Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland season 4 (RTE pace)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Wondering about the reality of US marines leaving the compound. I know the attack was extreme but would this cause a huge diplomatic incident?

Well, there was a former head of the CIA, the current CIA station chief, her 2nd in command, and a few other big cheeses in the CIA, plus soldiers and drivers in the three cars, so I would say, yes, they would react pretty strongly.

Of course in TV land it's an obvioius plot device to get the Marines out so the Taliban can get in relatively easily, in the real world I'm sure they would keep some of them back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Great show, took so long to get going this series but as always it delivers, wonder whose dead? they always kill off some of the main characters in each series, cant wait for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The last two episodes have been brilliant alright. I thought the series was going downhill with the whole Carrie/Aayan story but it's come to life in the last two episodes. It certainly will be interesting to see who/if any survive now I think personally all in Carrie's car probably made it out before it went up in flames. Those back in the embassy however I'd be less optimistic - presumably they'll take the ambassador and Lockhart as hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭lukin

Hopefully the one week break in the US transmissions means RTE can get up to speed with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

How did last nights episode rate for people in comparisons with other shows? Personally, I think that Homeland is unmatched in terms of high tension. That scene on the runway was incredible.

I'm still high from last nights episode, but I'm gonna put it out there : One of the best, if not the best, hour of television i have ever watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Just watched that episode on sky plus! I'll not sleep tonight now thinking about it! Fantastic.
    Have we all forgotten Carrie has a young baby at home. Does Carrie remember I wonder?
    Can't wait for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aimeee wrote: »
    Just watched that episode on sky plus! I'll not sleep tonight now thinking about it! Fantastic.
    Have we all forgotten Carrie has a young baby at home. Does Carrie remember I wonder?
    Can't wait for next week.

Well I am quite sure the bad guys remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just watched this tonight. Probably the best episode of all, definitely of this series. Extremely tense for the exchange and then just when everything seems fine...boom!

Great to see this show get back on track. Thought they could have killed it off after first season or even last season but glad they continued and hopefully more to come.

Although I nearly threw my coffee at the tv during the Brody scene when I thought he was back.

Would still like to see Dana get taken out just so I know they definitely can't bring her back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The professor continues to be a tool. Carrie's interrogation didn't feel strong enough to be taking place without the wife's knowledge. Not that I'm complaining. The kid martyr thing was pretty ugly. Saul seems pretty damn well beyond redemption. Mind you, I don't think you can come away from captivity like that and not be somewhat messed up.

Lockhart's 'wtf ****ing f*ck' - genuinely brilliant.

What can I do to uncover the spoiler blocks/blackouts? I used to be able to click on them and they disappeared now they don't?? Why?

• Advertisement

What can I do to uncover the spoiler blocks/blackouts? I used to be able to click on them and they disappeared now they don't?? Why?

Hold your finger down on the mouse and drag it across the spoilers (as if you are selecting the text).

lukin wrote: »
    Hold your finger down on the mouse and drag it across the spoilers (as if you are selecting the text).

Thanks for that but I'm on a tablet and it used to be the case that I just tapped the black bits and they would be revealed now nothing happens when I do that?
    Very annoying!

Thanks for that but I'm on a tablet and it used to be the case that I just tapped the black bits and they would be revealed now nothing happens when I do that?
    Very annoying!

I don't know, maybe try a different browser?

I'll try that. Something changed with my tablet b as it wasn't an issue before so maybe the browser thing is it. Probably not a bad thing as I keep peeping into there other thread on homeland and read it through my fingers in dying to know what she's bit don't want to know at the same time. I know I'm sad! Riddled with conflict!
    Thanks again, I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's also refreshing to see locations that are not obviously in or around Los Angeles. The ambush was filmed in the centre of Cape Town, probably one of the two large roundabouts along Heerengracht Rd. (map link).

Did anyone notice the disclaimer at the end (paraphrased): "produced with the assistance of the South African Department of Trade & Industry, who does not endorse the content". :pac:

(Be careful when reading articles about locations - one describes filming a funeral scene we have yet to see. That there will be at least one funeral is hardly a spoiler, given the body count so far, but the attendees were a bit of a spolier which I won't repeat here.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

bnt wrote: »
    (Be careful when reading articles about locations - one describes filming a funeral scene we have yet to see. That there will be at least one funeral is hardly a spoiler, given the body count so far, but the attendees were a bit of a spolier which I won't repeat here.)
    Would have liked spoiler tags around that. :(
    That fact in itself is a spoiler to an extent, even after watching ep 10.

For the first time since early season 2 I find myself really looking forward to an episode of Homeland tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

For the first time since early season 2 I find myself really looking forward to an episode of Homeland tonight...

You are in for a treat-Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Hey I stopped watching homeland after season 3 because I thought the show would go no where after Brody died, is season 4 worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

anyone know the significance of Saul's glasses?

He takes them off during the exchange, Carrie picks them up. Then in the car, she hands them back. He puts them on, then BOOM

• Advertisement

brijay wrote: »
    Hey I stopped watching homeland after season 3 because I thought the show would go no where after Brody died, is season 4 worth watching?

Season 4 is a HUGE improvement. Well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

IanOBo wrote: »

He takes them off during the exchange, Carrie picks them up. Then in the car, she hands them back. He puts them on, then BOOM

I think it was just misdirection - there was a lot of needless focus on them. They'd taken his glasses off him while he was a captive, gave them back to him when they were cleaning him up before the exchange, he takes them off, Carrie gives them back, didn't seem to have much purpose beyond focusing your attention so you were even less expecting the BOOM

IanOBo wrote: »

I think they were meant to be symbolic of Saul being "gone" and Saul being "back", ie him thinking straight and not and I use those terms loosely given the circumstances he was in. Just before the explosion she gave him the glasses and he took the phone to talk to Mira/Mera, symbolising he was back.
    Another thought was that they were symbol of the power and powerless stages he goes through when captive/during the exchange etc.

What did people think of the interrogation/debriefing of Saul by Quinn. I know he must be traumatised obviously but did it mean more than we saw? Poor Saul ultimate failure for him to be used as the pawn for all Haaqaani's men THEN to have their years of intelligence and recruits gained (who will now suffer at the hands of the Taliban) handed over.
    His story isn't over yet I think. Will he go back to US?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

This has been a fantastic season of Homeland, I was worried where it was going to go after Brodys death but I was wrong, it's given the show a new lease of life . The last few weeks have been superb. The scenes on the runway with Saul, the convoy being bombed and then Haqqani entering the embassy was an unbelievable end to an episode. This week was just as good, I was disappointed to see the end of Fara, I have really grown to like her character.

I am shocked that I have really come to enjoy Lockhart, his 'WTF' speech was brilliant and I was surprised/impressed that he did try to save Fara. Denis is enjoyable for all the wrong reasons, he would do anything to save himself.

I kinda felt sorry for the Brodys at the end of season 3, I would have liked to see them have some kind of closure, they just seem to be forgotten at the end. Dana wasn't that bad was she?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Caprica wrote: »
    This has been a fantastic season of Homeland, I was worried where it was going to go after Brodys death but I was wrong, it's given the show a new lease of life . The last few weeks have been superb. The scenes on the runway with Saul, the convoy being bombed and then Haqqani entering the embassy was an unbelievable end to an episode. This week was just as good, I was disappointed to see the end of Fara, I have really grown to like her character.

I am shocked that I have really come to enjoy Lockhart, his 'WTF' speech was brilliant and I was surprised/impressed that he did try to save Fara. Denis is enjoyable for all the wrong reasons, he would do anything to save himself.

I kinda felt sorry for the Brodys at the end of season 3, I would have liked to see them have some kind of closure, they just seem to be forgotten at the end. Dana wasn't that bad was she?

She really was that bad. Such an improved show without the Brodys.

fondue wrote: »
    She really was that bad. Such an improved show without the Brodys.

I could stand to see some more of Morena Baccarin :) She's been cast in Gotham though.

Yeah Dana with her bloody teenage angst, and Chris 'big screen tv in every room' Brody can clear off. Most times Chris appeared, Brody just told him to leave the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Caprica wrote: »

Yeah Lockhart this season has been a great character. His speech to the Pakistanis was great and he even has a bit of smart humour thrown in. Quinn is brilliant as well - Jason Bournesque! As you say, getting rid of Brody has given the scriptwriters a new freedom and it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I stopped watching a few episodes into Season 3 because I thought it was getting ridiculous and I was sick of the Brodys (all of them). Was persuaded to come back because of the reported vast improvement of this season. Finally got caught up last night - wow. I'm so glad I came back.

Was sorry to see Farah's death and John's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The tension between Lockhart and the ambassador has been interesting all season. The upjumped politician vs. the seasoned diplomat. It'll be interesting to see how their stories pan out now as the dust settles on the embassy debacle. Lockhart's decision to give up the list of contacts will have huge repercussions for the Americans' intelligence efforts while Martha has to deal with the fallout from her husband's involvement with the Pakistanis.

Haqqani's jibe at Farah about her killing Muslims rankled, given how many of them he's probably killed, including his nephew. Then he stabs her.

• Advertisement

Chimaera wrote: »

Haqqani's jibe at Farah about her killing Muslims rankled, given how many of them he's probably killed, including his nephew. Then he stabs her.

Yeah, a case of the pot calling the kettle black for sure. Farah could have pointed that out to him but probably didn't want to provoke him. He was going to kill her anyway I suppose.

Advertisement