Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/456033925102841857
    PELLEGRINI ON YAYA: Maybe it’s not as bad as we thought at the beginning but he needs at least ten days or two weeks to recover.

Back for DGW37 then, but I'm not waiting that long. Yaya out for Mata, done.

https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/456033925102841857
    PELLEGRINI ON YAYA: Maybe it’s not as bad as we thought at the beginning but he needs at least ten days or two weeks to recover.

Back for DGW37 then, but I'm not waiting that long. Yaya out for Mata, done.

Even if he was missing West Brom only it'd be worth selling at this stage, when you're talking about a player with 4 games vs a player with 5 at this stage of a season.

Silva in it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

With Yaya injuried, Henderson suspended, its Eriksen and Mata in.

With a four point hit, I'm hoping Ramsey loses his yellow flag, otherwise this run in will turn into a right headache.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    With Yaya injuried, Henderson suspended, its Eriksen and Mata in.

With a four point hit, I'm hoping Ramsey loses his yellow flag, otherwise this run in will turn into a right headache.

Just looking at total. None of them excluding Ramsey is near a fall or a rise at present, hold offf on the transfer, or just get it out of the way and end this horrible GW and look forward to the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Just looking at total. None of them excluding Ramsey is near a fall or a rise at present, hold offf on the transfer, or just get it out of the way and end this horrible GW and look forward to the next.

take a look at the game week history of the guy who's leading overall, he has no problem with the 4 points hits!!

Rosco79 wrote: »
    take a look at the game week history of the guy who's leading overall, he has no problem with the 4 points hits!!

Weather its today or another day, it will be done. Just hope Eriksen and Mata are the right choices, hopefullywill be for rest of season ones.

Weather its today or another day, it will be done. Just hope Eriksen and Mata are the right choices, hopefullywill be for rest of season ones.

Both are form players on recent performances.

Taking a 4 point hit this week myself to bring in Silva and Mata, I added Eriksen last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Man it's getting very boring, we might as well wrap the season up now because everybody is going to have the same team for the last few weeks, it seemed that Yaya and Hazards injuries might change things but it's just left fewer options for us all to pile onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Any news on Rooney? Would Hernandez be an option if he was out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Man it's getting very boring, we might as well wrap the season up now because everybody is going to have the same team for the last few weeks, it seemed that Yaya and Hazards injuries might change things but it's just left fewer options for us all to pile onto.

I'd look at it the other way. Yaya and Hazard's injuries force people into making decisions. When it was just Hazard injured some people could have decided to hold him but with Yaya injured too holding both isn't practical.

There are no other heavy hitting mids bar Silva, Gerard and Mata so I'd expect a few people to gamble on other options. It opens things up with 4 GWs to go. Well for somebody like me who has remained stubborn and is having a stinker of a season it's a welcome boost to keep me interested until the end of the season anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

I think Eriksen will become a popular player soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd look at it the other way. Yaya and Hazard's injuries force people into making decisions. When it was just Hazard injured some people could have decided to hold him but with Yaya injured too holding both isn't practical.

There are no other heavy hitting mids bar Silva, Gerard and Mata so I'd expect a few people to gamble on other options. It opens things up with 4 GWs to go. Well for somebody like me who has remained stubborn and is having a stinker of a season it's a welcome boost to keep me interested until the end of the season anyway.

Just going through a few of the recent posts it struck me that everybody will have Eriksen, Mata and Silva. Suarez is what he is, everybody will have Aguero and most will keep Lukaku it might never be worth a hit to remove him while his team is scrapping for points. Most will have an Everton defender, a palace defender, a Chelsea defender, we'll all get a united defender for their DGW.

Starting to feel left out, wasn't planning on Silva my self. Was going to wait for Citys next DGW, to see if Yaya fit again.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Just going through a few of the recent posts it struck me that everybody will have Eriksen, Mata and Silva. Suarez is what he is, everybody will have Aguero and most will keep Lukaku it might never be worth a hit to remove him while his team is scrapping for points. Most will have an Everton defender, a palace defender, a Chelsea defender, we'll all get a united defender for their DGW.

Just a little bit on this. I agree that most serious players will have Mata, Silva and Suarez.

However, the Hazard, Yaya and Sturridge injuries are really mixing things up. I was pretty certain that I'd be bringing in Eriksen and Aguero for Yaya and Sturridge this week. Now I'm not so sure. I think Gerrard may be a better option in midfield with Liverpool going all guns blazing for the title.

Defensively, I don't know who I'd bring in as a Man U defender if any, even with the DGW (I have Mata already).

I'd be willing to bring an Arsenal defender for their favourable last four as I think they'll pick themselves up.

I'll probably also drop Lukaku, but for who? Adebayor maybe...

I'm rambling a bit but I do think the last four games will be the most interesting of all with lots of possibilities for quality teams. This GW isn't over yet, we may well see another injury or two that'll throw everyone's plans up in the air again.

Fun times :D

tom_k wrote: »
    Just a little bit on this. I agree that most serious players will have Mata, Silva and Suarez.

However, the Hazard, Yaya and Sturridge injuries are really mixing things up. I was pretty certain that I'd be bringing in Eriksen and Aguero for Yaya and Sturridge this week. Now I'm not so sure. I think Gerrard may be a better option in midfield with Liverpool going all guns blazing for the title.

Defensively, I don't know who I'd bring in as a Man U defender if any, even with the DGW (I have Mata already).

I'd be willing to bring an Arsenal defender for their favourable last four as I think they'll pick themselves up.

I'll probably also drop Lukaku, but for who? Adebayor maybe...

I'm rambling a bit but I do think the last four games will be the most interesting of all with lots of possibilities for quality teams. This GW isn't over yet, we may well see another injury or two that'll throw everyone's plans up in the air again.

Fun times :D

Get RVP fit and the last 2 weeks should be very interesting, might look at sacrificing Gerrard then for a front line of RVP, Suarez and Aguero.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Amalfitano is going to be my secret weapon for DGW37 if I can swing the free transfers by then :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ya ya out. Silva in.

Then mata next week. Tottenham are too inconsistent for me. Might look at Ericsson then but not worth a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ya ya out. Silva in.

Then mata next week. Tottenham are too inconsistent for me. Might look at Eriksen then but not worth a hit

Fixed that for ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Invincible wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya ;)

Maybe he was talking about going phone shopping :pac:

• Advertisement

Now thinking Yaya to Silva, and Henderson to Mata.

Eriksen will hold off till at least next GW.

Doing nothing on the Yaya transfer till at least Thursday though despite price changes. Anything could happen tonight and tomorrow.

Now thinking Yaya to Silva, and Henderson to Mata.

Eriksen will hold off till at least next GW.

Doing nothing on the Yaya transfer till at least Thursday though despite price changes. Anything could happen tonight and tomorrow.

Eriksen home to Fulham this week. Mata away to Everton.

Think it's Yaya to silva and Baines to Cahill to go double Chelsea. Don't know who is safe to get in United defence really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    Eriksen home to Fulham this week. Mata away to Everton.

Think it's Yaya to silva and Baines to Cahill to go double Chelsea. Don't know who is safe to get in United defence really.

Smalling at 4.6 as gotta be a safe bet even if he doesn't play you should have a sub

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

looking at yaya and lukaku out ade and ramsey in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SSN reporting that Toure will miss the next 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zerks wrote: »
    SSN reporting that Toure will miss the next 3 games.

That would still leave him back for the DGW. Considering that money doesn't really appear to be a huge issue now, I think I'll just be benching him,

Will see how things go. Another midfielder may stick their head up but for now I'd be happy to play Mata Silva Eriksen Lallana with Toure benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Would it be madness to take an 8 point hit next weekend (about 25 points off the pace in private league) to do the following

Yaya, Lallana, Mirallas, Silva -> Mata, Eriksen, Gerrard, Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

robocode wrote: »
    Would it be madness to take an 8 point hit next weekend (about 25 points off the pace in private league) to do the following

Yaya, Lallana, Mirallas, Silva -> Mata, Eriksen, Gerrard, Silva

I presume you included Silva each time by mistake. I have the above four mids you have and Mirallas is the only one I'm pushed about selling.

In regard to Gerrard, Liverpool do have Norwich this weekend but then have two tough fixtures against Chelsea home and Palace away.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Yeah sorry, I was just keeping Silva there to show the full mid. I have made some bad transfers lately but Silva -> Silva would be too much even for me :P Gerrard is probably a knee-jerk reaction, having had him and then sold him a few weeks ago and now being stuck with Mirallas.
    I think I'll have to ditch Yaya though, I can't afford to have him sitting on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    That would still leave him back for the DGW. Considering that money doesn't really appear to be a huge issue now, I think I'll just be benching him,

Will see how things go. Another midfielder may stick their head up but for now I'd be happy to play Mata Silva Eriksen Lallana with Toure benched.

It's a lot of money to be sitting on the bench, but his fixtures are solid when he does come back.

The question I'm trying to answer answering is:

Will Samir Nasri outscore Yaya Toure between now and the end of the season?

FIXTURES:
    Nasri: West Brom (H), Crystal Palace (A), Everton (A), Villa (H), West Ham (H)
    Toure: West Brom (H), Crystal Palace (A), Everton (A), Villa (H), West Ham (H)

It seems very likely that Nasri will have 5 games compared to Yaya's 3 games between now and the end of the season.

THE AGUERO FACTOR:
    If Aguero stay fit for the rest of the year, Toure would be off penalties. This is a massive factor for me.

PRICE:
    Although money is really not a factor anymore, Nasri is 2.5-3.0m cheaper and that money could be spent to upgrade a neglected area, especially for the final day of the season.

For me personally, I'm going to wait until Friday and see if there is an update on Toure's condition. If there is any hint that he could miss one of the GW37 games, he's out.

Advertisement