Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Vudgie wrote:
    Is the LG tv app constantly buffering for anyone else?

Worked fine for me last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Worked fine for me last night

Me too. (If that's not too dangerous to say!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

boccy23 wrote: »
    Me too. (If that's not too dangerous to say!:))

Weird...it was fine on my laptop but buffered on the TV...must be the TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Been performing flawlessly for me on all devices I've used (LG app, casting from Android to Shield and PC). Still think it's just a poor app in general though, no real useable fast forward option on TV and console apps and it does not remember where you left off. If they just added these fairly basic features we'd be away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Are the daily NFL Network shows available without adverts later in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    My first complaint of the new season. Only had time to watch the 5 minute highlights this morning as opposed to the 40 one I usually watch but it went from showing clips of the game going 7-0, 14-0. Then I just glanced down at the score bar and it was 17-7 so they skipped a couple of scores including a Tennessee TD.

I’ve been very happy with the service this season and don’t know if this was a one off or not.

I watched that too and was very confused. It was literally only a Gardner Minshew highlight reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Yeah I also spotted this. It's common for them to skip over field goals in the shorter highlights but I've never seen them leave out a TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Thinking of dropping Sky but will wait until after NFL season if there are blackouts of any of the sky games. Has there been any so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Thinking of dropping Sky but will wait until after NFL season if there are blackouts of any of the sky games. Has there been any so far?
    None so far. I hope the NFL and Sky have copped onto themselves over the pointless blackouts that people who spend very good money subscribing to a Gamepass subscription are unlikely to rush out to spend more money on a Sky Sports subscription over a couple of these blacked out games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Gamepass gone down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The stream is now going down on all my devices, even PC
    "Problem with broadband connection" - funny that, nothing else is affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Gamepass gone down!

Its **** the bed for me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Not working for me on xbox or pc. Says there is an error with my broadband connection which is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Down for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can't log in myself

Working fine for me on Microsoft Edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's working fine for me aswell. I did get the issue with my broadband connection except my eir broadband did go down a minute. I couldn't open boards or do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

finally working 38 minutes later on a tablet. Didn't work on other devices

Ok will get stuck into Chiefs and Ravens and by skipping ads I can catch up

Requested a week 3 refund through support. They will never reply....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Weirdly I said I'd try it on chrome. I signed in but when I go to watch a game it asks me to get a subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

It seems to be working ok now but it definitely had problems for the first 15/20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Same problems here for the first twenty or thirty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I didn't have any problems last night, had 3 devices on the go from 6pm to 1am :)

I couldn’t log in at all on the computer last night but had no issues with Apple TV. Didn’t check the computer to see if the issue is still there this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

No issues on Red Zone but watching the Giants and it stopped a couple of times. Nothing too serious as the ads were never far away and a reload of the game worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Couldn't log in at 6 and when i got in it was asking me to subscribe. Seemed to sort itself out around 6.15 and was fine on laptop from then on though awful quality on my Fire TV for the chargers game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Was slow to log in at 6, but got in after a few minutes and no hassle after that.

Anyone watch it on the Samsung tv app? The app shuts down automatically after a few hours. Happened at 8:45 last night, so 2:45 minutes after starting the app. I'm wondering is it the tv or the app.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Same for me BaronVon. It was fine by 6:05.

As I said yesterday evening it had the "detected an issue with your internet" issue at 6:05 pm but my eir broadband(it's easier to contact NASA than eir) went made at the same time so I assumed it was that and it just exited the app and opened it again and it was grand again and it was sweet as a nut all the way until the end of the late games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

On a trip currently in India. Do I put in India details or home detail in Ireland?

Would that make a difference?

Also is India the cheapest anyone know?

TD missing from highlights again.

Condensed version of game up already. Impressive given the game has barely been over two hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

At last, it's available on Android TV

That “The champ is here” ad is definitely the most annoying one that appear during games.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Are the sky games still not blacked out?

I checked it earlier in the season and they weren't just want to make sure for the hawks on Sunday

• Advertisement

They weren’t the first couple of weeks anyway. I haven’t checked since so can’t confirm.

No mention of the injury in the highlights last night. I thought that would have been a play worth including.

No mention of the injury in the highlights last night. I thought that would have been a play worth including.

In the Game in 40 the didn't replay it or show Mahomes down, but the commentary said Mahomes is out for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I find the game in 40 not as good as I thought it would be. No replays and no explanation, you can lose something important without context. The 7 mins highlights can be a better summary.

I find the game in 40 not as good as I thought it would be. No replays and no explanation, you can lose something important without context. The 7 mins highlights can be a better summary.

Some of the Game in 40s are far too long. Showing multiple replays on a touchdown, only a maximum of one is needed. I'd rather it just go straight from ball snap to play end then straight back to snap again.

The condensed games used to be under around 20 mins which was perfect.

• Advertisement

akenno wrote: »
    Some of the Game in 40s are far too long. Showing multiple replays on a touchdown, only a maximum of one is needed. I'd rather it just go straight from ball snap to play end then straight back to snap again.

The condensed games used to be under around 20 mins which was perfect.

For me anyway, I find the 7 min or so highlights too short and the 40 mins too long, so I'm a fussy git who'll they'll never be able to please....!!!!

So I agree that the 20 minute Condensed Game they used to have was ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

For me anyway, I find the 7 min or so highlights too short and the 40 mins too long, so I'm a fussy git who'll they'll never be able to please....!!!!

I didn't sign up for game pass this year and I am it's no 1 fan. Think it's great for the price etc

Last year, Away from my house I found I was having to use illegal streams for matches and redzone, the app just wasn't reliable. I wasn't really using the shortened game in 40 for anything other than the late patriots games.

So far this season I've managed to get by on using dodgy streams and catching the YouTube highlights that are 11/13 mins long which is ideal. I find I'm watching more of the other late games to catch up using this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

40 minutes is pretty much bang on my commute so I find it ideal most of the time, I wish they replayed key downs though.

There seems to have been an update on the LG app. Watched some of the game last night live and the odd time the Gamepas logo would pop up for a split second as it were going to buffer but it never would actually buffer. First time I've noticed this so I'm blaming the update, it's not a major problem anyway but definitely one to keep an eye on.

20 minutes is too short. The highlights can be 10 or 12 minutes alone. I'm glad they've made it game in 40' as it pins them done to not try their best to go into oscars short film category like they did a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good evaluation, it’s just every play one after the other.

I find, having Sky Sports, that the one hour replay of their featured games the next day very good.

They basically spend 15 mins of programme time on each quarter which in real time usually takes 45 mins.

You get re runs of the big plays and some feedback on the controversial incidents.

If GP could do that it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    correction wrote: »
    There seems to have been an update on the LG app. Watched some of the game last night live and the odd time the Gamepas logo would pop up for a split second as it were going to buffer but it never would actually buffer. First time I've noticed this so I'm blaming the update, it's not a major problem anyway but definitely one to keep an eye on.

I had the same on my Samsung TV, with the GP logo popping up. I figured it was a security type thing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Anyone getting random gamepass logos for a split second in the middle of play? Watching texans/colts game.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Anyone getting random gamepass logos for a split second in the middle of play? Watching texans/colts game.

No, all good for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Really appreciating gamepass tonight - life usually gets in the way of me watch football live on Sunday nights. Super to be able to watch a game and interchange with redzone on the laptop with a 3rd game on the TV. Well worth the subscription for me this service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement