Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Am I the only person who doesn't know ergonomics?? :(

edit: last night grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

the ball was alright last night- poor turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

klong wrote: »
    Am I the only person who doesn't know ergonomics?? :(

edit: last night grrrrrrr
    i don't know ergonomics but saying that i don't know who anyone on here is..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Spent yesterday in the library, and thats not right, Saturdays are supposed to be spent on the couch watching copious amounts of sport, not in the library trying to do work!!!

Today wasnt much better either, although at least I got an assignment completed, so that was a plus, also it wasnt raining today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

When you have an essay due on a Monday or a Tuesday (after a bank holiday).

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Is anyone else unable to access the UL email? It keeps telling me my username/password is wrong but when I tried to sign in to Online Student Records it was fine. Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

i can't log in either was also trying the library website earlier and couldn't log in either..

Thank God. Well not really because I *really* need to get an essay title but my housemates told me they had no problems and I was starting to have visions of my account being hacked. I haven't used a computer on campus in weeks though so it has to be a fault, and one that needs to be sorted pretty quickly if you don't mind me saying.

Printers the other week, email this week. Does anything in UL work?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

It seems as though anything based around active directory username and password isn't working...Your main ul login that is

Sulis aint working either:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sorry to annoy you guys but both Sulis and my UL mail are working fine.

• Advertisement

Well once I'm not the only one I don't care. I'll contact ITD in the morning if it doesn't fix itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I went to the effort of queuing for a pc in the library today, apparently my password had 'expired' so I had to set a new one with numbers in it. Was happening a good few people, and the problem can't be fixed from a laptop. Load of bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Anyone that's not a first year (possibly excluding second years also) has to migrate to a complex password.

Meaining your password must now contain 3 of

1. Uppercase letter
    2. Lowercase letter
    3. Non alphanumeric character
    4. Number

This affects anyone with an ID number below 07 at least.

Cool, thanks ninety9er. Although, nice of them to share this information with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

So is my password changed to something else then? I still cant access my e-mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Funkstard wrote: »
    and the problem can't be fixed from a laptop. Load of bollocks.

No of course it can't you need to be on a machine that is part of the UL domain to change your password. Your laptop can avail of network services it's just not joined to the UL doing hence you can't make any changes to your account in the Active Directory.
    hi_im_fil wrote: »

No it hasn't changed it has expired you need to go and sit at a machine in college and change your password.

rmacm wrote: »
    No it hasn't changed it has expired you need to go and sit at a machine in college and change your password.

Thats a bit stupid because I'm away on coop at the moment but still need access to my e-mail to arrange coop visits etc. Any way I can do it without physically going into the college?

Not sure to be honest, I can change my domain password here at work remotely but UL may not have that set up. Do you know anyone in the college at the moment, ask them to do it for you perhaps? Of course that means you have to trust a person with your password....which may or may not be doable for you.

ergonomics wrote: »
    Is anyone else unable to access the UL email? It keeps telling me my username/password is wrong but when I tried to sign in to Online Student Records it was fine. Anyone any idea?

A load of crap it was, I missed out on the Microsoft talk yesterday cos I wasnt in college, and couldnt access my email from home :mad:
    I went to the effort of queuing for a pc in the library today, apparently my password had 'expired' so I had to set a new one with numbers in it. Was happening a good few people, and the problem can't be fixed from a laptop. Load of bollocks.

Yeah, I saw that today, and sorted mine.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    Anyone that's not a first year (possibly excluding second years also) has to migrate to a complex password.

Meaining your password must now contain 3 of

1. Uppercase letter
    2. Lowercase letter
    3. Non alphanumeric character
    4. Number

This affects anyone with an ID number below 07 at least.

Thats all well and good, but WHY DIDNT ANYBODY INFORM US!!!!!???????? :mad:
    ergonomics wrote: »
    Cool, thanks ninety9er. Although, nice of them to share this information with us.

+1

As Rory explains
    Thats a bit stupid because I'm away on coop at the moment but still need access to my e-mail to arrange coop visits etc. Any way I can do it without physically going into the college?

Yes, its completely ridiculous, and for those of you on co-op and unable to access it, god knows what emails you could be missing!! But as Rory says again:
    Do you know anyone in the college at the moment, ask them to do it for you perhaps? Of course that means you have to trust a person with your password....which may or may not be doable for you.

The only problem I have is that they NEVER TOLD US!!!

I cant fathom how they expect students to read minds! No advance warning, nothing! :confused:

I actually dont know why I'm so surprised, seeing as UL is reknowned for cocking up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Apparently you can change your password from your laptop. Not sure if you have to be connected to the UL network though or if you can do it from off campus

Clicky:

https://outside.ul.ie/PasswordReset

EDIT: Just tried it there from an off-campus connection and it seemed to work fine. Should sort out any co-opers. Obviously not just for laptops either etc.

• Advertisement

Apparently you can change your password from your laptop. Not sure if you have to be connected to the UL network though or if you can do it from off campus

Clicky:

https://outside.ul.ie/PasswordReset

EDIT: Just tried it there from an off-campus connection and it seemed to work fine. Should sort out any co-opers. Obviously not just for laptops either etc.

Cheers that worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

After weeks without it, I got spam today.

No, I don't want to a Ford Fiesta.
    No, I don't want to live in Curagh Birin or wherever with two postgrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

right,is it just me or does the pond/fountain in the middle of the foundation building car park seem to be shaped like a knob when seen from above?funny thing is,the thing as a massive fountain flowing at its bell end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

kopykat wrote: »
    right,is it just me or does the pond/fountain in the middle of the foundation building car park seem to be shaped like a knob when seen from above?funny thing is,the thing as a massive fountain flowing at its bell end.

Not sure about that fountain but don't jump into the fountain in front of the Schuman. It's all slimy and very cold at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Did you find this out the hard way?! It's only cleaned once a year, I think, so it gets pretty nasty!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Did you find this out the hard way?! It's only cleaned once a year, I think, so it gets pretty nasty!

Several people we know found out about it the hard way :D

Why dont lecturers put the notes up in time!!

My lecturer from 4-6 on Thursdays only puts the notes up on a Thursday, and due to other lectures being on, its impossible to get them in time :(

And today as well, I've a lecture in 2 hours, (a tutorial in 1 hour) and the notes still arent on the public folders! How does he expect students to be prepared :mad:

For lecturing 4th years, you'd expect them to be prepared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Mr. K wrote: »

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

hundreds of priceless parking spaces going to waste because the entry barrier is fuct-up...as if parking wasn't enough of a problem in this hellhole :(

• Advertisement

4th year. Nuff said.

Advertisement