Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btea

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Not too sure how all the different payments work, only been on JSA since February this year.

I was receiving 100e a week because I'm 21, and then another 100e for my boyfriend as he's a dependent adult. When I start college (th 15th, woo!) I'll be receiving 160e for myself and then 100e for my boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

Anyone received payment yet? Got my first payment today into my bank account but only got 144e when I was told it would be 160e :/

Anyone received payment yet? Got my first payment today into my bank account but only got 144e when I was told it would be 160e :/

Was 144e how much you were receiving on the JSA, and have you started college yet?

I rang them yesterday and they sorted me out .Going to get 160e a weeek. yeah i was getting 144e on Jobseekers. I started college on the 1st septmember

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

Hi lads,I got on btea provisionally 9 days ago but I haven't got another letter confirming my payment ,even though I got payment in bank last thurs,anyone else like this,thanks.;)

• Advertisement

mosii wrote: »
    Hi lads,I got on btea provisionally 9 days ago but I haven't got another letter confirming my payment ,even though I got payment in bank last thurs,anyone else like this,thanks.;)

I also never got confirmation that I was defo getting it ,just told I was provisional. i guess they are too lazy (busy) to send another letter. once im getting paid i dont care!

I also never got confirmation that I was defo getting it ,just told I was provisional. i guess they are too lazy (busy) to send another letter. once im getting paid i dont care!

I think you should still give them a letter or else your payment could stop. I think it's a matter of giving you your payment for a period of time,because getting a letter from your college could take awhile.

Oh yeah I gave them the letter already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rayser_k

Hey guys, hoping somebody can help.

I've applied for BTEA. The course I'm starting is a Higher Diploma in TV Production(level 8).

I already hold a BA in Arts(level 8).

The info I've been getting from welfare.ie and citizens information is kind of conflicting.

I'm wondering because they are both level 8, will I be entitled to BTEA. welfare.ie says any H.Dip is eligible as it is a post graduate qualification but it goes on to add that there has to be progression.

According to SUSI the H.Dip is seen as progression from a Degree. I am confused!!

I would ring the people dealing with btea directly ,they are very helpful and informative,or you could ring the person dealing with btea in your social and ask them direct ,most of them are ok,and they should tell you straight away .do it Monday .the number for btea is Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999 as I said the lady on the other side is very helful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rayser_k

Will do. Thanks for that.

Hi, do welfare check how many days out of college a person on btea misses ,i was sick for a week,and im wondering will I possibly be penalised.thanks

mosii wrote: »
    Hi, do welfare check how many days out of college a person on btea misses ,i was sick for a week,and im wondering will I possibly be penalised.thanks

I think they might do, I haven't read it anywhere but I was told a couple of times that they do. I wouldn't worry about it too much, are you in uni / IT / plc college? Just give in a sick note or email your class tutor why you missed a week, should be fine :)

PLC Thanks for reply

Anyone know the story regarding payments over the holidays? Will we get a double payment tomorrow (that's when I get it) or what? :)

Anyone know the story regarding payments over the holidays? Will we get a double payment tomorrow (that's when I get it) or what? :)

I get mine on thursdays too. Not sure if it will just go in as normal every week or if we will get double

Hi I know this is a bit early ,but im wondering whats the procedure for coming off btea and going back on jsa in may ,do the social contact me in writing,Thanks

I think they contact you in writing alright :)

I was wondering about that too!! Do we automatically get put back on it in september then? Or do we have to reapply? WOuld be nice to know we are guaranteed it again in september

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

you automatically get put back on the dole.. you'll get a letter to sign on and that'll activate your jsa again..

Do I have to be unemployed for the summer if I want btea this year? can someone tell me please...

• Advertisement

carzony wrote: »
    you automatically get put back on the dole.. you'll get a letter to sign on and that'll activate your jsa again..

Do I have to be unemployed for the summer if I want btea this year? can someone tell me please...

I don't think you have to be unemployed, just on jsa for a certain period of time, like 9 months or something

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Hey, can anyone help me here?

