Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Thanks guys got the achivment for the stock... thanks who bought them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

sure the developers will be shaking in there boots

Its only one guy behind the scenes, he has a bunch of testers also. Seriousy though, I know they dont give a feck about me, but with all the $$ hes making you think he would have a problem thats been ongoing for months now sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭corkandproud

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Its only one guy behind the scenes, he has a bunch of testers also. Seriousy though, I know they dont give a feck about me, but with all the $$ hes making you think he would have a problem thats been ongoing for months now sorted!

Harsh, considering its a free game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

growing and growing :)
    33xv4mg.gif

2zf52k0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Floggit Airlines Now at 40 routes..!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

AM down for maintenance during the day, hopefully this will sort out some of the responce and tim out issues.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gaff85 wrote: »
    AM down for maintenance during the day, hopefully this will sort out some of the responce and tim out issues.

Its not down for maintenance for me......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its not down for maintenance for me......?

Working alright for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Harsh, considering its a free game.

I think the CEO of Griffair has a point. OK, the game is free but it's being hosted on facebook so if they are not able to handle the loads then they should quit. Also, as wayne said, the developers are making money from it.
    Oh, and I'd sack the testers, they must be the worst testers ever :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

OK, the game is free but it's being hosted on facebook so if they are not able to handle the loads then they should quit.

I think facebook provides an initial platform and user data and then merely redirects to somewhere else. The 'developer' mentioned twice over the last two weeks that they are moving to more powerful servers (it was a bit faster the second time, but has since gone downhill).

Images are hosted on imageshak.us, activewebs.dk amongst others ....

There were multiple 1 hour updates during the day yesterday as well ... guess they are (or better: he is) applying some patches.

Also keep in mind, when this thread started there were probably a couple of thousand players, now AM has over 184'000 active users

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hugoline wrote: »
    I think facebook provides an initial platform and user data and then merely redirects to somewhere else. The 'developer' mentioned twice over the last two weeks that they are moving to more powerful servers (it was a bit faster the second time, but has since gone downhill).

Images are hosted on imageshak.us, activewebs.dk amongst others ....

There were multiple 1 hour updates during the day yesterday as well ... guess they are (or better: he is) applying some patches.

Also keep in mind, when this thread started there were probably a couple of thousand players, now AM has over 184'000 active users

good points, OK maybe I'm being a tad harsh, the game has seen massive surge in interest. However if the game remains as sluggish as it has been lately I will think about packing it in..I'm sure the developer isn't too worried but my stockholders will be:eek: (ahem, no, forget I said that :D )

I imagine a fair few people have made contributions to the developer through the upgrade scheme (they must have done- how else are there so many airlines with ridiculous valuations)- so there is a considerable base out there for whom the game has not been a free game. Servers are cheap- loadsharing easy to setup etc- I accept its a one man band- but perhaps its time that some of the cash generated was ploughed back into the game again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 angelwingz

just started this game got 12 routes in 4 days how do you lease aircraft???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 angelwingz

how do l get to invest in others and how do l get investors in my airline angelwingz ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

hows things airlines, il be home at 6.30pm to spend the 80m on new planes, so shares will be going up

What do ye think of the new cut down screen- its only showing 10 flights per page- regardless of whether you have flights getting c-checks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

smccarrick wrote: »
    What do ye think of the new cut down screen- its only showing 10 flights per page- regardless of whether you have flights getting c-checks etc.

cr*p, but I guess it cuts down on the server load (they have done a similar thing over a month ago, where the max flights you could sent off with one click was reduced from 20 to 10 flights).
    With almost 400 routes I have between 8 to 35 C-checks per day at the moment. Not too happy clicking though 4 screens first before I can see the available aircrafts / routes.

Similar with the display of fuel and maintenance in the same window.... I was happier when it was in a separate page.

(but as I haven't paid a cent I am not complaining ;))

A message to Griffair investers:

I have decided that from tomorow (01-14-10) I am selling off my entire fleet. The money that we make from this I am going to start afresh, building a better Griffair.

I suggest anyone with shares in Griffair to sell them before tomorow as shares will plumet back down to zero.

Tomorow will be a new chance for you to invest in Griffair when our stocks will begin at 0,01 again. This time though we will have a good few quid to splash out on new aircraft.

We estimate we will get $1,914,167,684 from sold aircraft tomorow.
    Griffair
    Your Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Will def be investing tomorrow. Just after selling some stock that has recently stopped increasing. My new rule is if stock dosent go up by more then .10 in a week i sell and invest in a better airline :).

• Advertisement

I will let you all know tomorow about an hour before i start buying new planes. This is a good chance for you all to make a fair few $$$$.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

RangeAir Airlines wish to announce that the airline will undergo radical restructuring and hereby notifies all investors that the value of their investment may go down as well as up :D

You have been warned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Interesting idea Wayne....

I'm looking to invest 100000 shares in someone, and my name's Theo Paphitis:p

Bought an A340-600 for 68ish mill, returned only 2.25 mil per flight, max airtime as well.
    Bit disappointed with that tbh.
    C-checks are here, but haven't been adversely effected yet as a lot of my earlier fleet have been sold.
    Share price @ 16.73, Air Striker Airlines

Ted is back:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

A message to Griffair investers:

I have decided that from tomorow (01-14-10) I am selling off my entire fleet. The money that we make from this I am going to start afresh, building a better Griffair.

I suggest anyone with shares in Griffair to sell them before tomorow as shares will plumet back down to zero.

Tomorow will be a new chance for you to invest in Griffair when our stocks will begin at 0,01 again. This time though we will have a good few quid to splash out on new aircraft.

We estimate we will get $1,914,167,684 from sold aircraft tomorow.
    Griffair
    Your Airline

I've sold all but 1 share, hoping to see it rise and get in there to re-invest my money. I bought 30,000 of your shares at €1.47 or so and sold them for €48 odd...Nice return :)

I've currently got €356 million in the bank and over 500 million lbs of fuel so I'm aiming for the 1 billion cash achievement which hopefully wont take too long but everytime I get above €450 million I always end up buying an A380 or two so I won't be investing in any new aircraft for a few days.

Share price now at €41.18 and still around 200,000 shares available to be bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

AM running so much better this morning...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭kippy

AM running so much better this morning...:)

Yeah, seems a lot better.

When this thread started there were circa 80k playing the game, thats more than doubled and together with other issues seem to have caused recent issues.

I was thinking of calling it a day but will plough on for another while.

• Advertisement

AM is flying for me this morning.:)

All i need now is an end to constant c-checks and i'll be laughing!

lord lucan wrote: »
    AM is flying for me this morning.:)

All i need now is an end to constant c-checks and i'll be laughing!

Theres no end.
    Once you start you cant stop!

28 c-checks this morning :(
    Still got a half a billion in cash- a few more A330-300s I think......
    Thank god its actually working ok this morning.

Fuel @ 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've 398mill in the bank and pulling in around 180mill a day, saving to get the 1billion achievement.

I bought 850,000lbs of fuel 2 weeks ago for the achievement, still got 334,000lbs left so thats making a difference

I desperately need 12 more pax bonus points, stuck on 1488 and need 1,500 to reset staff salary, i'm paying the lazy fcukers 112mill a month!!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've 398mill in the bank and pulling in around 180mill a day, saving to get the 1billion achievement.

I bought 850,000lbs of fuel 2 weeks ago for the achievement, still got 334,000lbs left so thats making a difference

I desperately need 12 more pax bonus points, stuck on 1488 and need 1,500 to reset staff salary, i'm paying the lazy fcukers 112mill a month!!

Bit of advice, dont worry about staff salary, till you have almost got your 400 routes on big planes going for ya. Their cost isnt that big and it will be much better when you have a full compliment of staff working for ya and on massive wages due to strikes etc.
    Then hit them with the reset, then youll see a massive saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Manits Airlines still has 881,584 shares left people!! Get buying :D

Stock Rate: ^10.57
    Fuel levels are high so stock wont take a hit for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

jimbis wrote: »

Bought 50,000.

Actually just looking at my Stock Portfolio there, a lot of very valuable shares now that were bought for less than €1. Mostly (if not all) Boardsies. Thanks to all of you!

jimbis wrote: »

50,000 bought by DubAir airlines.:)

AM back displaying 20 routes again....... :)

Starting to sell all my aircraft off now. I will let you all know when to invest.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Billboards at 5000!

Ok folks Ive $1,820,392,977 to spend on new aircraft. Stocks didnt go as low as I expected but Ill still make you $$ over the next few days. So buy buy buy!

Griffair
    Your Airline

Quick update for shareholders of Hibernian Airlines. We have 161 planes now, all operating from Glasgow.

Share price has passed $100, it's at $105.02. :)

Company value: $1.05 billion

Fleet:

17 B737 (various types)
    1 B747-300
    10 B757-300
    33 B767-200
    39 B767-200ER
    48 B777-300
    2 B787-800
    5 A318 Elite
    1 A340-300
    5 A380-800

Just going to buy A380s from here on, I can get one a day at the moment, two on a good day.

Route map:

image6t.gif

Starting to sell all my aircraft off now. I will let you all know when to invest.

Griffair
    Your Airline

bought 299,997 :)

• Advertisement

How much did u buy them at? Forgot to check before the big buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Aer Ding Airlines is seeing a nice bit of growth up from .10c to 1.39 a share.

Aer Ding is investing heavily on aircraft with 4 new A321-200 been purchased every day to eventually take over from the 60 aging Breguet 763's. These shares are predicted to steadily rise over the coming months and would be a wise investment! :)

How much did u buy them at? Forgot to check before the big buy.

i was a bit late buying it was 22.40 when i bought them about 7

There 31.68 now so they didnt go up by much. When i sold all my aircraft they levelled around the 20 mark, strange they never returned to 0.01.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bit odd that you're company can be valued at less than the cash you have on hand. anyway, some of you guys might enjoy this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other-other-topics/ask-me-about-being-airline-pilot-flying-general-628324/

probably best to reg for the site so you can read it at 100 posts per page/

bit odd that you're company can be valued at less than the cash you have on hand.

Yea i find that very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Tyrone airlines shares have taken a bit of a hit lately due to buying some fuel and selling off all my non standard aircraft.

Fleet is now as follows;
    27 x A321-200
    2 x A380-800

Planning to bring my fleet up to 40 or 50 x A321-200, and then just buy A380-800 from then on in, so my shares should start increasing steadily as I implement this investment program

Share price currently 11.14 if anyone is interested in being part of this investment program!

Thanks to those who gave some great tips and advice so far! :)

kippy wrote: »
    Theres no end.
    Once you start you cant stop!

Tell me about it,i've 21 c-checks this morning!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Frayah Express Airlines has to begin a fleet rationalisation project due to the Airline having more that 400 aircraft in the fleet.

We are to concentrate on all new Airliners, A350, A389, B787 and the A320/321 series (I know not to new are they)

Hopefully by time the fleet rationalisation has complete, AM will allow more than 400 routes, as it will be a little boring flying 400 A380's

The stock is currently trading @ 186.09

We currently have bases, Dublin, London City (to close), Cork, Shannon, Galway(to close), Sligo(to close), Aldergrove (to close), Farrenfore (to close), Frankfurt, Milan, Porto, Doha, Tokyo (to close), San Diego, Philadelphia, Ontario, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Kuala Lumpar, Christchurch, Cape Town, Mexico City & Tel Aviv (We were to add Hamilton & Donegal, this has been put on hold until the route situation improves)

Current Flight Map

[IMG]http://server222.server.activewebs.dk/am/route_graph_all.php?id=698665826&xTvCbSh028J=2010-01-15 15:31:58[/IMG]

Regards

Frayah Express

Check out our fledgling Sister Airline "Frayah Commuter"

• Advertisement

gaff85 wrote: »
    We currently have bases, Dublin, London City (to close), Cork, Shannon, Galway(to close), Sligo(to close), Aldergrove (to close), Farrenfore (to close), Frankfurt, Milan, Porto, Doha, Tokyo (to close), San Diego, Philadelphia, Ontario, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Kuala Lumpar, Christchurch, Cape Town, Mexico City & Tel Aviv (We were to add Hamilton & Donegal, this has been put on hold until the route situation improves)

A black day for Irish aviation then! :)

Advertisement