Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox 15: Machida v Rockhold

Options
  • 12-04-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

34902f295bac061a952044ef49dc6fe6.png

Date: Saturday 18th April
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (9:30pm GMT), Prelims (11pm GMT, BT Sport 1), Main Card (1am GMT, BT Sport 1)
    Venue: Newark, New Jersey
    Odds: Machida (6/5) v Rockhold (3/4)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 46 votes

Machida via KO/TKO
    0%
    Machida via Decision
    39%
    The FreemanMellorphily2002scudzillaAndrew HAxwellDeppZero-CoolOnecoolcookieZymurgistdilapidatingRob01jamokJohn_D80Dietsquirtakelly02burclever user name 18 votes
    Machida via Submission
    19%
    mailburnerHokicallaway92Kev MSwashbucklertower08Petermc83the nikkei is risingPaul.k.b.90 9 votes
    Rockhold via KO/TKO
    0%
    Rockhold via Decision
    19%
    [Deleted User]califanopadzerHazyseurokev[Deleted User]smilerftinpibgudede 9 votes
    Rockhold via Submission
    21%
    Davei141xtal191Sean QuagmireGumbistiffler123Paully DFrankly my dearqwabercdjohnproTimRiggins 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rockhold via Submission
    Really looking forward to this card, pity Romero is injured but still a very good card IMO. Hoping Rockhold and Holloway win, not a fan of Herrig so would be nice to see VanZant win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Love watching Jim Miller fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Interesting card on at a reasonable hour. Looking forward to this one, no idea how the main event goes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Rockhold via Submission
    Guys, convince me Machida can win. I see a lot of problems for him this fight. His TDD is stellar, but Rockhold has a lot of things going for him. He is a very big MW (Machida is an average sized MW). He is younger than Machida. He is also a southpaw, which affects Machida's ability to land his money kicks (power kick to body/head). Machida can switch up his straight counters, but he can't kick as well off his right side, can he?

I see Rockhold by decision, against my heart's wish. He's just too big and strong and will be able to wrestle Machida in the later rounds as he figures out Machida's rhythm and walks him down. Machida having limited weapons vs southpaw Luke will only speed up the process.

I'm not saying the fight won't be competitive by any means, but I just can't see Machida finishing Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope Holloway beats Swanson. I would selfishly love to see him vs Edgar in the not too distant future... in Vegas in July... or in Dublin...

Too much to ask?

Probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Machida via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I hope Holloway beats Swanson. I would selfishly love to see him vs Edgar in the not too distant future... in Vegas in July... or in Dublin...

Too much to ask?

Probably.

Whats the odds on a Holloway win?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

akelly02 wrote: »

I can't check because I'm in college and they have such sites blocked. I'd imagine he'd be favourite though given that Swanson was dominated and finished by Edgar and Max won his last fight.

EDIT: Vegas odds have Holloway (+150) with Swanson at (-190)

Machida via Decision
    Big bet coming up on Holloway so if Cub is Fav :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Would Machida get another title fight if he wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Machida via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I can't check because I'm in college and they have such sites blocked. I'd imagine he'd be favourite though given that Swanson was dominated and finished by Edgar and Max won his last fight.
    lol, there's a big difference between Frankie Edgar and Cole Miller.
    Frankie is one of the best and he's smash Holloway too.

I'd be all over Cub if he was favourite.
    Available odds;
    13/10 Max
    7/10 Cub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Rockhold via Submission
    Holloway lacks the power for me. I like his style but I think his size frame is of a 135er. I think Cub could decision him.

Rockhold to beat Machida, but its a toss up. Luke Rockhold is an animal though. Think he'll have gold around his waist soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Machida via Decision
    great card on paper, really looking forward to cub v max, both have a lot of motivation to win. Hopefully Herrig and Rockhold both get KTFO! Always a joy to watch Jacare go for a nice sub as well. Looking forward to this card.

Rockhold via Decision
    Interesting one this but I think Rockhold is on his way to a title shot and Machida is in the way. Rockhold via TKo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

Have a feeling Rockhold takes this one. He seems to get better with every showing and Machida has already peaked.

Looking forward to it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Rockhold via Decision
    Yeah Rockhold. Hes a bit of a mechanic but should get past a Machida who i think has seen better days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm going with Machida anyway; I think if he let loose earlier v Weidmann he would be champion right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Holloway lacks the power for me. I like his style but I think his size frame is of a 135er. I think Cub could decision him.

He's plenty big for 145 and power isn't a necessity, he needs to work on his takedown defence. His striking is some of the best in the division but I think Cub will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Max to put on a clinic and win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Machida via Decision
    Machida by Decision.
    Been impressed with him since he's moved down.
    It's a close fight but I don't think that's because Machida's waning, Rockhold's just extremely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Cub's going to need to make this a grappling match to win. Max boxes him up on the feet.

And Machida outstrikes Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Machida via Decision
    Take it brandao is only on fight pass? some fall from the main event in dublin less than a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Rockhold via Submission
    Take it brandao is only on fight pass? some fall from the main event in dublin less than a year ago.

Considering how stacked the card is it is hardly a fall. Being on this card regardless the standing is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

He was only the main event because he was fighting Conor in Dublin. He's back in the undercard where he probably belongs at this stage.

Machida via Decision
    Easy Rod wrote: »
    He was only the main event because he was fighting Conor in Dublin. He's back in the undercard where he probably belongs at this stage.

Your probably right. Id still like to see him win tho, theres something likeable about him, plus hes in my accumulator!

Rockhold via Submission
    Almost time! :)

The only downside is a Fox card = so much dragging the arse out of the whole event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Lot of very even fights on this, looking at the thread and the gambling thread everyone is differing on their picks. Hopefully this leads to a few surprises, only lock I can see winning is Jacare

• Advertisement

Rockhold via Submission
    29-28 Dempsey, IMO. Hard to call though. Have a feeling it will be a split decision.

Advertisement