Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Jerseys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

381751_10151528873083502_1026025109_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Can't see a Hunky Dorys Jersey winning the All-Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Joekers wrote: »
    O'neils just posted this on the Hill16 Facebook page

I know there's feck all of it on show but the hexagons look like something off a soccer jersey. I hope they don't go with that sh1te v-neck style without the collar again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

2013 Jerseys so far:

Armagh:
    armagh-2013-jersey-senior-1_1.jpgarmagh-2012-away-jersey-1_1_1.jpg

Meath:
    meath-2012-jersey-1.jpgmeath-2012-keepers-jersey-1_1.jpg

Tyrone
    tyrone-2013-jersey-white-1.jpgtyrone-2013-jersey-red-1.jpgtyrone-2013-jersey-black-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Frainc

dublin jersey out next week apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Frainc wrote: »
    dublin jersey out next week apparently

Hope it is modelled on the Mayo one from this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

2013 Jerseys so far:

Armagh:
    armagh-2013-jersey-senior-1_1.jpgarmagh-2012-away-jersey-1_1_1.jpg

Meath:
    meath-2012-jersey-1.jpgmeath-2012-keepers-jersey-1_1.jpg

Tyrone
    tyrone-2013-jersey-white-1.jpgtyrone-2013-jersey-red-1.jpgtyrone-2013-jersey-black-1.jpg

Armagh winning a pretty **** race so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

i don't really like the armagh jersey, its too much like a rugby jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liking the Armagh and Tyrone away Jersey. Colours look best on them compared to home and Goalie ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

New Dublin Shirt

49852009.jpg

61068489.jpg

55034354.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

That's awful looking tbh^.

Last years one was much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Dublin jersey looks much nicer on than hanging up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Joekers

solarith wrote: »
    Dublin jersey looks much nicer on than hanging up.
    Yea definitely agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

the armagh away jersey is savage. i'm not liking the new dublin kit.

That Dublin kit is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Really hate the full Navy sleeves. Never liked the jersey a few years ago that was like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

But realistically, it's still extremely plain and a 4 year old could have designed it. It screams 'default'.

New dubs jersey reminds me of the Ladies kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Always look forward to the new Dubs jersey being released. Coincides with getting a new mop for the bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

iDave wrote: »
    Always look forward to the new Dubs jersey being released. Coincides with getting a new mop for the bathroom.

That if it's true is truly disgusting..

Mop should be changed monthly.

I could not see myself dropping food in your home and abiding by the 5 second rule lol

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

im not liking the dublin jersey, i have to say i really liked the one from last year but this one just reminds me of the dublin jersey from afew years ago that i thought was horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Don't like the Dublin jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know if their will be an away Dublin jersey released on Friday. I was planning to get one for mis sister for x-mas and I think she would prefer a white away one to the home blue one. Its more feminine looking:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

billyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know if their will be an away Dublin jersey released on Friday. I was planning to get one for mis sister for x-mas and I think she would prefer a white away one to the home blue one. Its more feminine looking:D

Dublin ladies gaelic jersies are on http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/ladies-gaa/dublin-ladies-gaa.html - nice looking jersey tbh, might be an option

billyhead wrote: »

I doubt they will be available straight away, but you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The new Dublin jerseys are an incredible dis-improvement on the old ones. The navy down the sides make them appear narrow and retro in the worst sense of the word.

I'd love to see the GAA start to introduce retro jersey in the same way the NFL does. Obviously you'd need to add the current sponsors to the jerseys (hopefully in a more tasteful way that just sticking the same size and colour logo on them as are the regular ones, perhaps some of the sponsors could use their own old logos to add to the effect?) or get permission to play a match sans sponsors but it both would look damn cool and rake in more jersey sales without making the current ones obsolete.

It's not like the pre-sponsorship jerseys were complex creations and perhaps the only correction that'd need to be made is to produce them in sizes more akin to the play fit versions of current jerseys so that playing in them doesn't give the other team an unintended advantage when it comes to pulling and dragging.

I like the new jersey, the dark sides made the belly more flattering! It's been three years, and time for a change. A bit dissapointing the logo stayed read but i wonder if anyone actually made a formal complaint about it being red, so how would the designer know?

As regard comments about using a Dublin jersey as a mop, fair play to anyone who can afford to fork out 60 euro for a mop head, i doubt it would do much for your floor. :D

i wonder if anyone actually made a formal complaint about it being red
    Jesus. H. Christ.

Jesus. H. Christ.

The point is, why wouldnt it be red, they would have no reason to make a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Patser

Not liking that Dublin jersey much at all, and had really been hoping for a great new one since the last one over the last 3 years wasn't great either IMO.

That new one just looks so plain, like something you'd see as a knock off in a Carroll's or Penney's. Especially the Ath Cliath on the back (just from looking at the photo) - it looks really cheap, as if done in a 5 minute rush job in a Malaysian factory. It does look a bit better on (again judging by pictures) so maybe I should hold fire a little til I see it fully in the flesh but initial impressions are of a big let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It only looks better on because Eoghan O'Gara looks like he was carved out of granite, it looks like a skanger's polo shirt on the guy with the hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Is there a date set for the Dubs jersey? I'll probably be getting is as a Christmas pressie for someone

Is there a date set for the Dubs jersey? I'll probably be getting is as a Christmas pressie for someone

It's in shops as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesy67

Anybody know anything about another new down jersey for jan 2013? Heard something about a new sponsor? Just wondering because I was going to buy one for Christmas present, but if there's a new one in jan, is it worth it!

stetyrrell wrote: »
    It's in shops as of today.

€46 in the O'Neills factory shop, €60 in most sport shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 CorkWalsh2012

Does anyone know when the new Cork jersey is comin out?

Does anyone know when the new Cork jersey is comin out?
    They've already given up on the Christmas Market, it'll be the new year. All about getting the right sponsor in these difficult times.

Jamesy67 wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about another new down jersey for jan 2013? Heard something about a new sponsor? Just wondering because I was going to buy one for Christmas present, but if there's a new one in jan, is it worth it!
    if you know the sponsor is changing, i definitely would wait for two reasons. Prices will go down on the current one, and the new one will most likely make the older one suddenly look old fashioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Meath and Tyrone are absolutely honking :eek:

Cant make my mind up on the Dubs one as on the hanger it's s*ite but on the body not so bad

So far for 2013, Meath, Tyrone, Armagh, and Dublin have switched with Cork set to follow.

Other possibilities are Wexford (last change in 2009), Offaly (2009), Antrim (2010), Leitrim (2010), Monaghan(2009), Louth (Design changed 2010 with new badge for 2011) and Wicklow (2010).

Heard rumours a while back that Canal Court were no longer going to sponsor Down but yet to be officially confirmed.

• Advertisement

Meath and Tyrone are absolutely honking :eek:

Cant make my mind up on the Dubs one as on the hanger it's s*ite but on the body not so bad
    Well, my tip would be to keep it on the body and stop looking at it on the hanger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

So far for 2013, Meath, Tyrone, Armagh, and Dublin have switched with Cork set to follow.

Other possibilities are Wexford (last change in 2009), Offaly (2009), Antrim (2010), Leitrim (2010), Monaghan(2009), Louth (Design changed 2010 with new badge for 2011) and Wicklow (2010).

Heard rumours a while back that Canal Court were no longer going to sponsor Down but yet to be officially confirmed.

New Louth jersey due out this coming weekend, county board confirmed it on Monday night with new sponsors Morgan Fuels replacing McCabes builders.
    Thats my xmas present to myself sorted:)

andrew1977 wrote: »
    New Louth jersey due out this coming weekend, county board confirmed it on Monday night with new sponsors Morgan Fuels replacing McCabes builders.
    Thats my xmas present to myself sorted:)
    Best wishes to Louth with Morgan Fuels, their treatment by their previous partners was nothing short of disgraceful imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Showing a lot of class by quickly hopping into bed with the neighbours as well, wp Mr Morgan.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Showing a lot of class by quickly hopping into bed with the neighbours as well, wp Mr Morgan.
    He's always traversed the border with aplomb to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Galway will also 100% be getting a new jersey this year. Before anyone asks in which code, they're combining both the hurling and the football this year, apparently they have had talks with a sponsor to appear on the jersey and they just need to finalise the deal, can't see it being out for Christmas at this late stage. Whoever it is, I hope Supermac's get first refusal, been on the hurling jersey for 22 years.

Will also be interesting to see which crest they take, the football one is a nice design, but the hurling one is a good old fashioned one. Not really fussed which one they take, or even if they combine, as long as they don't make a complete bollocks of it and we end up with some shít of a crest like the new Kerry one.

Anyone know who is the most frequent jersey changer? Don't think it it dublin, its usually every three years for dublin except for the time sponsorship changed from Arnotts to Vodafone, Dublin rarely change sponsor, perhaps there is a county out there that continually changes sponsor and therefore requires new jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone know who is the most frequent jersey changer? Don't think it it dublin, its usually every three years for dublin except for the time sponsorship changed from Arnotts to Vodafone, Dublin rarely change sponsor, perhaps there is a county out there that continually changes sponsor and therefore requires new jerseys?

Dunno if it's the most frequent but Kilkenny changed their jersey twice in the last couple of years. They brought in one with embroidered shoulder stripes and then (it seems to me, open to correction) the following year changed again to the one they have now with the shoulder stripes veering backwards.

Didn't bother me because I'm still rocking the last one DJ Carey played in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

155413_10151559247843502_1734632741_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Dunno what to make of the Antrim one.

Who's is the stadium in the background, doesn't look like Casement Park and cannot think of any other ones with yellow seats?

Advertisement