Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    ForeRight wrote: »
    Don't cut your clubs mate just get a pair of shoes with an extra large sole

jeasuz your on fire today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

charlieIRL wrote: »
    jeasuz your on fire today!

Slow day here Charlie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Will I need a new grip yeah?

Yep. Unless you can get the current one off without ripping it, with a compressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Tones69 wrote: »
    Yep. Unless you can get the current one off without ripping it, with a compressor.
    Thought as much, I'll say it to the Pro sunday

Thanks
    Don't cut your clubs mate just get a pair of shoes with an extra large sole

Not much good unless I start swinging with my feet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have this on the way, pro ordering it for my Scotty Cameron. Kinda looking forward to using it ;)

412mdq4b2FL._SY300_.jpg

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have this on the way, pro ordering it for my Scotty Cameron. Kinda looking forward to using it ;)

412mdq4b2FL._SY300_.jpg

Good grip. Ive got this the past 2 years. Never go back to a stock skinny grip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I bought these recently

srixon2014-ad333tour-4-31314.jpg

Not to be confused with these though as it can easily happen

2a95f07f73778b3aeedabd170b334eeb_XL.jpg

I wouldnt fit more than one of them in my Golf Bag....must be a bugger to putt with?!:pac:

Compared to the Seve wedges I had? World of difference.

They are a much more balanced weight for a start. They are lighter in feel, but that weight helps me ensure I'm accelerating through the ball on impact. With my Seve wedges which were much heavier and unbalanced, youd feel like you were accelerating but you actually weren't.

There is much better feedback of the face of the Clevelands compared to the ones I had. I know instantly if a shot is going to bite, spin hard, be soft landing or hard running. The seve wedges had absolutely no feedback what so ever.

Spin is definitely increased on these wedges. I was hitting the same type of approaches with the Seve wedges and they would just hit hard and roll, these Cleveland wedges have excellent spin and more impressively something I can nearly control from distance.

What are you talking about?

There is a pretty big difference between a €20 wedge and a €80 wedge. A big difference between a generic manufacturer, and a established manufacturer.

You might want to explain that a bit more to be fair...

I guess feel can be different alright too.
    More balanced though?

If its on with tape its almost impossible to get off without wrecking it with a compressor.
    You can put them on minus tape with a compressor, though they will be prety skinny. However it means you can whip them on and off easily.

GreeBo wrote: »
    If its on with tape its almost impossible to get off without wrecking it with a compressor.
    You can put them on minus tape with a compressor, though they will be prety skinny. However it means you can whip them on and off easily.

Yeah its torture, id rather just pay the few quid for the grip anyway :)

• Advertisement

Yeah its torture, id rather just pay the few quid for the grip anyway :)

I had one blow up and frighten the bejesus out of me...not fun. Was deaf in one ear for an hour!

GreeBo wrote: »
    I guess feel can be different alright too.
    More balanced though?

The Seve wedges felt unlbalanced in terms of the weight in the clubhead itself. Felt like the weight pushed to the toe, which was ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

412mdq4b2FL._SY300_.jpg

I thought the idea of the €300+ Scotty Cameron putters to fix all the putting woes of the world. :eek:

I thought the idea of the €300+ Scotty Cameron putters to fix all the putting woes of the world. :eek:

Haha.

I got mine just cause I always wanted one, I was perfectly happy with my TM Ghost, but now I'm using the Scotty for nearly a year I really like it. Weight is perfect and it has a lovely roll and feedback when you hit the ball.

And I got mine for absolute bargain money, it was second hand but basically brand new. He was pitching it to me in the pro shop, and pro suggested if I want, I can transfer money in my account over to him. So it was a no brainer, think I paid like €140 for it, and actually didn't really spend a penny.

The only downside to them is they have notoriously thin grips, so I'd been wanting to sort out a grip for it since I got it but when I was putting well didnt bother.

Now my putting is in the horrors I figure its a good time to do it :)

Plus I'd be lying if I said I'm not one of those people that likes to have **** in a certain colour. So now my bag, headcovers and all my grips will be red/black :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Haha.

I got mine just cause I always wanted one, I was perfectly happy with my TM Ghost, but now I'm using the Scotty for nearly a year I really like it. Weight is perfect and it has a lovely roll and feedback when you hit the ball.

And I got mine for absolute bargain money, it was second hand but basically brand new. He was pitching it to me in the pro shop, and pro suggested if I want, I can transfer money in my account over to him. So it was a no brainer, think I paid like €140 for it, and actually didn't really spend a penny.

The only downside to them is they have notoriously thin grips, so I'd been wanting to sort out a grip for it since I got it but when I was putting well didnt bother.

Now my putting is in the horrors I figure its a good time to do it :)

Plus I'd be lying if I said I'm not one of those people that likes to have **** in a certain colour. So now my bag, headcovers and all my grips will be red/black :D

I'm only pulling your leg. But behind this there is a certain amount of "snake oil salesman" in all golf equipment. But I do like the rationale of money spent from my account isn't really money.

Mind you every time I see one, I do covet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

newport2 wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of spikeless shoes. Great grip and comfortable. Hope I haven't jinxed the weather on us now!

Tour-Hybrid-Ecco.jpg

Beautiful shoe, simply stunning!!!

drool-o.gif

They also come in this colour but you better be good to pull these bad boys off in your Saturday club comp.

5mXJAw0.jpg

I'm only pulling your leg. But behind this there is a certain amount of "snake oil salesman" in all golf equipment. But I do like the rationale of money spent from my account isn't really money.

Mind you every time I see one, I do covet it.

YEah I've wanted one for years but could never justify the price. That's what I love about how when I'm in the prizes in events I get money into my pro shop account. Pro can get pretty much anything golf related, and do the odd favour like this.

I'd bought everything I really wanted, didnt need anything major and said ****it when this opportunity came about.

Last weekend I was only signing in and overheard someone paying €16 for a box of Srixon AD333's, the balls I use. Was doing a one day sale of them to clear way for a new order, so not really needing them, bought three dozen, just cause I've money in the account.

It also proves to be a benefit that when I actually spend my own money, I just tell the other half it was on the club account ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭the greatest game

A golf glider with good battery for 50 quid on Donedeal..

I am never ever ever pushing or pulling a bag again.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭SEORG

Arrived today. Had forgotten how bright new shoes are.
    FJ14Mens_DryJoysTourCasual_53503_233971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

SEORG wrote: »
    Arrived today. Had forgotten how bright new shoes are.
    FJ14Mens_DryJoysTourCasual_53503_233971.jpg

What are they? I'm looking for a pair of nice white shoes. These are lovely, price?

• Advertisement

They're Dryjoy Casuals, got them online in a sale on 118golf for £90, think they normally retail for £100/€125...there are usually some sales online during the majors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

They're Dryjoy Casuals, got them online in a sale on 118golf for £90, think they normally retail for £100/€125...there are usually some sales online during the majors.

Nice site there. Have you used them a bit? Recommend? Looking at a new putter.

Nice site there. Have you used them a bit? Recommend? Looking at a new putter.

The postage was a bit slow, I had to ring as I heard nothing about the order after 4 days other than the order confirmation. I ordered a glove and polo shirt along with the shoes but the polo was out of stock (not listed as out of stock on the site) so they didn't send the order. They sent the shoes & glove by UPS and the polo shirt the following day when it came in by post. Got everything on Tuesday morning due to bank holiday.

Seems to be a recurring theme with some of the online golf stores.

It's probably pot luck tbh. Took 12 days including bank holiday instead of the stated 3-5 working days.

That was the first time using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

The postage was a bit slow, I had to ring as I heard nothing about the order after 4 days other than the order confirmation. I ordered a glove and polo shirt along with the shoes but the polo was out of stock (not listed as out of stock on the site) so they didn't send the order. They sent the shoes & glove by UPS and the polo shirt the following day when it came in by post. Got everything on Tuesday morning due to bank holiday.

Seems to be a recurring theme with some of the online golf stores.

It's probably pot luck tbh. Took 12 days including bank holiday instead of the stated 3-5 working days.

In fairness I have never had any issues with Sports Direct, ordered new golf shoes last Friday, delivered yesterday and prob would have been Tuesday only for the bank holiday.

ssbob wrote: »
    In fairness I have never had any issues with Sports Direct, ordered new golf shoes last Friday, delivered yesterday and prob would have been Tuesday only for the bank holiday.

Agreed, have ordered plenty off them and never had an issue...I usually get my golf balls from them when they are running 20% discount offers but they didn't have the shoes I wanted.

Finally arrived. feels absolutely lovely . Not the colour I actually asked for, but no major deal.

Pro also through in a new release Scotty Cameron Headcover, after noticing mine was getting a bit frayed :D

IMG_20140810_193731.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291214085381

I have the 9.5 version of that with the Ping TFC shaft which I bought a couple of years ago second hand and I'm loving it. Now I found this gem on eBay US since I'm currently in the States anyway. I just have to get it past the customs officers in the Dublin airport next week. But I guess even if they do me for VAT on the $75 it would be alright.

Expect to find the old one on the for sale thread in a short while. :)

Oh and while I was at it I found those in the Ecco outlet.

318344.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭big_drive

Boskowski wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291214085381

I have the 9.5 version of that with the Ping TFC shaft which I bought a couple of years ago second hand and I'm loving it. Now I found this gem on eBay US since I'm currently in the States anyway. I just have to get it past the customs officers in the Dublin airport next week. But I guess even if they do me for VAT on the $75 it would be alright.

Expect to find the old one on the for sale thread in a short while. :)

Oh and while I was at it I found those in the Ecco outlet.

318344.JPG

Out of interest, how much would the Eccos be over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

big_drive wrote: »
    Out of interest, how much would the Eccos be over there?

I paid $139 for them which is €103 according to xe.com. I saw them in a high street shop, think it was Nordstrom, for $190.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great price for those shoes

Advertisement