A letter was sent out a couple of months ago to anyone on BTEA, for the college to sign basically saying we were still attending, I'm sure everyone here got it. I never got it because I hadn't told the welfare office I had moved. My fault, I know. So when I didn't get my payment one day a couple of weeks ago, I found out why, and had to go to the welfare office and get the letter. The person I was dealing with was a complete d**k, didn't even sit down and talk to me, just stood behind his chair and was really rude overall. So when he asked why I didn't get my letter, I told him I had moved. He scolded me, fair enough, and I gave him my address.

But here's my problem : there's another building with the same address as mine, except it has "west" added on to the end. Also, my apartment isn't official or something, because it never comes up on any official address lists (like for UPC). I haven't been able to receive a couple of things that have been sent to me in the past, other than upc and electricity bills. My roommates and I went to the place that has the same address as us, but they didn't have any of our post. The post office were useless, the post man for our area gets changed so often we can't talk to him, and we asked our landlord to put a number on the front door but he said there was no point (I'm not sure of his reasons for this). So, I don't have post delivered here anymore.

So, when I gave the rude guy in the welfare office my address, of course the OTHER building came up. I didn't realise until I'd left that he had the wrong one. When I went back later that day with the signed letter, I told him I had given him the wrong address, because there was another place with the same address as mine etc. He gave me a really dirty look and changed it.

So, he has the right address, but I'm still really afraid I'll miss the letter for signing back on to JSA. I tried explaining to him that post has always gotten lost on it's way to me, but he didn't care. I know there's nothing he can do, but I don't think there's anything I can do either - is there? I don't think going in to the welfare office will be much help, unless they can maybe text / call me when BTEA payments are over, and the JSA letters are ready? I really don't know :S

Any help / ideas / advice would be great, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Hey, can anyone help me here?

A letter was sent out a couple of months ago to anyone on BTEA, for the college to sign basically saying we were still attending, I'm sure everyone here got it. I never got it because I hadn't told the welfare office I had moved. My fault, I know. So when I didn't get my payment one day a couple of weeks ago, I found out why, and had to go to the welfare office and get the letter. The person I was dealing with was a complete d**k, didn't even sit down and talk to me, just stood behind his chair and was really rude overall. So when he asked why I didn't get my letter, I told him I had moved. He scolded me, fair enough, and I gave him my address.

But here's my problem : there's another building with the same address as mine, except it has "west" added on to the end. Also, my apartment isn't official or something, because it never comes up on any official address lists (like for UPC). I haven't been able to receive a couple of things that have been sent to me in the past, other than upc and electricity bills. My roommates and I went to the place that has the same address as us and asked them to contact us if anything for us arrived. The post office were useless, the post man for our area gets changed so often we can't talk to him, and we asked our landlord to put a number on the front door but he said there was no point (I'm not sure of his reasons for this). So, I don't have post delivered here anymore.

So, when I gave the rude guy in the welfare office my address, of course the OTHER building came up. I didn't realise until I'd left that he had the wrong one. When I went back later that day with the signed letter, I told him I had given him the wrong address, because there was another place with the same address as mine etc. He gave me a really dirty look and changed it.

So, he has the right address, but I'm still really afraid I'll miss the letter for signing back on to JSA. I tried explaining to him that post has always gotten lost on it's way to me, but he didn't care. I know there's nothing he can do, but I don't think there's anything I can do either - is there? I don't think going in to the welfare office will be much help, unless they can maybe text / call me when BTEA payments are over, and the JSA letters are ready? I really don't know :S

Any help / ideas / advice would be great, thank you!

Hi ,finishing BTEA in May, whats the story with going back on jobseekers Benefit Will they contact me, or do I need to call into social.Thanks.....

You'll just go back onto jobseekers. they'll send you a letter to sign on

Thanks for reply and help...........:)

sorry just another question, do the college notify the social when the course finishes.....

no, everyone finishes btea around the same date..

Thanks again for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hey Carzony. Was your payment 204 again this year? Any idea why you were getting it? I was getting it all year and wondering will I get it come september. I had a lot of stamps and was on JB up until 2 or 3 weeks before college so was on JA for those weeks. Think that could be why?

Advertisement