Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call your period?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

Usually, my insides are turning into outsides.

ex used to call it the "time of pain." :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Id normally call it my period, but sometimes Id say 'flo' or my lady time but its mostly for laughs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I just say period, I've heard of it being called flowers before and I'm dying to know where the hell that came from!!! Seriously, someone please tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Usually my friends and I would call it Tomás. An Irish twist on an old favourite ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

WindSock wrote: »
    I hate the word period. I call it the bloodening, Kinda crappy, I need to come up with something better.

LOL! That's brilliant! :D

My family/ boyf call it "Pyramids".
    I was teaching these real rough girls, you know extra street smart 9 years olds, and this young wan goes "Is tha' when ye get yor pyramids?"

Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I call it D'other. (You have to say it like D'unbelieveables.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I call it Me Yokes!

I never really understood flowers...what certain time of month, a blooming happens?? It ain't that beautiful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I just call it my period. I remember reading a book where the mother called it the bloody monthlies which I kind of liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

I would normally call it flowers also but I dont know where that originated from...maybe someone got fed up of all the derogatory terms and decided to give it a nice name instead??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Opened it by accident and still read thru... Now i need to go for a smoke. GF used to call it yokes and even thou I'm not anyway into the drug scene I insisted her calling it that in case I ever decided to drop a few. We now agree on TOM. I dont really give a s**t what its called once she dont turn narky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i just describe how i feel. sore belly, sleepy, and sore back. it's pretty obvious from that.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I usually just call it my period. There was a customer in with me the other day who referred to it as 'blob week'! God I didn't know where to look. My manager was standing right behind me and he looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

My period.

or
    The moon is waxing
    Bottom of my cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

"got the painters in"

never really understood why... but i like it! Nothing too graphic but gets the message accross

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

When we were younger used to call it your 'bad week' or your 'leakies' (gross I know!!!)

Now I would just say 'The Red Army has invaded'

Cant stand 'flowers' or 'period' mind you to be honest dont really like talking about them, I hate when girls in work tell you there on!! I dont really want to know the details of your menstual cycle ta very much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

I just say "the reds are playin at home" or ring a bell and roar "unclean.....UNCLLLEAAAANNN" like Quasimodo, to stop the BF gettin frisky....

Sometimes it even works! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    ring a bell and roar "unclean.....UNCLLLEAAAANNN" like Quasimodo, to stop the BF gettin frisky....

hahaha lmao!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

buckieburd wrote: »
    I hate when girls in work tell you there on!! I dont really want to know the details of your menstual cycle ta very much!!

Oh god I know, I sent a text to my friend asking how she was and she said she was on her period and that it was right heavy...

I just feel awkward mentioning it at all so alot of the time I don't bother :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Being a lady of sorts, I don't discuss bodily functions or fluids in public.

I find it the height of vulgarity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

shoegirl wrote: »

I tend to agree with you! I have a friend who quotes "the pitch is flooded" and i think it is disgusting...

I just say my yolks or tom to my bessie mate or mother that would be it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

shoegirl wrote: »

I agree with you. I have no need to talk about it. And these names...ah yuck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Copulator wrote: »
    Blow-job week.

ha ha ha ha -Im taking that one home!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

:eek:I find if the need arises and I for some reason need to explain my bad humour/horniness or other symptoms to someone simply mentioning that it's "the time of the month" will suffice. Any further description I find superfluous and often times disusting. As others have said the discussion of bodily functions is not something which needs to be mentioned in polite conversation. Some of the names given to it by other girls repulse me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

My mother says 'Auntie Flossie has come to visit'

I just say 'time of the month' or 'im having my period'...or occasionally I take inspiration from Clueless 'I'm riding the crimson wave' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

im not in the habbit of disgussing it, but when the bf needs to know its 'i have my thingies'... although, im soo going to start shoutin 'unclean, uunnnclean'

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Haha this is a great thread. Between me and my bestie, we call it TOM, as in Time of month.

'Ugh Toms here'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Why do I suspect there might be one or two lads out there called Tom who can't figure out why one or two of their female friends talk about them so meanly behind their backs but are all nice and friendly to thier faces.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

My things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

When one of the girls is being cranky, myself and the other guys say, "Must be her Dolmio day"

It was so much funnier about 2 years ago :P

Advertisement