Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Absolute idiot in my year switched to the IoE (his parents must be insane to piss away money like that!) - he got 20 points in the mocks. Why would you even bother.

He switched since the mocks? I didn't know you could do that.

1 person in my year got 0 points and somebody else got 5, which is a bit worse than 0 in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

1 person in my year got 0 points and somebody else got 5, which is a bit worse than 0 in a way.

Sad that after 1 oral nearly everybody has more points than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Am I the only one who just cannot study on a Friday? -_-

I used to be great for doing stuff on a Friday, I'd always do about an hour and get a little bit out of the way for the weekend. Then halfway through the year we started having an extra class on Fridays until 4 so that ruined it and now I can never work on Friday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

leaveiton wrote: »
    I used to be great for doing stuff on a Friday, I'd always do about an hour and get a little bit out of the way for the weekend. Then halfway through the year we started having an extra class on Fridays until 4 so that ruined it and now I can never work on Friday :(

Do your normal classes not run 'til four anyway?

I can never study on Fridays. Tried my best last week, couldn't do it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

What's up guys, I'm in JC .. and I'm at a stage where I'm starting to get worried. I'm pretty smart and know I'll do well enough, but I failed my Irish mocks (38%) and that put me off big time.. I was so disappointed and somewhat ashamed... I don't want that to happen again in September when I look down at my results sheet. Any advice from JC veterans? ... thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Togepi wrote: »
    Do your normal classes not run 'til four anyway?

I can never study on Fridays. Tried my best last week, couldn't do it! :cool:

No, they end at 3 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

What's up guys, I'm in JC .. and I'm at a stage where I'm starting to get worried. I'm pretty smart and know I'll do well enough, but I failed my Irish mocks (38%) and that put me off big time.. I was so disappointed and somewhat ashamed... I don't want that to happen again in September when I look down at my results sheet. Any advice from JC veterans? ... thanks.
    For JC Irish I just learned off my poetry and story answers by heart and winged the rest.. Got a B so it worked for me! Don't worry about it too much!. The JC is designed for you to do well in so just put in a bit of work and you should be grand! :)

leaveiton wrote: »
    No, they end at 3 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays!

Lucky!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Nice to know I'm not alone with the Friday thing. :P Transcribing algebra solutions trying to get my head around it, best Friday night ever. ;):rolleyes:

No no start of 6th year, word got back though :L

No no start of 6th year, word got back though :L

Ara not too bad they have mocks every 5 minutes in the tute'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I know for a fact that an absolute pr*** in my year got 55 points in the Mocks as i'm in everyone of his classes. Then, I heard him telling everybody and told his parents he got 460.

I wouldn't ussually care but he's so persistent that's what he got even though a load of people were in the class as the Teachers gave out **** to him for doing so bad.

I actually just can't understand how you can get less than 100 points in your Leaving at all. He's genuinely quite average, but seriously 55 points?

Keep in mind this person was doing 6 HONOURS , 1 Pass and LCVP. He failed 5 HL Subjects and LCVP, he got like a D3 in Music, D2 in OL Maths. So his total was like 55 points. It's disgraceful. I absolutely hate liars and bull****ters more than anything :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't get how people can do that badly, like? I got 360 in my mocks, not happy but not completely pissed off, I would have at least gotten into college on it.

I know one guy who got 610 in his mocks, and he's so afraid he'll go down because his parents think he'll get 625 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Am I the only one who just cannot study on a Friday? -_-

You're not alone :pac:

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I know one guy who got 610 in his mocks, and he's so afraid he'll go down because his parents think he'll get 625 now.

Story of my life. Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know for a fact that an absolute pr*** in my year got 55 points in the Mocks as i'm in everyone of his classes. Then, I heard him telling everybody and told his parents he got 460.

I wouldn't ussually care but he's so persistent that's what he got even though a load of people were in the class as the Teachers gave out **** to him for doing so bad.

I actually just can't understand how you can get less than 100 points in your Leaving at all. He's genuinely quite average, but seriously 55 points?

Keep in mind this person was doing 6 HONOURS , 1 Pass and LCVP. He failed 5 HL Subjects and LCVP, he got like a D3 in Music, D2 in OL Maths. So his total was like 55 points. It's disgraceful. I absolutely hate liars and bull****ters more than anything :mad:

Id say some people were like that with their mock results on this, every second person was getting 600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Why care about others (fake) results ?

Id say some people were like that with their mock results on this, every second person was getting 600
    Ah I'd say everyone in this thread was honest though (I know I was). But remember, half those posters getting 600...their only other posts were "WATS ON HL PHYSICS DEB MOCK PLZZZZZZZZ" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ah I'd say everyone in this thread was honest though (I know I was). But remember, half those posters getting 600...their only other posts were "WATS ON HL PHYSICS DEB MOCK PLZZZZZZZZ" :rolleyes:

Give me help internet pplz who have nothing better to do with their time! I offer you nothing in return however:rolleyes:

hey i no u sed u dont do fizicz but can u plz find it for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was honest about my results because I really doubt some strangers on the internet care what I got in my pres. But then again I didn't say I got 600 points or anywhere close...

• Advertisement

fizicz

I'm far too easily amused by people spelling stuff like that. :D :P Eye luff fizz-kem. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Happy with my 485....and not much point in pretending you got something...maybe other people get some sort of a kick out of people they don't know thinking they are genius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It's weird having not done mocks this year just small tests instead. I think I'm doing much better this year. The only LC test I've not sat before is the English HL or Economics. I really hope I won't run out of time on the paper 2 of English as there's a lot to write. I may have to test myself one day to see if I can manage writing 3 essays plus the unseen poem.
    How was the time for paper 2? Was it hard trying to get it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

It's weird having not done mocks this year just small tests instead. I think I'm doing much better this year. The only LC test I've not sat before is the English HL or Economics. I really hope I won't run out of time on the paper 2 of English as there's a lot to write. I may have to test myself one day to see if I can manage writing 3 essays plus the unseen poem.
    How was the time for paper 2? Was it hard trying to get it finished?
    Got it done just with about three seconds to spare! Could have been because I spent most of my Hamlet Essay day dreaming about several ingenious ways Hamlet could have exacted revenge though :pac:

Got it done just with about three seconds to spare! Could have been because I spent most of my Hamlet Essay day dreaming about several ingenious ways Hamlet could have exacted revenge though :pac:

Wow no pressure then haha. The comparative takes me the longest to write out of them maybe because I didn't know it as well when was writing it up. Everytime I've written one it takes me at least 2 hours.

Personally I finished about an hour early :pac: I got 65/70, 46/50, 13/20 (had never done unseen poetry, d'oh :o) and 48/60 (hadnt revised hamlet in class :L).

I think its all down to knowing what youre gonna write and writing it fastish.

Personally I finished about an hour early :pac: I got 65/70, 46/50, 13/20 (had never done unseen poetry, d'oh :o) and 48/60 (hadnt revised hamlet in class :L).

I think its all down to knowing what youre gonna write and writing it fastish.

Oh yeah true , hopefully I won't run out of time. I think there's and extra 20mins allowed for English too.

There is I think, but I think thats how its been for the last few years but people still struggle :( But dont worry, just write fast :)

I'd like to get up early and study tomorrow but this week has me exhausted. I aimed to do all 30 algebra questions from 2011-1996 but 2011 was so confusing that I gave up :(

(By doing I mean copying and trying to understand :L)

There is I think, but I think thats how its been for the last few years but people still struggle :( But dont worry, just write fast :)

I'd like to get up early and study tomorrow but this week has me exhausted. I aimed to do all 30 algebra questions from 2011-1996 but 2011 was so confusing that I gave up :(

(By doing I mean copying and trying to understand :L)

I'm the same, I hate leaving study til late in the day too. I might go libary early that way I'd have to study not sure though. I have lots of books or folders which I use. I might just go for the morning . I haven't touched maths in a while by myself I just get frustrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Tonsillitis is such a cnutbag :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement