Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

So exhausted:( I might go straight to bed when I get home...:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Colm! wrote: »
    come to UCC next year if you want to debate through 6th year; debate interesting topics that don't include "the developing world" every single sentence
    there's rounds of the UCC debates in UL too I think, distance isn't an excuse (although I debated against some Limerick people on Monday)
    Ya, I've mentioned it to the teacher in charge already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep. Finally confirmed that this is the week I've completely lost my marbles.
    Somehow fcuked up a few things I wish I didnt.
    The showers after screaming at me a couple times.
    The fridges been mooing at me.
    I forgot how to steer the car a couple times yesterday.
    Went to turn off the heater in the car and turned off my lights instead.
    And its only wednesday :/

Im just heading to the funny farm now. Dont mind me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

BLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staying in Limerick for the fourth week straight next week... it's not so much that I want to go home, it's that I just don't ****ing want to be here.

F*ck of college and die will ya? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I keep having some recurring dream I can't remember, which causes me to to tear at my skin so hard that I wake up. My arm looks like it's been attacked my a cat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I just don't know what to do anymore. It's all just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Organised a mystery trip with my friend, but just found out that it's on the same dates as my class trip. :(

That'd be fine, if I hadn't also found out that it means I miss my little brother's debs. :(

Seriously pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I refuse to believe that in the last 20 years after all my opticians visits that nobody didn't notice the turn in my eye. I've become so aware of it since I've been told and it nearly feels like its gotten worse. I've started to become so self conscious about it too. If people had actually done their jobs properly and noticed all the very obvious signs something could have been done about this.

None of this has been helped by the fact that the creepy pervert in work who keeps coming onto me pointed it out to me yesterday. Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

My brain is fried from using computers so much.

My brain is fried from using computers so much.

Ah you're young. You'll get used to it.
    Spell Check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ah you're young. You'll get used to it.
    Spell Check
    Did you have a different username? I'm very confused

Namlub wrote: »
    Did you have a different username? I'm very confused

I change every so often

I am getting ridiculously upset about missing seeing my brother's debs. HOW did I not realise it was that weekend?! I'm so angry at myself.

Fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

MavisDavis wrote: »
    I am getting ridiculously upset about missing seeing my brother's debs. HOW did I not realise it was that weekend?! I'm so angry at myself.

Fúck.

Go out afterwards,sure people head off to their debs mad early.

Go out afterwards,sure people head off to their debs mad early.

I'll be in another country.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's only a debs. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'll be in another country.
    Ok well that may pose a bit of a logistical challenge.

Anyway time for my own arrrrgh well its more of an aww:( I suppose.

Basically I've part of the same stage school for the past 11 years and haven't ever missed a show and I love nothing more than being on stage even as a back line chorus dancer.There is nothing like that feeling to me the nerves,the adrenaline,the feeling that were all working together to pull this one out of the bag.It's a part of me I've been there since I'm 9 and had 2/3 rehersals pretty much every week since 1999!

But I've just left after the last show and I still cant get over how upset its left me.I still love doing shows and singing and dancing but I had no friends.11 years and I ended up on my own.I was even assigned a dressing room because I didn't have a group to slot into.I used to have groups of friends in it but over the years people started to leave and drift away but there was a bit of a mass exodus after a show last year.I feel so weird that every monday and Wednesday for the past month I've been really upset just sitting at home feeling out of place.My Mam and dad don't get it.They see I'm miserable without it but they keep telling me to go back even though I've told them how I end up standing on my own and the like as I'm not part of a group.

I've tried talking to other people there but they don't really want to know which is fair they've their own groups and have had for years and it'd be weird now.I just feel so lost and suprisingly heartbroken.I've managed to keep this hobby up even through work,the leaving cert(twice),college the lot and its the basic thing of feeling like an outcast that finally made me leave.I've been really torn up over it.

I've always found it hard to make friends but it never really bothered me till now.Feeling that awkward for the last 8 months in dancing has just made me see that even though I was part of the furniture and everyone knew me that no one really could have giving a flying piglet weather I was there or not.

Sorry for the long depressing post just wanted to vent a bit.

It's only a debs. :confused:

It's my little brother's debs to be precise and it's a big deal to me.

It's also part of a lovely trend in my life (oh, about six months now) called everythingisgoingwrongisn'tthisfun?

It's my little brother's debs to be precise and it's a big deal to me.

It's also part of a lovely trend in my life (oh, about six months now) called everythingisgoingwrongisn'tthisfun?

I'd get upset if it was my little sister's Debs as well (even though my big brother didn't bother coming to see me on mine =.=). Is there any way you can postpone the mystery trip?

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I'd get upset if it was my little sister's Debs as well (even though my big brother didn't bother coming to see me on mine =.=). Is there any way you can postpone the mystery trip?

No, not unless I want to lose my money. And seeing as there are only two other people going so far, I don't want to risk them not going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Aisling im shite with advice but i can offer you a hug

*hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe I'm just a weirdo about the whole debs thing. I went to mine on my own (girlfriend at the time couldn't travel down the country for it) and we did nothing in the house before it. My brother took his fairly casually too, at home before the event itself at least.

We made a big deal of my sister's one this year, but the house was so busy she didn't notice I slept through the first hour of the party! :P

I got my hair make up done, threw on the dress and was like right lads, pints?! But my dates parents were very into it. Champagne and the hole kit and kaboodle! Was right for a booze at 1pm, didnt leave the house til 3 after a feed of tea and sandwiches.

I dont see why its such a big deal to be honest. Too much hype around the actual night and in my experience it was quite disappointing. I found the class night out the night after it was reams better.

Cawcheen wrote: »
    I got my hair make up done, threw on the dress and was like right lads, pints?! But my dates parents were very into it. Champagne and the hole kit and kaboodle! Was right for a booze at 1pm, didnt leave the house til 3 after a feed of tea and sandwiches.

I dont see why its such a big deal to be honest. Too much hype around the actual night and in my experience it was quite disappointing. I found the class night out the night after it was reams better.

Classy girl :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

For some bizarre reason, they decided to move our debs to some hotel in Monaghan, at the last minute, despite the school being in Dublin. As such, no one except the organisers went. We held our own rebel debs in The Wright Venue, though, and it was way more fun than I would imagine a stuffy aul yoke like we had planned originally. Fierce craic showing up in our suits and ties to a nightclub.

Classy girl :pac:

I eat,sleep,dream and egest class.

Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

No, not unless I want to lose my money. And seeing as there are only two other people going so far, I don't want to risk them not going.

Don't airlines normally allow you to change flight dates? My cousin had to do it before, admittedly, at an extra cost, but if it means a lot to you, I'm sure it'd be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cawcheen wrote: »

I was the same! Sure the lads had their suits before I had my dress. And I wore a short dress and flat shoes. Mad for the session so I was...

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I was the same! Sure the lads had their suits before I had my dress. And I wore a short dress and flat shoes. Mad for the session so I was...

Absolute shtyle of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I fear a series of small poor decisions (mine included) which culminated into quite a bad situation is gonna cause a bit of a shít storm...

For my own I went all out, expensive dress, hair done up, make up done professionally, tan done (that was all my mother, I wanted to stay pale). Everyone was like "ooookay" cause normally I'm never all done up and stuff.

For the other 3 Debs I went to though it was just throw on a dress and out the door. 2 were one day after the other. Now that was hard.

For my own I went all out, expensive dress, hair done up, make up done professionally, tan done (that was all my mother, I wanted to stay pale). Everyone was like "ooookay" cause normally I'm never all done up and stuff.

For the other 3 Debs I went to though it was just throw on a dress and out the door. 2 were one day after the other. Now that was hard.

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Grindylow wrote: »

Same
    You got an expensive dress and fake tan for your debs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

We try not to judge people here...

But he makes it so god damn difficult....

• Advertisement

Thread-spoiling - for some a sport, for others an art-form;
    for others still, the last bastion of the attention-seeker.

My dress was €99.. some people payed over €300 for theirs plus alterations. I just couldn't justify doing that.

Very much so, went all Jersey Shore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Guys, I've noticed a trend lately of belittling and putting down other people's arrgghs. Just because they may not seem like a big deal to you doesn't mean it's not a big deal to the person who's posting, it obviously is if they're posting it in the first place. I'm posting this up as a warning now, if anyone does it again I will be infracting people, regardless of if you've done it before. It's a highly insensitive to do and I find it completely unacceptable.

Pigwidgeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Actually terrified that I'm gonna have a heart attack. In hospital on Tuesday night with seriously low potassium and I've a weird feeling :( take it awaaaay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Actually terrified that I'm gonna have a heart attack. In hospital on Tuesday night with seriously low potassium and I've a weird feeling :( take it awaaaay

Well that's terrifying. Hope your ok, try not to stress yourself out too much, it could be nothing at all.

Hope you're ok degausser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Waste of my day. I don't mind its the bus from home to college that kills me. if only it was a 5 min journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Why are people so narrowminded about owning a reptile/snake. I mean the Hognose is They eat pinkies(baby mice) and jumpers(sub adult mice) >_<

Oh and they dont bite.

I just want a snake ;___;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Times like this I really wish we were given a study week...:(

Times like this I really wish I had used my study week to study :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You don't have a study week? Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You don't have a study week? Where are you based?

The rest of the college does. Just not us :(

/self pity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Why do people turn into such nut-jobs when it comes to the opposite sex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Why do people turn into such nut-jobs when it comes to the opposite sex?

Opposite sex? Where?

*puts underpants on head*

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement