Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack O'Neills Tyrrellstown closed ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The butchers is now also closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well that's a pisser, that seemed to have a reasonable turnover of customers.

It did. It's been closed the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Says refurb but I'm presuming that means closed.....

Shame as they were a good local business, Jacks gone, Indian gone, Chinese gone, butchers gone....hardware shop sharing...wake up and smell the roses rental company

I hope it is a refurb.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    I hope it is a refurb.

Sure what's to refurb.....Lidl is great for prices but unless rents are realistic then local business won't survive

You never know what's going on behind the scenes, things could be a little tired around the edges which you can't really afford in a food business.

Time will tell anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

The butchers closed because they were having to get the place rewired. They mentioned they hoped to be open today.

Vahevala wrote: »
    The butchers closed because they were having to get the place rewired. They mentioned they hoped to be open today.

It's back open and the lights are on .....

Brilliant news that it was just temporary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I see the motor factors is closed, apparently for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Any news on the pub reopening?

Looks pretty abandoned anyway...

Chef (Coolmine, also owners of Host, formally of Clonsilla and still in Ongar) are taking over the Aurora unit. Just the takeaway as far as I can tell, not the restaurant.

Is it defo the Aurora unit? I've seen what looks like a bit of shop fitting going on in what was the Indian. Well it's either that, or removing what was in there. Could really do with a chinese back in the area anyway.

It's definitely the Aurora unit. The refurb in the Indian seems to be taking an age, they've put up plasterboard walls and all in it.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the walls were there before hand or not, but there was activity in there last week and I saw someone go into it late yesterday evening.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is it defo the Aurora unit? I've seen what looks like a bit of shop fitting going on in what was the Indian. Well it's either that, or removing what was in there. Could really do with a chinese back in the area anyway.

Aurora unit is being taken over by Chef as January mentioned, takeaway only, the old Tanjore Indian is also being opened as a Chinese takeaway by Angie who used to manage Aurora.

Yeah, saw the sign in the window of the old Aurora. I wish Angie the best in her new place though, Village Park Restaurant I think it's called.

So both new takeaways now open in tyrellstown. Will be trying Chef Garden on Friday.

So both new takeaways now open in tyrellstown. Will be trying Chef Garden on Friday.

Do they have a website or a way to order online? Is the chef garden the chinese?

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Do they have a website or a way to order online? Is the chef garden the chinese?

No, no way to order online. They're not on Just-Eat.ie or Marvin.ie.

They have a FB page with a menu on it - https://www.facebook.com/Chef-Garden-Thai-Chinese-Takeaway-144798429216653/?fref=ts

They are both now Chinese takeaways. Village Park is the other one. They are on Just-Eat.ie

No, no way to order online. They're not on Just-Eat.ie or Marvin.ie.

They have a FB page with a menu on it - https://www.facebook.com/Chef-Garden-Thai-Chinese-Takeaway-144798429216653/?fref=ts

They are both now Chinese takeaways. Village Park is the other one. They are on Just-Eat.ie

I may try them out on Friday night, thanks a million.

Reopening under new owners in time for Paddy's Day apparently. Very few details but the interior is being worked on.

I hear the new owners have taken a long lease to reduce the rent (10 years is what I was told).

I wish them all the best, badly needed

Andip wrote: »
    Reopening under new owners in time for Paddy's Day apparently. Very few details but the interior is being worked on.

I hear the new owners have taken a long lease to reduce the rent (10 years is what I was told).

I wish them all the best, badly needed

Was just saying to my husband a while ago while we were up there that it was a pity they were letting it go to waste like that.

Apparently Chef are reopening the restaurant part of the old Aurora unit too.

Was just saying to my husband a while ago while we were up there that it was a pity they were letting it go to waste like that.

Apparently Chef are reopening the restaurant part of the old Aurora unit too.

Life returns to TT, let's hope they make a success and its supported by the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jake93

Any update with this? Had a look in the other day after taking money out. Wouldn't mind applying for a job there if it reopened.

Jake93 wrote: »
    Any update with this? Had a look in the other day after taking money out. Wouldn't mind applying for a job there if it reopened.

Sadly not reopening by the sounds of it, seems a 10 year lease had been agreed but then a % of takings clause introduced which killed it dead.

Surely to god it's better open giving some rent than closed giving none.

Have a few variety nights, polish beers, mixed satellite, beer and a burger for €10, pub quiz, bingo, vary it and people will use it but rent and conditions have to be realistic

Pretty silly to require a percentage of the takings. However wall to wall TVs will only send it down the same road again, will attract those wanting to watch soccer and few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Pure greed on behalf of twinlite again.Nothing new there.When you look at the amount of units empty since 2005,which could have been occupied if not for the extortionate rents.It must be the worst run town centre in the country.They were quick to take the money from us when buying houses here but have no regard for the residents.I have heard it said repeatedly that the family behind that have more money than sense.

I went over there yesterday evening,the amount of streetlights out of order made it dangerous to drive through.

I hope that things will improve with the change of ownership.It cannot get any worse.

• Advertisement

Butchers is closed down again. Has been for about a week now.

Advertisement