Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

• 17-11-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Hi all, I know it's early days yet, but am soooo excited and NERVOUS!!!! Got a positive result this week - 1-2 weeks pregnant. Anyone else around to join me in the excitement/anxiousness????? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats!
    Got my BFP last week.
    Due on the 18th of July.
    Is it your first? I have a 10 yr old but it feels all new to me again since its been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Me to... 8th July, so super excited like you wouldn't believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Yea, it's our first - so completely new to me! Went to doc yesterday to get bloods done to test my progesterone levels and have started on cyclogest to be safe. Have ye got twinges and back pain????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

9th July!!! Wooohooo!! was waiting for this thread to be started!!
    I'm 6.5 weekd with Baby no.1 and I am beyond excited!!
    March, I get back pain and cramps(well they eased off this week) kinda similar to period cramps but my doctor said it's totally normal as your uterus is stretching-especially on your first!
    Congrats everyone xx

javagal wrote: »
    9th July!!! Wooohooo!! was waiting for this thread to be started!!
    I'm 6.5 weekd with Baby no.1 and I am beyond excited!!
    March, I get back pain and cramps(well they eased off this week) kinda similar to period cramps but my doctor said it's totally normal as your uterus is stretching-especially on your first!
    Congrats everyone xx
    I was getting cramps for the first few weeks. Grand now. No symptoms apart from tender breasts.
    Had first dr appointment this morning, she took bloods and blood pressure etc.
    How am I going to keep this a secret until after Christmas!!!???

• Advertisement

My doc was off yesterday so I attended a locum, she didn't even do a pregnancy test, just took me at my word that I had got a positive test!! So I asked for my blood to be done to test progesterone levels! I am just starting to get slight waves of nausea yesterday and today - would it be possible this early - only 4 weeks and few days gone?!!

I know it's so hard to try and keep this a secret over Crimbo!!!!!!! How will we do it??!?!!!

All my family are meeting up next weekend and we always have a few bottles of plonk - so I am trying to think up of a believable excuse for next weekend as to why I am not drinking!!!!!

My doc didn't do a test either!
    I think morning sickness can start between 4-6 weeks.

I think saying that your driving or on anti biotics is the best bet.
    That's what I'm doing tonight - heading to the cinema after work and supposed to be heading out afterwards, just just told the girls I'm on anti biotics.

I've been nauseous since just over 4 and a half weeks and very sick since nearly 6 weeks: I'm in hosp on a drip at moment!! Got a scan yest and saw well a dot but my little baby!! So this is all going to be worth it!!! Ill be 7 weeks Sunday :)

The antibiotics is a good idea Silly, but I know my gang, they would start asking what for and what type of antibiotics!!!! :rolleyes: Enjoy the flick anyway and get plenty of popcorn and choc!!! :D

OMG Cyning have you been that sick so early that you had to be put on a drip?!! :eek:

Guys this is some rollercoaster and it's only the beginning!!! :p

And congrats to everyone by the way, including you too Javagal!! :D

• Advertisement

Yup I wasnt keeping down water or anything :( hyperemisis... Everyone keeps telling me it's a good sign though!! My third day in today... I'm feeling a tiny bit better though :)

Mothe of god, you poor pet Cyning - I just googled it there, that sounds harsh. Rest up girl and hope you feel better soon xx

March11 wrote: »
    And congrats to everyone by the way, including you too Javagal!! :D

Tell everyone your on weight watchers lol !!

I'm 7 weeks on Monday, get the occasional bout of nausea but I find them travel sickness bracelets make it go away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

A tip for the antibiotics story, as most people dont usually believe that one now, is to say you are on Flagyl antibiotics, cos you absolutely cannot drink alcohol on those, or you will be violently ill. You even have to wait 48hrs after the course is finished to drink. ;)
    Dentists usually prescribe them for abscesses.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001049.html

Have fun, and congrats. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats to everyone 
    I found out 2 days ago.
    My due date is 22th of July 2012.
    We are so excited, as it is our first. We were trying for 2 months, but it was surprise anyway :).
    I have a doctor appointment in a week time and I'm nervous a little bit as it is our first.

Saurelin wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone 
    I found out 2 days ago.
    My due date is 22th of July 2012.
    We are so excited, as it is our first. We were trying for 2 months, but it was surprise anyway :).
    I have a doctor appointment in a week time and I'm nervous a little bit as it is our first.
    congrats!the doctors appointment is grand and nothing really,urghh getting all sorts of aches today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Javagal thanks :)

I'm sure everything will be fine.
    We told our parents, and my mother in - law - usually nice woman had so many "advises" like:
    - don't buy anything for a baby it is bad luck or
    - remember you mast eat twice as much or
    - Don’t bend - and how I should put my boots on? or even trousers?

And of course both mums’ thinks that they will come after the birth and live with us for few weeks - no way.

There were so many little things that annoyed me today, that I’m almost glad tomorrow is Monday and I will be busy whole day at work.

I could've cried I laughed so much at your post!! My mil told me that I shouldn't drink so much water it was bad for the baby (considering I'm in hospital with dehydration a bit ironic!!!)

My own mother got told it was my baby not hers: she started listing things I was and wasn't to do: and then she said she was coming to my next scan: like hell she is!!

It's like your pregnant and they think you'll revert to being their child again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congratulations everyone!

