Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT and Road Tax Evasion

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No its not. He also mentioned the person in question is a Nigerian asylum seeker on refugee dole.

Big deal if he did what does that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

jammywammy wrote: »

Seems the complaint hasnt been dealt with. But I think the motive of his complaint became interesting to boarders when he mentioned that they where on the "refugee dole". Might not be relevent but hard to ignore

I disagree the guys car is registered or its not anything else is just smoke and mirrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Zambia wrote: »

Racists tend to be unsavoury characters, likely to ignore the facts and truth, when they have a race based motive for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Because his problem with the neighbour has more to it. He has a prejudicial opinion of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jammywammy

I disagree the guys car is registered or its not anything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Hmmm...not sure on that. Although, I bet his ears are burning something terrible ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Because his problem with the neighbour has more to it. He has a prejudicial opinion of him.

Fair enough if he said Nigerians should be more subject to road tax or something, but the person's nationality only came into it after several pages on an unrelated point.

Also, the OP never specified that the person was another race, only their nationality. That detail has been filled in by commenters own minds. Boom!

TheChizler wrote: »
    Fair enough if he said Nigerians should be more subject to road tax or something, but the person's nationality only came into it after several pages on an unrelated point.

Also, the OP never specified that the person was another race, only their nationality. That detail has been filled in by commenters own minds. Boom!

Actually, the op mentioned it on the first page (I think 9th post). And yes I dont think he mentioned nationality. I did ask but he hasnt responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

TheChizler wrote: »

Ooooooooh like it ;)

Well either way black or white him being an asylum seeker on refugee dole makes me believe he would favour pre conceived ideas rather than the facts. I would stick my neck out and say the OP is absolutely seething an asylum seeker a sought asylum next door to his house.

Iv known lot of people to be lazy, by choice or genuinely, about getting the plates done after bringing a car across. They are not long getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bruthal wrote: »
    Is it a UK reg car:pac:

But anyway, have you ever broken any law? Or are you indeed perfect, only awaiting the white smoke to confirm your papal style infallibility?

(Or did you really runaway?)

I have never claimed to be perfect. I have always paid my car tax on time though. Are you not allowed to report a crime unless you have a perfect record?

I'm actually a horse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

deckycoop wrote: »
    Sorry only read parts off this. But to noel. Do you know tat the Irish government are breaking European law.s by imposing a import duty like vrt...

Have you got a link to that judgement. I'm pretty certain the EU have said it is not against the law.

• Advertisement

I have never claimed to be perfect. I have always paid my car tax on time though. Are you not allowed to report a crime unless you have a perfect record?

All the horses I know are far less opinionated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I have a far from perfect record. However, I am not reporting others for their imperfect records. You however would.
    Where does it become OK to break the law?

I guess the ones you break, are ok to break so. So its a case of you reporting people for laws they break, but you breaking laws you cant easily be reported for.

Well now at least I know you dont live next door.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

This thread has run its course.

Noel Kinsella, if you have reported the matter to An Garda Siochana and Customs and not received what you feel is a satisfactory response, there are a number of avenues you can go down.

Write to a more Senior rank explaining the situation or in the case of An Garda Siochana contact the GSOC.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement