system/storage/sdcard1

(sdcard0 is the internal storage)

Moto G2 Android 5.0 Lollipop changleog (now removed from Motorola site) -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g-2014/general/lollipop-roll-changelog-inside-t2932542

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Tried to go through the Moto system of finding out when we'll get the Lollipop upgrade but no success.

First gen OG Moto G (Should be called the Moto OG?) Still happy enough with it about a year on and wondering when we'll get this update. Anyone a bit more clued in on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement