Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Minds Season 6 [** Spoilers **]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

What about Lola Glaudini coming back for a cameo? That would bring an interesting twist to an episode??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Be||e wrote: »
    James Spader and Mandy Patinkin? It couldn't possibly be crap!

Thanks for the recommendation ;)

My recommendation would be that you buy a tin of paint, slap it on the living room walls, and sit back and watch the paint dry. At least then you'll have something to show for your effort.:P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Living are showing early episodes during the day and it's made me realise how much I disliked Gideon and Elle. Apart from the fact neither of them were great actors Gideon never seemed like part of the team really. He was borderline rude to everyone bar Hotch. Elle seemed very cold at times, with the team and victims. Fat Tony isn't much of an improvement acting wise but the character is much more likable. Prentis was a huge improvement on Elle. Basically I wouldn't want either back.

As for Garcia having so much screentime this season, I'd say it's because of JJ's absence. She usually took care of the business side of things but now they have Garcia doing a lot of that. Hopefully JJ's return will put Garcia back in her box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

i have to agree with the previous post in garcia got a bit more time than usual..roll on jj coming back...and elle in the previous seasons was a disaster never liked her..and regards to gideon he always seemed on the outside of the team even though he was supposed to be the main man..never liked him either..hotch is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

anyone else find the Garcia Morgan dynamic annoying? Seems to be way overplayed and repetitive

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    anyone else find the Garcia Morgan dynamic annoying? Seems to be way overplayed and repetitive

Much like Garcia herself I don't mind it in small doses, but too much grates a bit. I did like in the first episode of season 6 when Morgan was trying to find that girl that Tim Curry had taken and Garcia was giving it her usual blah blah blah and he basically shouted at her and told Hotch she needed to be more professional sometimes. :D

Another thing I noticed while watching the old episodes is how annoying it was when they used to have them explaining something and have it play out behind them. Like they'd be saying he probably came in the window and did this then that, and the background would change from where they actually were to show what they were describing. So annoying!!
    I think they might still occasionally do that, but mostly they just show an actual scene of what they're describing with a voice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Are they making a series 7 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Karen23 wrote: »
    Are they making a series 7 ??

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,177 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a325981/thomas-gibson-signs-new-criminal-minds-deal.html

Thomas Gibson will return to Criminal Minds for the show's seventh season, it has been confirmed.
    The actor has signed a new two-year deal to reprise his role as Aaron 'Hotch' Hotchner believed to be worth seven figures, according to TV Line.
    The agreement, which more than doubles Gibson's previous salary, comes just two weeks before production is due to begin on the CBS crime drama's seventh run.

:)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

JP Liz V1, you legend, thanks for the link <3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jaysus, you'd swear Liz helped with the negotiations.

JPL: "Thomas - the people of boards demand that you stay on the show"
    TG: "I want one squillion dollars"
    JPL: "Take one million and you'll never have to smile on the show again"
    TG: "But I never smile anyway"

... 3 weeks later ...

JPL: OK, $1,312,415 per episode, AJ Cook comes back, Paget Brewster comes back, Gideon comes back as a serial killer, Matthew Gray Gubler will grow his hair long again because it just looks ridiculous now, we promise that when we introduce new story arcs like Reid's headaches that we won't just forget about them when we run out of ideas, we promise that Garcia will be written out this season (or at least kidnapped by a tongue-eating serial killer who you were too late to catch), and that all tapes of Dharma and Greg will be destroyed.

TG: Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,177 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I was detrimental to the negotiations :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love how Garcia and Morgans characters interact with each other. Wouldnt mind interacting with Morgan :D I love Reid's new haircut makes him look older and i'm delighted JJ is coming back :D

I was a fan of Gideon :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I love how Garcia and Morgans characters interact with each other. Wouldnt mind interacting with Morgan :D I love Reid's new haircut makes him look older and i'm delighted JJ is coming back :D

I was a fan of Gideon :)
    +1 on everything

I much much much prefer Reid's hair short. Although I find it funny how he has gone from extreme nerd to trendy hipster over the course of the show.

Good to hear Hotch will be back. I pretty much skipped over most of season 6, especially once Prentis was gone too. So glad they're getting the band back together!!! :D

What did happen with Reid's headaches? I remember him getting loads of tests and they said nothing was wrong, and then he thought it was the voodoo guy, but he said it was something else? Can't remember.

I assume they will bring that up again at some point?

I much much much prefer Reid's hair short. Although I find it funny how he has gone from extreme nerd to trendy hipster over the course of the show.
    I remember hearing he wanted to bring more of himself into his character so maybe that's why, because he only wears mismatched socks and they used to put matching ones over them but then let him wear the mismatching ones ... yeah
    What did happen with Reid's headaches? I remember him getting loads of tests and they said nothing was wrong, and then he thought it was the voodoo guy, but he said it was something else? Can't remember. I assume they will bring that up again at some point?
    oh he went for tests and they said there was nothing there, did they mention it again after that? I can't remember myself only that he told was it Morgan(?) and he said "who else knew?" and he said "only Prentiss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Glad Hotch isn't gone. I don't think the show could recover if he didn't return, it's bad enough that Gideon isn't in it anymore. He was awesome. Great to see JJ back though, I always really liked her. I already miss the dynamic of the original team, and I haven't even watched all the way up to the current series.

On the topic of Reid's haircut, I have seen it and I actually dislike it. It makes him look too attractive! Like, isn't he supposed to be this ultra-nerdy, socially awkward, completely-incapable-with-women type? He kinda looks the complete opposite of all that now..

I love how Garcia and Morgans characters

It's cringe inducing tripe which drags the show down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Dr.Reid

Temaz wrote: »
    It's cringe inducing tripe which drags the show down.

+1 it never bothered me until Garcia got more screentime this season. I really hope season 7 is good, the potential is there for some entertaining episodes. Seasons 5 and 6 were meh at best :(

Dr.Reid wrote: »
    Seasons 5 and 6 were meh at best :(
    myself I actually enjoyed 5 (100 and The Uncanny Valley were amazing episodes) but I thought Prentiss leaving should have been like a season finale because the actual one was kinda, underwhelming compared to the others (season 3's was my favourite).

Dr.Reid wrote: »
    +1 it never bothered me until Garcia got more screentime this season. I really hope season 7 is good, the potential is there for some entertaining episodes. Seasons 5 and 6 were meh at best :(

It was even worse if you ever saw the cancelled spin-off, Suspect Behaviour", because she was in every one of those as well.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It was even worse if you ever saw the cancelled spin-off, Suspect Behaviour", because she was in every one of those as well.:(

I cant wait to watch this on monday night :D I love Garcia :D

will have to check it out too, hooray for more Garcia fans :cool:

Sera wrote: »
    will have to check it out too, hooray for more Garcia fans :cool:

:o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I didn't notice all the Garcia stuff till it was pointed out, now I do. Just about to start season 6 now.

I am a little bit sick of her expression every-time Hotch asks her to do something, it's not out of the blue anymore no need to look so surprized :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Season 7 is debuting in the States on 21 September. Anyone have any idea when we can expect to see it on tv here?

Don't know for sure but Living tend to show things at US pace now, or fairly close to it anyway. So I'd assume it will start on there soon after it starts in the US. That of course means that they'll have the massive 2 month break over Christmas like they do in the US.
    I'd imagine RTE won't start showing it until January/February and show it right through without the break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement