Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got €900

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sorry, very last one :p

bacchus-04-studio-qm-ald-stn-1.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Doctor J banned for causing extreme gas before lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've enough GAS over that first bass you posted, never mind that flame top LP. :o

Oh, and now I've just noticed that quilt top superstrat... You're a bad, bad man, DoctorJ.

Sorry gents, but a point had to be made for the greater good :D

Christ, that gold strat is seriously calling out to me. Tell me it comes in Candy Apple red

• Advertisement

Do your own damn searching, I've already succumbed to Bacchus GAS, I don't want to do it again... for the sake of my testicles ;)

dlpb.jpg

Oh jesus :eek:

Doctor J wrote:
    Sorry gents, but a point had to be made for the greater good :D

And what point is that? Give Karl enough GAS that he has to sell his legs, one eyeball, his hair, and spleen? You're a ****ing sadist!

The point? The man was going to buy a Korean Yamaha for pity's sake. I had to make an Exectutive Decision. It called for Drastic Action (and any other terrible movie titles you can feel free to add them in there :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

feylya wrote:
    dlpb.jpg

Oh jesus :eek:

:D

• Advertisement

Thankfully, I can't find a shop that sells them :D

Check this out. They side scallop the fretboard for increased comfort. Great, great guitars.
    img2.jpg

I noticed that alright. I think everyone should donate money to my cause so I can fly to Japan, get a Bacchus and report on it. Merely for an unbiased review of course :D

Doctor J wrote:
    The point? The man was going to buy a Korean Yamaha for pity's sake. I had to make an Exectutive Decision. It called for Drastic Action (and any other terrible movie titles you can feel free to add them in there :p )

Seriously man, those Yamaha basses are very nice indeed. I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand like that.

feylya wrote:
    Thankfully, I can't find a shop that sells them :D

Hey ya go buddy :p

http://www.gakkido.jp/EG-EB/02B02001.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Ya had to mention that didn't ya.

Thank God they don't have the nice strat :p

Seriously man, those Yamaha basses are very nice indeed. I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand like that.

I appreciate that, as I said it's probably a kick ass bass. However, I've played a lot of basses in my time, the Bacchus is the best I've played. Ever. I was stunned by how responisive it is. I'm not just saying it because I bought one, I'm saying it because I really can't think of a better made and sounding bass that I've tried. For the money, the second hand Bacchus is a great deal, a better deal, in my opinion, than a new TRB at roughly the same price.

feylya wrote:
    Thank God they don't have the nice strat :p
    They do have the nicest bass in the world... ever

Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-1.jpg
    Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-2.jpg
    Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-3.jpg
    Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-4.jpg
    Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-5.jpg
    Bacchus-IMPRESSION-35-5-WH-6.jpg

I would kill you all for that bass :p

Hmm, where's my credit card? :p

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    I appreciate that, as I said it's probably a kick ass bass. However, I've played a lot of basses in my time, the Bacchus is the best I've played. Ever. I was stunned by how responisive it is. I'm not just saying it because I bought one, I'm saying it because I really can't think of a better made and sounding bass that I've tried. For the money, the second hand Bacchus is a great deal, a better deal, in my opinion, than a new TRB at roughly the same price.

Indeed, you're the premier bass man around here, so who am I to argue? I'd probably like to nab that black Bacchus from the u-box myself, based on your glorious recommendation. *Sigh* so many instruments, so little money.

Anyway, I know if I wanted to get a 6 string, I'd nab the Yamaha John Myung signiature without hesitation. That was easily the best bass I've ever played.

Bacchus don't do a 6 string do they...?

Nah, but Hotwire do ;)

FlashVI.jpg
    redsix.jpg

For the love of god Doc, some of us aren't even out of bed yet. Too much gas!

Sorry man. Someday very soon I will no longer have the need to visit the Hotwire site every day ;)

I've started visiting the Ran site but he doesn't update it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote:

So, in summary, the Bacchus is Hard To Kill?

:p

feylya wrote:
    I've started visiting the Ran site but he doesn't update it :D
    But you still go back every day, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

someone list the websites that sell these things,i was thinking about getting a spector,that was before i saw the amazing creation in the natural.

someone post them now,for all mankind

Check the Resources sticky and the links in this thread.

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Nah, but Hotwire do ;)

FlashVI.jpg
    redsix.jpg

Ah, thankfully I've no inclination for going for a custom bass. ;)

Advertisement