Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Sensation info Leaked

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

O2 price plans have lost the plot, serious opportunity for competition to seize the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

O2 have confirmed on their forums that they will not be stocking the Sensation.
    Vodafone confirmed they will be but not revealing when.
    Meteor say they are considering it.

All this according forum admins only though so I'm sure is open to change.

I'd put money on Car Phone Warehouse, stocking this and putting it on Voda, O2 and Met....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I see this is for pre order on Vodafone Uk They say if you order now they will try to get it to you by May 19.

Now also on the Vodafone Ireland site

Wonder when the likes of Expansys and others who will offer it sim free will offer it and how much? Pity o2 are not running with this me thinks they are missing out on a good thing

I see Handtec have this phone now online for pre order at a massive £498 -€561 thats a massive price for a phone:eek: Details Here Rang them and they said that was not fixed price and may reduce when HTC release it hmmmm

Also if you order here you card is debited as soon as it comes in stock. Expected release date is the 8th June. No other sites I can see have given price yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I see Handtec have this phone now online for pre order at a massive £498 -€561 thats a massive price for a phone:eek: Details Here Rang them and they said that was not fixed price and may reduce when HTC release it hmmmm

Also if you order here you card is debited as soon as it comes in stock. Expected release date is the 8th June. No other sites I can see have given price yet

Pre-release prices are always artificially high to cover their arses.

Thanks it will seem to be one of the more expensive smartphones.

Was out at the HTC roadshow out in Blanch and got a look at it and its pretty slick. It will be launched on vodafone on the 1st June. They did not say what price for a sim free model. Will keep an eye on the normal sites. Can someone do a dummys guide to what does the fact that this phone has a locked bootloader mean?

Will look at the new Samsung when it comes out but dont like the quality of previous models so will wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

...Was out at the HTC roadshow out in Blanch and got a look at it and its pretty slick. It will be launched on vodafone on the 1st June. They did not say what price for a sim free model.
    I've been there too. The Sensation looks good, and felt great in my hand, I thought it'd be too big but it isn't. It was running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and Sense 3.0, which was actually lagging at some places when I flicked around on the screens real quick. Disappointing. I can only imagine it running stock Android, when my old Desire is butterly smooth everywhere on 2.3.4... Oh, and I popped into Vodafone, they confirmed the 1st of June release date but couldn't give me any prices yet.
    Can someone do a dummys guide to what does the fact that this phone has a locked bootloader mean?
    A locked bootloader means that (as of now) there is no way of installing any other ROM than the ones coming from HTC themselves. Basically it stays the way it is when you receive it.
    Speaking of which: I told the lady who was showing the Sensation around that the only thing that keeps me from getting one is that no custom ROMs can be put onto it. She went "the same was said about the Desire S, but I've seen three of them already with custom ROMs". So I'll just hold off and see if a hack/solution is found, as I'd love to stay with HTC.

• Advertisement

Phonesonline.ie have it listed for a June 8th release and costing €579.

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=850

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Surprise she knew what a custom Rom was tbh, did you get her number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well seen as O2.ie wont be stocking the sensation, I might buy it from amazon, extend my bill contract with o2 - get a Galaxy S II and then sell that on to cover some of the cost of the sensation, any thoughts ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Got the email from Vodafone saying it is now available. 10 mins later I have an order tracking number. :)

Advertisement