I have been lurking on the forums for a few weeks, I'm due on the 13th (Friday the 13th - thats so not fair!)

It will be our first child - we got married 3 months ago, so although it wasn't exactly planned, it's not a massive shock either. Just surprised that it happened so soon! Hubby was already pretty sure he had super-sperm, he's convinced of it now!

We've told his parents and mine, and I told my best friend - because otherwise i would have exploded. I hear explosions are bad for the baby. But hubby is away from home until christmas, and i live in the middle of nowhere so I'm feeling a bit on my own (despite great telephone support :) )

I haven't had any major symptoms, feeling more nauseous than I ever have before today, but for some strange reason, that is just reassuring me that things are normal. Apart from that, I had a few twinges in the first couple of weeks, and have had achy boobs since I found out.

My doc also didnt do a test, I said i had done two and both had come back positive, and he took my word for it.

Fingers crossed that everything is smooth sailing from here on out - I am so delighted to have found other people going through the same. It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment. Here's wishing you all beautiful babies :)

Sorry to hear that your hubby is away for so long! But congrats all the same!
    I'm 6 weeks today! Still have sore boobs, is it too early to wear a maternity bra in bed? I read that your boobs would be less saggy after birth if you wear a soft bra at night.
    Anyone else hear this?

• Advertisement

Hi all, just checking in to see how everyone is????

I am 5 wks 1 day today :)

I am getting awful headaches, am peeing for Ireland, my boobs are huge /killing me, I am demented from restless legs/can't sleep and my tummy is very obvious!!! :eek:

This is just mental stuff at such an early stage!!!!

Welcome and congrats to the newbies :D

Hi all, just checking in to see how everyone is????

I am 5 wks 1 day today :)

I am getting awful headaches, am peeing for Ireland, my boobs are huge /killing me, I am demented from restless legs/can't sleep and my tummy is very obvious!!! :eek:

This is just mental stuff at such an early stage!!!!

Welcome and congrats to the newbies :D
    I can't believe your tummy is very obvious already!!! Is it bloating?
    I'm not showing at all.
    On thebump.com it says that my baby is the size of a sweet pea, an average of 25inches.
    And:
    Your Baby: Week 6

Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

I don't know what it is, I do normally have an extremely flat tummy, so am shocked at how obvious I am. I keep pulling my cardi over it. Anyone who knows me would spot it a mile off, so am trying to stay away from family/friends! Could it be bloating and if so when will it go coz it's getting a pain not being able to wear my usual clothes which it is showing under???!!!!

I don't know what it is, I do normally have an extremely flat tummy, so am shocked at how obvious I am. I keep pulling my cardi over it. Anyone who knows me would spot it a mile off, so am trying to stay away from family/friends! Could it be bloating and if so when will it go coz it's getting a pain not being able to wear my usual clothes which it is showing under???!!!!
    Well at 5 weeks, I think your baby is only the size of an appleseed! So it must be bloating???
    It must be a pain trying to hide it so early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats to everyone! I'm joining in!
    Got a positive on a Tescos preg test this morning. Definite line there.

Going to do one of the digital ones tomorrow morning to be sure to be sure, but a line is a line when it comes to pregnancy tests.

I'm delighted, this is our first, have been TTC probably only since July/August so we're incredibly lucky to get preg so fast as the average is something like a year or two to get preg.

Hubby is over the moon, won't see him til tomorrow night, couldn't speak to him this morning as he was in work, so I sent him a photo of the test (along with the instructional pictures on the box) as a way to show him!

Don't know what to be doing with myself. It's very early days, I'll be 5 weeks this Saturday & I'm due 28th July (all going well).

Mega sore boobs & a bit of cramping (I was sure period was on it's way).

Mink wrote: »

Going to do one of the digital ones tomorrow morning to be sure to be sure, but a line is a line when it comes to pregnancy tests.

I'm delighted, this is our first, have been TTC probably only since July/August so we're incredibly lucky to get preg so fast as the average is something like a year or two to get preg.

Hubby is over the moon, won't see him til tomorrow night, couldn't speak to him this morning as he was in work, so I sent him a photo of the test (along with the instructional pictures on the box) as a way to show him!

Don't know what to be doing with myself. It's very early days, I'll be 5 weeks this Saturday & I'm due 28th July (all going well).

Congrats mink!
    And welcome to the sore boobs and cramping thread.... Most of us seem to have the same symptoms.

Mink wrote: »

Welcom Mink! Oh I'm just delighted for you after following your posts on TTC and now your due 3 weeks after me!!
    8 weeks Sunday.
    Went for bloods yesterday(have a phobia) so I'm delighted with myself.
    Definite stretching in waist band(and ass) and my boobs are massive, I.m wearing sports bra's atm.

Welcom Mink! Oh I'm just delighted for you after following your posts on TTC and now your due 3 weeks after me!!
    8 weeks Sunday.
    Went for bloods yesterday(have a phobia) so I'm delighted with myself.
    Definite stretching in waist band(and ass) and my boobs are massive, I.m wearing sports bra's atm.
    Are you wearing it at night?

Yeah, them puppies would be running wild otherwise!

• Advertisement

Yeah, them puppies would be running wild otherwise!
    I need to get one. Where did you get yours?

Advertisement