Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Which branch of Aldi was La Goudale available in?
    I have searched in a few branches to no avail.

Cobh. Was just in there and they've restocked too. It's nice but could definitely do with a bit more oomph. However, for €3 it's a no brainer to pick up a couple of bottles. It normally sells at double that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just about to post about La Goudale. Great value for €3. Aldi in East Wall stock it....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Guinness FES is usually 2.60 approx in Tesco, but 1.99 today.

Not marked as a special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

Aldi to increase the range of craft beers they sell.
    Just note that these are a Special, so will be only available while stocks last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

My local Centra are selling the above Aldi ones @ 4 for €10. Presume it's everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

Lidl have new range of craft beer " The crafty Brewing Company" Pale ale, red ale, larger and stout... €5 for 4 bottles. Got the larger one, not bad 5%, nice hoppy flavour off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

rudboy wrote: »
    Lidl have new range of craft beer " The crafty Brewing Company" Pale ale, red ale, larger and stout... €5 for 4 bottles. Got the larger one, not bad 5%, nice hoppy flavour off it.

It's terrible tbh, same crowd as McGargles and Solas/colgans

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I tried the Solas stout last night.........could not even finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I tried the Solas stout last night.........could not even finish it.

It was that good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

rudboy wrote: »

Tried the larger and the red even though I knew it was brewed by Rye River.

Larger is grand, as far as largers go. Has a bit of flavour to it but not much and was a fairly flat as well.

The red was very poor. Watery crap, I'd take a Smithwicks over it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If anyone is up North then Tesco have the new Guinness beers as part of their 4 for £6, I bought 2 of the West Indies Porter and wish I'd bought a whole lot more. I mean it's no Wrasslers but it's pretty good and at that price is excellent value. I had popped in specifically to try to get the Tesco Finest Porter which is more or less a Harviestoun Old Engine Oil re-badge for £1 but they didn't have it nor had ever heard of it, so maybe never available in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Franziskaner on 4 for €5 in Lidl again can it be bet for value? Only leffe @ 4 for €5.50 comes close I think. Don't know if it's all Lidl last time it was posted here it wasn't in my local Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Thumbs up to la Goudale, drinking it right now. Its in the Aldi beside Halfords as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Panda wrote: »
    Thumbs up to la Goudale, drinking it right now. Its in the Aldi beside Halfords as well.

Is it back in stock? Great beer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

There was a full shelf of it in the new Aldi in the Elysian last Friday (its second day of opening), but it was all gone when I went back yesterday. Surprising, because it seemed to be very quiet the two times I've been there for an Aldi at normal times, never mind a city centre one a week before Christmas.

I wonder if it weren't selling well, would they have pulled it off the shelves and moved it to a busier shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jameson RRP is 29.99. Its 22 in Dunnes at the moment. I saw it for 23 in a Tesco express in the city centre, and Joyces in Athenry have it for 20. Stock up now gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

O'Briens have Bushmills 10 year old single malt for 35 euro at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

24 x 500ml Guinness draught cans for €24 in dunnes and also spotted in tesco at the weekend at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Hangover? 8 bottles of lucozade for €3 in Dealz. YES €3 for 8 bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hangover? 8 bottles of lucozade for €3 in Dealz. YES €3 for 8 bottles.

But that involves leaving the house, a house that still has a healthy stash of Dunnes 4 for 9 beers 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Carry Out Tyrrellstown is doing Budvar 330ml cans 4 for €4. Fantastic deal, regret not buying more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Bad news for O'Hara's red drinking Tesco shoppers; bottles are now €2.05 a pop :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bad news for O'Hara's red drinking Tesco shoppers; bottles are now €2.05 a pop :eek:

Still excellent value, in my opinion :) Aldi must have been fed up with them under-cutting O'Sheas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

dregin wrote: »
    Still excellent value, in my opinion :) Aldi must have been fed up with them under-cutting O'Sheas :P

It is but from €1.79 2 weeks ago; it is still some jump.

Though I have another theory. Maybe they wanted to give a bit of market advantage to the Solas range :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale 5.6% ABV €2 a bottle at drinkstore.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Guinness FES was 2.60 approx for much of last year in Tesco.

Then reduced to 1.99, great value, maybe a month or two ago.

Not flashed as a special offer.

Now 2.15, still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

500ml cans of Argus Strong 7.2% €1.49 in Lidl. Nice flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Super Valu on Sundrive in Crumlin have bottles of Bru Dubh and Rí at 4 for 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Super Valu on Sundrive in Crumlin have bottles of Bru Dubh and Rí at 4 for 10.

I think all Super Valu's have that offer.

Advertisement